+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

tangott10

Jan 3, 2023
For my son, till last week it was no records found at OCI. This morning the status was under process on OCI (BLS is still at underprocess). So I would hazard a guess that your application would also show up on OCI status portal in couple of datys.
I just checked on OCI, I can see under process

Reactions: shekhar78

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Me & My Spouse are PR Holder, in Dec-end I have submitted my US Born Kid (4 months old) OCI application and today received an email, which says
"Application form Errors" and they are sending back application because of below reasons:
1. Copy of current valid status in Canada required (PR/Work Permit/Study Permit)
- I have already provided his Visitor record with 1 yr validity (Provided by Immigration officer at US-Canada Land border)
- Spoke with BLS cust care, as per him Visitor record is not a valid status but I can provide his PR AoR letter

2. Application status in Canada must be older than 6 months
- My son came to Canada in Dec-2022, I don’t see such requirements mentioned anywhere on BLS website or Consulate website.
- Spoke with cust care, as per him this information is not available on website but it is mandatory for non-Canadian citizen applying for OCI should wait for 6 months once land in Canada.

2nd point is really surprised me, If I know this before hand through checklist or BLS website I might not applied for OCI. Just taking money. I have wasted my pick up & drop off fees.

Please let me know if anyone has similar experience or any advice how should I proceed?

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
Anyone having this issue? Whenever I try to enquire status of OCI using https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury and enter my passport and application number, it changes the passport number as I hit enter on the track button... some 8CQ number and I get wrong data error. I've tried different browsers, incognito move and even a whole other PC. Getting same issue everywhere.

Anyone else experience this? Anywhere else I can track my OCI application? the BLS Tracker has just been saying "Processing at Consulate General" for a few weeks now.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Anyone having this issue? Whenever I try to enquire status of OCI using https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury and enter my passport and application number, it changes the passport number as I hit enter on the track button... some 8CQ number and I get wrong data error. I've tried different browsers, incognito move and even a whole other PC. Getting same issue everywhere.

Anyone else experience this? Anywhere else I can track my OCI application? the BLS Tracker has just been saying "Processing at Consulate General" for a few weeks now.
I have the same issue. After that, the system says record not found.
I only submitted the OCI on 28 Dec 2022(in person at BLS Brampton) so it will take a few more days for the updates to show on the OCI site.
On the BLS site it says Processing at Consulate General

Reactions: djrobinn

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017

Yeah it’s a form of encryption I suppose- it does yield the right results however.

Anakh

Nov 5, 2022
Walk-in application at BLS Brampton10-NOV-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment30-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn23-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )27-DEC-2022
Document received AtTORONTO27-DEC-2022

BLS Status changed to " Counter to BLS deliver" on December 29th ,2022
BLS status changed to " Passport ready for collection " on December 30th
Picked up my OCI today Janurary 3rd

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
I have the same issue. After that, the system says record not found.
I only submitted the OCI on 28 Dec 2022(in person at BLS Brampton) so it will take a few more days for the updates to show on the OCI site.
On the BLS site it says Processing at Consulate General
Great, so you and I are in the same boat. I applied by mail and got "received" confirmation from BLS on Dec 15
Yeah it’s a form of encryption I suppose- it does yield the right results however.
So many weird things during this experience... Will be glad when it's over.

san_canada

Jan 3, 2023
Need help !!

I am preparing OCI application in Canada. I have two questions regarding postal code in Online OCI application.

1. I typed my postal code in both "Present Address" and "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code". When I printed OCI application, postel code is printed twice in OCI application in section "21. Present Address". Is it OK? Will my address be printed in OCI booklet with postal code?

2. If I don't mention postal code in "Present Address" and mention postal code only in "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code", postal code is printed only once in OCI application in section "21. Present Address". Using this approach, will my address be printed in OCI booklet with postal code?

Please help to answer which option (#1 or #2) should I go?

Last edited:

AC333

Dec 26, 2022
Go to - Reprint Appointment Letter - Use Passport# to Generate/Print current appointment letter(which will have the appointment#) and then Go to Cancel Appointment
The appointment # is listed under “reference #” right? Because if it is, then I get an error message saying “please enter the correct appointment details for applied country.”

Please advise on what to do next.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
The appointment # is listed under “reference #” right? Because if it is, then I get an error message saying “please enter the correct appointment details for applied country.”

Try typing in manually and not copy paste. I can retrieve the details for an appointment I booked for a friend and it's working ( using passport & ref number )

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Yes that's right Reference# is the Appointment#
Maybe it could be that this appointment has already been cancelled ?

Last edited: