+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ok do I need to notarize this document?

When signing my OCI application i should use the new signature or the old one? Anybody you know who did this?
Better to get it notarized even if you self declare take both passport to notary public for verification they take copy if there is inquiry. I had to get same person affidavit for name difference (no middle name in Canadian passport) my application was returned the first time for that reason asking for notarized affidavit so play safe and get it notarized.

g99

May 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi experts,
my application was returned twice (post-application).
1st time - Wrong place of birth ( my mistake, somehow the application picked up India, Canada)
2nd time - Both demand drafts were under the name of BLS instead of the Consulate General of India again my mistake. However, I don't know why they didn't mention this the first time as I send the same draft then. I lost $74 twice.

Now I don't want to take a risk, and I have a doubt.
My place of birth in my Canadian passport is City, Country and in my Indian passport is City, State. Do I need an affidavit and notary for this issue, kindly let me know. Also, my trip to India is on Jan 26, is it too close? should I apply for a visitor or tourist visa? can I apply for both OCI and Visa together if I walk in?

Any type of help on this is highly appreciated.

thanks
Hi,
I am in same situation. Birthplace is different city in Indian and Canada Passport. If you figure out an answer please let me know. It would be helpful

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Yes, exactly 3 weeks.
Yes that’s what I observed too with mine and a few others (I just received my OCI yesterday) actually this forum helped to calm my nerves as I wasn’t aware of timelines before this and the observation in this forum helped me determine if I was too close to my travel date or I had enough time. So thank you everyone for their valuable inputs and help.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Yes that’s what I observed too with mine and a few others (I just received my OCI yesterday) actually this forum helped to calm my nerves as I wasn’t aware of timelines before this and the observation in this forum helped me determine if I was too close to my travel date or I had enough time. So thank you everyone for their valuable inputs and help.
I would 100% agree with you, this forum is super helpful. On another note- how many days after your status changed to processing did you receive your OCI? Was it via courier or did you pick it up?

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Anyone who recently picked up their OCI from Brampton BLS? We are waiting for my son's OCI and wanted to figure out beforehand if I need an appointment for pickup as well or is it walk in for pickup? Also, if we need appointment booking, is it through the same link?

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I would 100% agree with you, this forum is super helpful. On another note- how many days after your status changed to processing did you receive your OCI? Was it via courier or did you pick it up?
Exactly 1 week after thru purolator and by the way paid for drop off only after seeing status “documents received at Toronto”
So my timeline
DOA 8 Nov
Processed 29 Nov
Dispatched from MEA 30 Nov
Received at Toronto 30 Nov
Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping 1 Dec
Passport ready for collection after OCI stamping 2 Dec (though I paid for drop off)
But on Monday 5 th Dec they added purolator tracking number in additional comments
Tuesday 6 Dec OCI delivered by purolator in the afternoon
( Purolator closed on weekend)

Reactions: eager

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
My application is processed and dispatched on to Toronto on Nov 29th as per CGI tracking but BLS status is still showing "In Transit to BLS"

How many days usually takes to update the Purolator waybill number ?

CGI Status:
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn29-NOV-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn29-NOV-2022

BLS Status:

Application StatusIn Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

Anyone pls share the BLS customer service number. I tried the 6134169877 but it always get disconnected.

Reactions: charliep40

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

I submitted my New born's OCI application as Walkin at the Toronto BLS office on 29th Nov. I tracked using the application ref within the BLS tracking system and the status is still stuck at Processing at Consulate General. We have our travel date on the 20th of Jan 2023 so having concerns. Am I tracking in the right link or is there any other place that can provide me with a precise point of the process? Kindly guide me.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I submitted my New born's OCI application as Walkin at the Toronto BLS office on 29th Nov. I tracked using the application ref within the BLS tracking system and the status is still stuck at Processing at Consulate General. We have our travel date on the 20th of Jan 2023 so having concerns. Am I tracking in the right link or is there any other place that can provide me with a precise point of the process? Kindly guide me.
I think you can start checking on OCI status tracker after 15-Dec:

https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Reactions: Vimalan

Candidpnp

Jul 4, 2017
Better to get it notarized even if you self declare take both passport to notary public for verification they take copy if there is inquiry. I had to get same person affidavit for name difference (no middle name in Canadian passport) my application was returned the first time for that reason asking for notarized affidavit so play safe and get it notarized.
Only self declaration is necessary. Include a column showcasing existing signature ( current passport) and old signature (expired Indian passport) . There is no requirement to notarize this, however you can choose to do so if you want to. From a documentation standpoint, a self declaration will suffice.

Candidpnp

Jul 4, 2017
Apologies, I was only referring to signature change and not name change in document. Name change may have different requirements.

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi All,
How long after receiving Canadian citizenship, we have to apply for OCI? Is there any due period?
Also, can we travel to India with OCI?

Please advice, Thanks!

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi All,
How long after receiving Canadian citizenship, we have to apply for OCI? Is there any due period?
Also, can we travel to India with OCI?

Please advice, Thanks!
OCI is not mandatory. You can also use Visa to travel to India.
Applying for OCI is your choice and you can do it immediately or after 1 year or may be 10 or never at all.

For OCI and VISA you need to surrende the indian passport and also have Canadian passport and fill the relevant applications.

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
OCI is not mandatory. You can also use Visa to travel to India.
Applying for OCI is your choice and you can do it immediately or after 1 year or may be 10 or never at all.

For OCI and VISA you need to surrende the indian passport and also have Canadian passport and fill the relevant applications.
Thanks for your response.
On emergency travel, Will the visa issued on arrival at Indian Airport?