This is my timeline. Postal Application: Date of Delivery to BLS November 15th,
Date of Acknowledgement: Nov 19th 2022

Date Of Acknowledgment09-DEC-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn04-JAN-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn04-JAN-2023
What are the documents you need to send when sending a postal application?

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
What are the documents you need to send when sending a postal application?
I sent all attested copies (print your name, date, and sign) as per the checklist in the BLS site. Online form, copies of citizenship certificate, canadian passport, surrender certificate, indian passport, proof of employment, driver's license copy, photo. I booked pickup and drop off, so Purolator picked it up.

Reactions: RJP0191

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Me & My Spouse are PR Holder, in Dec-end I have submitted my US Born Kid (4 months old) OCI application and today received an email, which says
"Application form Errors" and they are sending back application because of below reasons:
1. Copy of current valid status in Canada required (PR/Work Permit/Study Permit)
- I have already provided his Visitor record with 1 yr validity (Provided by Immigration officer at US-Canada Land border)
- Spoke with BLS cust care, as per him Visitor record is not a valid status but I can provide his PR AoR letter

2. Application status in Canada must be older than 6 months
- My son came to Canada in Dec-2022, I don’t see such requirements mentioned anywhere on BLS website or Consulate website.
- Spoke with cust care, as per him this information is not available on website but it is mandatory for non-Canadian citizen applying for OCI should wait for 6 months once land in Canada.

2nd point is really surprised me, If I know this before hand through checklist or BLS website I might not applied for OCI. Just taking money. I have wasted my pick up & drop off fees.

Please let me know if anyone has similar experience or any advice how should I proceed?
Expert Members, could you please provide your input on my query?

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
I originally submitted OCI for me, wife and kid on 16 Dec 2022. But BLS returned the application with comments on 22 Dec 2022. I made the changes are resent the application on 22 Dec 2022. BLS received it Dec 23. They updated to "under processing at Consulate" on Dec 27 or 28 - can't remember.

Question: I have flights booked to Delhi on 02 March. In case the OCI doesn't come by then, can we land with Cancelled passports/surrender certificate? Is there a mechanism to allow entry into India? Visa on arrival? Grant? Exemption? Does anyone know if such a situation where a person was allowed entry into India without OCI (or e-visa) while the OCI is in progress?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I originally submitted OCI for me, wife and kid on 16 Dec 2022. But BLS returned the application with comments on 22 Dec 2022. I made the changes are resent the application on 22 Dec 2022. BLS received it Dec 23. They updated to "under processing at Consulate" on Dec 27 or 28 - can't remember.

Question: I have flights booked to Delhi on 02 March. In case the OCI doesn't come by then, can we land with Cancelled passports/surrender certificate? Is there a mechanism to allow entry into India? Visa on arrival? Grant? Exemption? Does anyone know if such a situation where a person was allowed entry into India without OCI (or e-visa) while the OCI is in progress?
You can apply now for e-Visa: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/news_letter_detail/?id=122

RJP0191

Feb 6, 2020
I sent all attested copies (print your name, date, and sign) as per the checklist in the BLS site. Online form, copies of citizenship certificate, canadian passport, surrender certificate, indian passport, proof of employment, driver's license copy, photo. I booked pickup and drop off, so Purolator picked it up.
Thank you for sharing that

Reactions: SPV

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi All, just to confirm - if I have 4 OCI applications - for self, spouse and two kids - then can I create one Demand Draft with amount CAD 345*4 ? Or do I need 4 separate DDs for CAD 345 each?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
A question - if the status in the OCI portal shows under process - are there any chances of rejection - citing incorrect photo / incorrect documentation etc.? Anyone in this forum with that experience.

Last edited:

san_canada

Jan 3, 2023
Need help !!

I am preparing OCI application in Canada. I have two questions regarding postal code in Online OCI application.

1. I typed my postal code in both "Present Address" and "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code". When I printed OCI application, postel code is printed twice in OCI application in section "21. Present Address". Is it OK? Will my address be printed in OCI booklet with postal code?

2. If I don't mention postal code in "Present Address" and mention postal code only in "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code", postal code is printed only once in OCI application in section "21. Present Address". Using this approach, will my address be printed in OCI booklet with postal code?

Please help to answer which option (#1 or #2) should I go?

Please help to reply my query. It is kind of urgent. Thanks in advance.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Submitted OCI application on Dec 14. I see the following on bls tracking today in additional information:

"Resubmitted to cgi on Dec 29th"

Not sure if its going to cause a delay in processing. We werent even notified of anything such.

akglad

Dec 31, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2021
AOR Received.
06-01-2022
File Transfer...
13-01-2022
Med's Request
17-01-2022
Med's Done....
8-02-2022
Hello folks, there is a little problem in my Online OCI application that is now submitted, the email is filled in small letters instead of BLOCK letters.
Will this be a problem? Is there a possibility of them sending the application back to me?
Better option is I want to discard this application and refill it. But how to discard/withdraw the current online application that is already submitted?
Really don't know what to do next.

Looking for guidance on how to correct or resubmit the online OCI application..

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Me & My Spouse are PR Holder, in Dec-end I have submitted my US Born Kid (4 months old) OCI application and today received an email, which says
"Application form Errors" and they are sending back application because of below reasons:
1. Copy of current valid status in Canada required (PR/Work Permit/Study Permit)
- I have already provided his Visitor record with 1 yr validity (Provided by Immigration officer at US-Canada Land border)
- Spoke with BLS cust care, as per him Visitor record is not a valid status but I can provide his PR AoR letter

2. Application status in Canada must be older than 6 months
- My son came to Canada in Dec-2022, I don’t see such requirements mentioned anywhere on BLS website or Consulate website.
- Spoke with cust care, as per him this information is not available on website but it is mandatory for non-Canadian citizen applying for OCI should wait for 6 months once land in Canada.

2nd point is really surprised me, If I know this before hand through checklist or BLS website I might not applied for OCI. Just taking money. I have wasted my pick up & drop off fees.

Please let me know if anyone has similar experience or any advice how should I proceed?
How did you provide the birth certificate for US born child. We were sent back asking to get the US birth certificate apostilled. Did you get that done as well?