Date Of Acknowledgment 05-DEC-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) 30-DEC-2022
Document received At TORONTO 31-DEC-2022
Received oci via purolator- 06-January-2023

pallyp

Jan 7, 2023
Question abt OCI application for minor - Should I have my teenage child sign the Declaration portion on the application?
Parent has signed the bottom portion.
Also, who should self attest the copies of passport etc - parent or child?
I would like to know how did this process go for you in regards to signing for a minor. I have a 10 year old and I'm confused.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I would like to know how did this process go for you in regards to signing for a minor. I have a 10 year old and I'm confused.
The signature on the main application form (the one which has to be uploaded along with the photograph) should be done by the minor(at least 5 years or older). They can just write the name as simple as that.
On the Declaration page we end reread the information as required for the minor and kept the signature part blank. The BLS person at the counter asked the minor to sign that.
The self attested documents we as parents signed on most of the documents. But the BLS person did not make fuss if a page or 2 of the attached supporting documents was not signed

Last edited:
Reactions: pallyp

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi guys, I am applying for OCI for Self, the documents to be uploaded on the OCI website looks like only three -
1. old indian passport pages
2. new canadian passport pages
3. employment letter written by myself (i think its optional too).

is this correct?
Combine the following pdf:
-Old Indian passport (first and last page)and surrender certificate
-Canadian Passport (first page) and citizenship certificate(front and back)

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
I have provided US birth certificate apostille, no issues with that. What documents you have provided for your child's status in Canada?
Is "Application status in Canada must be older than 6 months" this reason also given to you?
My child is 5 yrs old. So we were just asked for the apostilled birth certificate. For child's status in Canada - we submitted his Canadian passport

Can you please share how did you get the birth certificate apostilled? What is the process?

pallyp

Jan 7, 2023
Question abt OCI application for minor - Should I have my teenage child sign the Declaration portion on the application?
Parent has signed the bottom portion.
Also, who should self attest the copies of passport etc - parent or child?
The signature on the main application form (the one which has to be uploaded along with the photograph) should be done by three minor. They can just write the name as simple as that.
On the Declaration page we end reread the information as required for the minor and kept the signature part blank. The BLS person at the counter asked the minor to sign that.
The self attested documents we as parents signed on most of the documents. But the BLS person did not make fuss if a page or 2 of the attached supporting documents was not signed
Thank you very much

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
My child is 5 yrs old. So we were just asked for the apostilled birth certificate. For child's status in Canada - we submitted his Canadian passport

Can you please share how did you get the birth certificate apostilled? What is the process?
This is bit surprised, Apostille certificate is needed when applicant holds foreign passport and in your case, your son is Canadian citizen.

I have applied Apostille via online website of New Jersey state (https://www.njportal.com/dor/apostille) before coming to Canada from US.
This process might vary state to state.

I have found below discussion helpful in this process:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-application-for-us-citizen-child-need-birth-certificate-endorsement.730467/page-2

nav586

Jun 10, 2019
Quick ques. regarding OCI application. I am in Vancouver and if I applied for application in person in BLS , is the application fee and other charges can be accept by debit or it needs to be draft .Please advise

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Quick ques. regarding OCI application. I am in Vancouver and if I applied for application in person in BLS , is the application fee and other charges can be accept by debit or it needs to be draft .Please advise
Draft for $345 is to be made in the name of CGI Vancouver (see the checklist on BLS website) and rest of the payment needs to be paid to BLS either by cash or debit if you are applying in person

Reactions: nav586

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has BLS Brampton/ Toronto started accepting walk-ins without appointment? I don't see that instruction anymore which mentioned that only appointments are acceptable.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
I went to BLS Brampton to apply for OCI for family (2 Adults and 1 Minor) on 7Jan2023 and sharing my experience about BLS minting money for photos to be taken from them.
  • I booked three separate appointments at 9.30AM for same day (7Jan2023). BLS may open appointment at morning for same day. We drove to Brampton.
  • Its was not crowded and we were at counter within 10 minutes of arrival. Guard checked all three appointments.
  • The gentle lady at counter insisted to get new photo from them. She insisted that BLS is giving photos with stamps and dated and my photos are not stamped/dated and CGI will reject my OCI application. I mentioned that I've same photos as I have in Canadian Passport 8 weeks ago and used same photo for surrender certificate 4 weeks ago but she want me to sign an undertaking that BLS is not responsible for application rejection due to photo issues.
  • I didn't budge even their continuous threat of application rejection.
  • This is first time, I heard that BLS employee is saying that CGI want her to get stamped/dated photos (which they've pasted anyway and stamped can't be seen)
  • When I argued that, as per HCI Ottawa photo specifications, it is not required to have dated/stamped photo, she went on to speak with her so called supervisor, who was equally arrogant. I also went on a spoke with her supervisor and asked what are the issues with photos. Without looking at photos, she kind of threatened, you will not be allowed to enter in India on this visa photo. You will have photo mis-match. I mentioned, kindly look at our faces and photos, we are applying in person. She was of help and I had no choice then to leave her counter and back in another counter for application submission line.
  • I asked what you want me to write in clarification letter, but they were of no help again. I wrote my own letter clarifying that attached photos are taken by professional photographer in last 2 months etc.
  • I requested to not have add-on services, still gentle lady charged $18 for notifications
  • I had all three separate bank drafts with all required documents in ordered and pinned. It would have been barely 6 minute job which took us 35 minutes due to their stress on getting photos from them
  • God save our country from our own countryman and hopefully one of last time I visit BLS.

Reactions: softwaretesting

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to BLS Brampton to apply for OCI for family (2 Adults and 1 Minor) on 7Jan2023 and sharing my experience about BLS minting money for photos to be taken from them.
  • I booked three separate appointments at 9.30AM for same day (7Jan2023). BLS may open appointment at morning for same day. We drove to Brampton.
  • Its was not crowded and we were at counter within 10 minutes of arrival. Guard checked all three appointments.
  • The gentle lady at counter insisted to get new photo from them. She insisted that BLS is giving photos with stamps and dated and my photos are not stamped/dated and CGI will reject my OCI application. I mentioned that I've same photos as I have in Canadian Passport 8 weeks ago and used same photo for surrender certificate 4 weeks ago but she want me to sign an undertaking that BLS is not responsible for application rejection due to photo issues.
  • I didn't budge even their continuous threat of application rejection.
  • This is first time, I heard that BLS employee is saying that CGI want her to get stamped/dated photos (which they've pasted anyway and stamped can't be seen)
  • When I argued that, as per HCI Ottawa photo specifications, it is not required to have dated/stamped photo, she went on to speak with her so called supervisor, who was equally arrogant. I also went on a spoke with her supervisor and asked what are the issues with photos. Without looking at photos, she kind of threatened, you will not be allowed to enter in India on this visa photo. You will have photo mis-match. I mentioned, kindly look at our faces and photos, we are applying in person. She was of help and I had no choice then to leave her counter and back in another counter for application submission line.
  • I asked what you want me to write in clarification letter, but they were of no help again. I wrote my own letter clarifying that attached photos are taken by professional photographer in last 2 months etc.
  • I requested to not have add-on services, still gentle lady charged $18 for notifications
  • I had all three separate bank drafts with all required documents in ordered and pinned. It would have been barely 6 minute job which took us 35 minutes due to their stress on getting photos from them
  • God save our country from our own countryman and hopefully one of last time I visit BLS.
Have they kept your Indian passport & charged for 2 Purolator drop offs - one for original documents & second for OCI?

They created issue for my spouse's photo as well & wanted us to sign declaration; even when photo was exactly as per guidelines & used earlier for surrender certificate.