+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

wink

May 25, 2021
Sorry to hear this, with all the pitching by BLS for using Purolator, they must be held responsible for this loss! Try reaching out via phone or directly walk-in to the center and blast them. They should be able to issue a new OCI card, in your case ask them to process it without any cost as it is their mistake.
Thank you. I tried multiple times but could not get them on the phone. Sent an email, if no response then will stop by their local office. Thanks.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

Does anybody knows what documents we need to upload For OCI on website ? There are various documents mentioned such as employment letter, current passport, India origin proof, Indian visa, marriage certificate, PIO card, relationship certificate, spouse OCI card ....

I find this bit conufusing as some of the documents have not been mentioned on BLS checklist For OCI.
Hey bud, did you ever get a response to this question? I'm wondering what documents we now need, so please let me know if you have an understanding as to what docs are needed from that list.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hello All,
I am filling OCI registration form (Fresh OCI Application). I got recently married and I show that I am Married in my OCI application. After filling out the form there is section to Upload mandatory documents and that is where all the confusion starts. They are asking bunch of documents which doesn't make sense to me.

1. CURRENT PASSPORT
  2. EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
  3. INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF
  4. INDIAN VISA
  5. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
  6. PIO CARD
  7. RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE
  8. SPOUSE OCI CARD
I can Provide number 1,2,3 (BirthCertificate /Old Passport), 5 but how am I suppose to provide 4,6,7,8 ? As my Spouse is still India citizen and she doesn't have OCI, in number 5 I am already providing Marriage certificate then what can be consider as Relationship Certificate? What can be PIO card? Can some one please help me ASAP?
Hey buddy! Did you submit your OCI application and were you able to figure out what documents from the above you had to upload? I'm not sure about Relationship certificate too.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the info. If I am booking an appointment, do I need to book separately for my wife and kid as well? Also, for surrendering passport, do all applicants including minors need to be there at BLS?
Yes for each member of the family separate appointments are required to be booked. Minors are not required to be present (but bringing them will be benefical incase BLS asks for new pictures to be taken there) but there appointment needs to be booked

Reactions: velayudhambio

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Purolator lost my son's OCI card. They say they are not able to trace it and closing the case. And asking us to reach out to BLS.

Anyone had faced this kind of situation and how to proceed from here? Could not get BLS people on the phone as well. Do we need to file police complaint? Do we need to get any specific report from purolator? I hope it is possible to get a new OCI card. Thanks.
Report this to CGI through email mentioned in this link: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/consulate-officials/
They need to provide you the new OCI period.

Last edited:
Reactions: wink

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Ottawa application
Submitted to BLS Nov 18 (postal)
They entered in to their system Nov 23
BLS Ack Dec 12 (processing at HCI) (had to make 2-3 calls and submit a form on their website)
no status update on bls yet, any idea when it will be delivered?

Thanks,

Applicant Name
File Reference NumberCANOXXXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment14-DEC-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- NumberXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn09-JAN-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn10-JAN-2023
Document received AtOTTAWAOn16-JAN-2023
Any progress for you? Mine are the same dates as yours. I just checked bls tracking and it has a new row stating Last Scan Date with todays date. This row did not exist before. But the date is of today and status is still the same.

Last Scan Date2023-01-17
Application StatusProcessing at High Commission
Processing at High Commission

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Any progress for you? Mine are the same dates as yours. I just checked bls tracking and it has a new row stating Last Scan Date with todays date. This row did not exist before. But the date is of today and status is still the same.

Last Scan Date2023-01-17
Application StatusProcessing at High Commission
Processing at High Commission
You need to look at the status on OCI website
https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Oh yeah abbas as i said my status is same as the post above on oci website.

I was just asking the other person if he has any further update from BLS as his date of receiving at ottawa and mine are the same.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Oh yeah abbas as i said my status is same as the post above on oci website.

Give it a few days it should be on the way to you by courier..
Did you check using the application# as a tracking reference on purolator ?

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Give it a few days it should be on the way to you by courier..
Did you check using the application# as a tracking reference on purolator ?
I have to pick up. Didnt opt for courier. :)