+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Does anyone know if we have to send copy of our old password which was expired few years ago ? I renewed after that and have valid passport? Any reply please

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Does anyone know if we have to send copy of our old password which was expired few years ago ? I renewed after that and have valid passport? Any reply please
Nope, you do not need to send an old expired passport. However, if you have any valid visa in it, you will need to send a copy of the valid visa.
Hope this helps.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Nope, you do not need to send an old expired passport. However, if you have any valid visa in it, you will need to send a copy of the valid visa.
Hope this helps.
Sounds good. Thank you. I have US visa . Should i send copy of US visa ?

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Package now shows picked up by Purolator as of this evening. I hope you were able to sort out your courier option.
Same here Tracking # was input in the comments on BLS tracker and checked Purolator shows picked up at 2:46 PM Missisauga so Tomorrow we should receive it.

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
This from the https://ociservices.gov.in/

Foreign nationals cannot apply for OCI in India while on Tourist Visa, Missionary Visa and Mountaineering Visa. Moreover, the foreigner has to be ordinarily resident of India to be eligible to apply for OCI registration in India.
Note: 'ordinarily resident' will mean a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continuous period of 6 months.
Hi, I read on the above mentioned OCI website that a person has to be ordinarily resident of India in order to apply for OCI, which is meant as a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continous period of 6 months. I left Canada in Aug 2022 and returned back in November 2022. My oath is expected soon. So do I have to wait and stay for 6 months in Canada in order to apply for OCI?

I'm worried about this rule. Please advise anyone.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi folks, I'm working on surrender application form. In the checklist, for copy of passport, it has this. What are these endorsements? Are those valid visas?

If there are any endorsements on the page, kindly enclose copy of those pages as well

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi, I read on the above mentioned OCI website that a person has to be ordinarily resident of India in order to apply for OCI, which is meant as a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continous period of 6 months. I left Canada in Aug 2022 and returned back in November 2022. My oath is expected soon. So do I have to wait and stay for 6 months in Canada in order to apply for OCI?

I'm worried about this rule. Please advise anyone.
Not if you apply like the rest of us from Canada as a Canadian citizen and resident the above question was asked as someone wanted to visit India on a tourist visa and while there apply for OCI but if you are applying from your actual place of residence then the BLS procedures apply. You will need your Canadian passport and surrender certificate for cancelled Indian passport.

Reactions: msatishxp

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Not if you apply like the rest of us from Canada as a Canadian citizen and resident the above question was asked as someone wanted to visit India on a tourist visa and while there apply for OCI but if you are applying from your actual place of residence then the BLS procedures apply. You will need your Canadian passport and surrender certificate for cancelled Indian passport.
Ok thanks! So that means if I go to India on tourist visa and stay there continously for 6 months, then I can apply for OCI from India itself?

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
Hi guys,

Need some help here. Can someone provide BLS toronto contact center number? the ones on the website don't seem to be working.

I had applied for my twin sons' OCI on Oct 31st and ACK date on OCI website is Nov 21, 2022. I had sent their original canadian passports and birth certificates with the application. We have a trip to mexico starting Dec 16th and will obviously need their passports for that trip. However, BLS is yet to return the originals. With the trip in less than 10 days, I am starting to get worried. I was hoping to go in person and collect their originals, if there was an option. But for that I need to speak to someone at BLS.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

dmoney

Nov 14, 2022
Hi guys,

Need some help here. Can someone provide BLS toronto contact center number? the ones on the website don't seem to be working.

I had applied for my twin sons' OCI on Oct 31st and ACK date on OCI website is Nov 21, 2022. I had sent their original canadian passports and birth certificates with the application. We have a trip to mexico starting Dec 16th and will obviously need their passports for that trip. However, BLS is yet to return the originals. With the trip in less than 10 days, I am starting to get worried. I was hoping to go in person and collect their originals, if there was an option. But for that I need to speak to someone at BLS.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.
Never mind everyone. The status got updated to "Original Documents Ready for Dispatch" just now. So, hopefully I get those back by Friday this week.

Reactions: charliep40