+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

a41g

Jun 28, 2016
Never mind everyone. The status got updated to "Original Documents Ready for Dispatch" just now. So, hopefully I get those back by Friday this week.
I was in same situation. I have flight to catch tomorrow Dec 7th 2022 and today is Dec 6th and my OCI is with purolator now.

In my situation; We paid for return postage but BLS told that I need to pay postage again(3 days before) so make sure you have paid everything correctly by calling them and confirming with email: "brampton.p AT blsinternational DOT net" just to 100% sure.

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
I was in same situation. I have flight to catch tomorrow Dec 7th 2022 and today is Dec 6th and my OCI is with purolator now.

In my situation; We paid for return postage but BLS told that I need to pay postage again(3 days before) so make sure you have paid everything correctly by calling them and confirming with email: "brampton.p AT blsinternational DOT net" just to 100% sure.
this is helpful. thank you. I will check with them. We had paid for 3 envelopes - 1 to send application, 1 for return of originals, and 1 for OCI delivery.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi everyone, our OCI was processed today (family of three including a minor). Here are the timelines:
Date of Acknowledgement - Nov 15

Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn06-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Reactions: charliep40

reCan

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Hi experts,
my application was returned twice (post-application).
1st time - Wrong place of birth ( my mistake, somehow the application picked up India, Canada)
2nd time - Both demand drafts were under the name of BLS instead of the Consulate General of India again my mistake. However, I don't know why they didn't mention this the first time as I send the same draft then. I lost $74 twice.

Now I don't want to take a risk, and I have a doubt.
My place of birth in my Canadian passport is City, Country and in my Indian passport is City, State. Do I need an affidavit and notary for this issue, kindly let me know. Also, my trip to India is on Jan 26, is it too close? should I apply for a visitor or tourist visa? can I apply for both OCI and Visa together if I walk in?

Any type of help on this is highly appreciated.

thanks
Did you get a response for this, mainly the birth place issue. In my view it should not be a big deal as different countries represent in different way. If the city is same in both passports, think it should be fine.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has different signatures when applying for OCI. For e.g. when i got my Indian passport almost 9 years ago my signature used to be my full name. But ever since I have been in Canada I have been using just my first name to sign and my canadian passport name signature just consists of the first name.

To put in simple terms my Indian passport signature(full name) and Canadian passport signature (first name) are not same.

Will it create an issue when applying for OCI. Looking for some replies as my appointment is on Thursday.

Candidpnp

Jul 4, 2017
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has different signatures when applying for OCI. For e.g. when i got my Indian passport almost 9 years ago my signature used to be my full name. But ever since I have been in Canada I have been using just my first name to sign and my canadian passport name signature just consists of the first name.

To put in simple terms my Indian passport signature(full name) and Canadian passport signature (first name) are not same.

Will it create an issue when applying for OCI. Looking for some replies as my appointment is on Thursday.
Just submit a letter declaring the signature changes in both documents and self declare you are one and the same person.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Just submit a letter declaring the signature changes in both documents and self declare you are one and the same person.
Ok do I need to notarize this document?

When signing my OCI application i should use the new signature or the old one? Anybody you know who did this?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Finally, my journey to get all the Travel Documents ended today with the delivery of OCI this afternoon.

I am very thankful to all the people in this forum for sharing their experiences and answering my queries.
Congrats..

Hey how did you upload documents for minor application. Do the documents need to be self attested? If so, can Parents self attest instead of the child ?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Hi everyone, our OCI was processed today (family of three including a minor). Here are the timelines:

OCI- Number
Hi

Have a question about online documents upload for minor. Can you help ...did you self attest the documents for minor and how?

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi

Have a question about online documents upload for minor. Can you help ...did you self attest the documents for minor and how?
I did not self attest any minor documents. But if you still would like to, you can sign and write self attested. Both the parents need to sign a minor declaration which is on the checklist. Hope this helps.

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019

OCI- Number
So basically it is taking exactly 3 weeks for status to change to processed from DOA