+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
My spouse and I received our OCIs this morning through Purolator so I thought the process is over but I was wrong :(
After inspecting, we found that My spouse's OCI lamination is peeling off from the bottom on the photo page. They didn't do a proper job of laminating it. To avoid any issues in future, I immediately raised this issue on CGI Toronto's Sampark portal and sent them an email too in order to correct it. Waiting for their response.

Please inspect your OCI booklet as you receive for information mismatch or any physical damages as it is a life long document.
We visited CGI Toronto yesterday and they fixed the OCI lamination within 15 minutes.

Reactions: akglad and yaml

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
How did you provide the birth certificate for US born child. We were sent back asking to get the US birth certificate apostilled. Did you get that done as well?
I have provided US birth certificate apostille, no issues with that. What documents you have provided for your child's status in Canada?
Is "Application status in Canada must be older than 6 months" this reason also given to you?

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
How did you get hold of their email address?
CGI Toronto consulate officials' emails can be found here:
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/consulate-officials/

They have Open House every Wednesdays from 3-4:30PM.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/open-house/

Anyone can register for the Open House using the links below:
https://forms.gle/eGkYHWz7msKZagsz8

The concerns/complaints can also be raised using their Sampark portal:
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/

I used all of the above channels and received prompt responses.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I sent my OCI application by mail and it got delivered yesterday. When I am trying to view the status in BLS and OCI services it says no record found.
How much time does it take to start showing in the OCI/BLS tracker?

Last edited:

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
I sent my OCI application by mail and it got delivered yesterday. When I am trying to view the status in BLS and OCI services it says no record found.
BLS - takes a week or so for postal application, I think.

Once BLS acknowledges it as Under Process / Processing at consulate - it takes 3 to 4 weeks for the status update in the OCI website. Till that time, OCI website status will show"no records found". After that period, the status in OCI website will change to "Under Process" which will be the case for another 3 to 4 weeks till the OCI is granted. From which point it will be another week or so for BLS to get it and for you to receive it via purolator.

All this is based on my experience / current timelines / other posts in the forum and might differ from case to case,

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
My OCI application (for my minor child) reached Brampton BLS on Tuesday Jan 3rd, got an email from them on Jan 4th with delivery confirmation. Yesterday Jan 5th, I was able to check the status by providing the passport number and it said “Under Processing”, today the status has changed to “Processing at Consulate General”

owenhargo

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
Walk-in application at BLS Brampton10-NOV-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment30-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn23-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )27-DEC-2022
Document received AtTORONTO27-DEC-2022

BLS Status changed to " Counter to BLS deliver" on December 29th ,2022
BLS status changed to " Passport ready for collection " on December 30th
Picked up my OCI today Janurary 3rd
Where do you check the status in BLS? My time line is "Document received at Toronto - 04 Jan 2023". But when I check the status on BLS site it shows "
Original documents Dispatched via courier". This is the status of my Indian passport returned.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where do you check the status in BLS? My time line is "Document received at Toronto - 04 Jan 2023". But when I check the status on BLS site it shows "
Original documents Dispatched via courier". This is the status of my Indian passport returned.
Start checking directly on Purolator website using reference number starting with CANT#####. We got OCI for my spouse on 4-Jan, & status on BLS website is still not correct.

Reactions: owenhargo

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
My experience OCI
Went to BLS toronto 7am- 20 people standing in for walk in, highly frustrated returned home.
Around 8.30am kept trying BLS website for next week appointment- Got on slot for same day 9.50 am under visa section.
They let me in at around 9.40 BLS toronto.
Checked all documents ( already verified by consulate personal at consulate camp- signed application approved and just pending SC )
They lady checking my doc came up with new requirement and I was ready
a) My landing document
b) My wife's landing document ( I even had my son's landing document)
c) My wife's PR card ( dont know why? - I had in my phone)
d) She dint need my employment letter.
e) started to say something about my photo - I told her the consulate person approved it.
f) Told me I dint upload my marriage certificate online( It specially says its not necessary for my file type- the consulate person also dint ask me to), however she asked me to upload it once i am home.
Finally she accepted my application.......
Any one applying in person please have every possible document with you- at least carry them in your phone.
1. employment letter
2.Landing document for yourself and spouse if applicable
3.Citizenship certificate.
4.PR card copy of spouse
5.address proof
6. both passport
7.SC

After everything charged me 345 in bank draft- 101cad for courier and passport cover photocopy bla bla
Courier 60 $= 30 to send my original Indian passport cancelled + 30 for my OCI booklet when arrives.
I dint argue but one can decline the courier and save money and please dont accept the garbage bag they sell you ( passport cover).
Hope someone find this information helpful.
@dineshrehab : Do you know if BLS toronto allows taking a small backpack inside? Or do they only allow the folder with papers like most embassies do?

theguyraghav

Jul 19, 2017
Hi guys, I am applying for OCI for Self, the documents to be uploaded on the OCI website looks like only three -
1. old indian passport pages
2. new canadian passport pages
3. employment letter written by myself (i think its optional too).

is this correct?