+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Will it arrive first by Purolator and then will it update on BLS or we can see update on purolator or BLS before actually receiving ?
am perplexed with the status update----for my family it shows Counter delivery after OCI stamping......for over 4 days now.....and i didnt choose purolator delivery....so am not sure if I should go and collect it in person as well....

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
am perplexed with the status update----for my family it shows Counter delivery after OCI stamping......for over 4 days now.....and i didnt choose purolator delivery....so am not sure if I should go and collect it in person as well....
My understanding is once it shows "Counter delivery after OCI stamping " that means it is ready to pick up or delivery to Purolator, still not sure

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
My understanding is once it shows "Counter delivery after OCI stamping " that means it is ready to pick up or delivery to Purolator, still not sure
i did not avail purolator.....meaning i should go and collect it....but not sure if I should go and collect it since it doesnt show ready for collection.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Can anyone please tell me what to select here in this question?
Spouse Details
Are You applying OCI on the basis of Indian Spouse/ Spouse's OCI-Card? Yes / No
How are you getting your OCI?

Are you a foreign citizen (not a naturalized Canadian) applying for OCI because of an Indian origin spouse or Were you an Indian Citizen before and applying OCI?

If later then your answer should be No.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
How are you getting your OCI?

Are you a foreign citizen (not a naturalized Canadian) applying for OCI because of an Indian origin spouse or Were you an Indian Citizen before and applying OCI?

If later then your answer should be No.
I was Indian citizen before. Should I answer No to question then ?

Reactions: Jetrocker

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, on the application form, do I mention IND after Mumbai for place of birth as on my Canadian Passport, the place of birth is mentioned exactly as Mumbai IND? Even though I mention country as India and state as Maharashtra, do I still have to include IND with Mumbai for place of birth? I'm asking this because when I asked BLS call centre about this, they always say mention Place of Birth exactly as per Canadian Passport.

Also for the profession letter, I'm reluctant to ask my employer for a letter for OCI. So instead I'm planning to write a cover letter myself with all the employer information. Would a self written cover letter also be fine? Has anyone received their OCI with a self written cover letter for profession?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, on the application form, do I mention IND after Mumbai for place of birth as on my Canadian Passport, the place of birth is mentioned exactly as Mumbai IND? Even though I mention country as India and state as Maharashtra, do I still have to include IND with Mumbai for place of birth? I'm asking this because when I asked BLS call centre about this, they always say mention Place of Birth exactly as per Canadian Passport.

Also for the profession letter, I'm reluctant to ask my employer for a letter for OCI. So instead I'm planning to write a cover letter myself with all the employer information. Would a self written cover letter also be fine? Has anyone received their OCI with a self written cover letter for profession?
I hope you know there is a search button on this forum
This was discussed earlier https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10337212

Regarding your other query I don’t have answer