+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
It all depends on BLS personal when they get there hands on our booklets now they have to individually address it and put in envelope.

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status got updated to " Counter delivery to BLS After OCI Stamping" I never paid for delivery to home, when can i go for pickup, is there any next status?

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Please help, what should I put "Date of Expiry" on my online application? The date is not listed in drop down and we can select only future date starting from 6 months after..

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
My status got updated to " Counter delivery to BLS After OCI Stamping" I never paid for delivery to home, when can i go for pickup, is there any next status?
Passport “Documents ready for collection” ? Don’t know if they update the status. I am not sure you can check in a day or 2 or if people have gone and collected then they can tell. Mine is a drop off.

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Please help, what should I put "Date of Expiry" on my online application? The date is not listed in drop down and we can select only future date starting from 6 months after..
Date of expiry for what ? Unless it is for Canadian passport if applying for OCI

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Processing is complete in exactly 3 weeks from the Date of Acknowledgement

Got another update on the OCI website - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Date Of Acknowledgment09-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-NOV-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn30-NOV-2022

Yipee, now just waiting for BLS to dispatch it soon, as of now no further change in BLS Tracker, still showing 'Processing at Consulate General'

Today BLS status also updated to 'Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping '

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
We have similar timelines.

I sent it first on Nov 1st, delivered 2nd. I didnt check the status at all but it was returned on Nov 9th. I sent it again on Nov 11th, delivered on 14th. BLS tracker says date of application on Nov 19th and status is Processing in consulate. Will you let me know if you see any movement or see OCI status please?
Status on the Indian Consulate OCI page gets updated approx.2-3 weeks after BLS is sending the OCI application to the Indian Consulate.
And another 4-5 weeks to process the OCI

Reactions: SPV

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Hi All, it has been few months since I have posted here, I hope everyone is doing good. Now with a India trip already done on a tourist visa I am in a relaxed state of mind and thinking of applying for the OCI since I dont have any upcoming trips.

While filling up the form I ran into this window where they ask you to upload documents (Online OCI Document Upload) and I see a list of documents as a drop down, some of them are easy to get but some are confusing like Indian origin proof? Indian Visa? PIO Card? Relationship certificate?

My question is are all these mandatory in order to proceed? Also for Indian origin proof cant I just provide the surrender certificate?

Candidpnp

Jul 4, 2017
Hi All, it has been few months since I have posted here, I hope everyone is doing good. Now with a India trip already done on a tourist visa I am in a relaxed state of mind and thinking of applying for the OCI since I dont have any upcoming trips.

While filling up the form I ran into this window where they ask you to upload documents (Online OCI Document Upload) and I see a list of documents as a drop down, some of them are easy to get but some are confusing like Indian origin proof? Indian Visa? PIO Card? Relationship certificate?

My question is are all these mandatory in order to proceed? Also for Indian origin proof cant I just provide the surrender certificate?

1. Only upload documents based on your applicant profile. I.e. single / Married. Ignore if any documentation does not apply to your status declared in application
2. Upload documents for Indian origin : cancelled Indian passport copy (photo page. Cancelled stamp and last page of Indian passport) of applicant.
3. Indian visa : upload the Indian visa copy (tourist visa recently issued to you ) on your Canadian passport recently issued with exit and entry stamp . Include those pages in your documentation ( self attested)

Reactions: reCan

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
This from BLS website
  1. If I have opted for a Postal/Courier return but have changed my mind, can I collect my processed application in-person and have a refund of my Postal/Courier fees?
    Answer: You are requested to send us mail for Collection of passport from the visa application centre.
    Please write following on your mail.
    Name, Passport Number, BLS Reference Number and contact number
    Note: Personal collection can be made only on the day passport received from the mission. If this is not collected, applications will be dispatched as normal to avoid any delivery issues. Fees paid for the Postal/Courier return will not be refunded.
Thank you for this. I just dropped them a mail for In person pick up for a postal application. OCI Received at OTTAWA today. We have our flights scheduled next week.

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
Have an update on OCI. Postal application via BLS OTTAWA. Flight scheduled next week. Hope I can skip Purolator and collect in person.

Date Of Acknowledgment01-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-NOV-2022
Document received AtOTTAWAOn02-DEC-2022
[/QUOTE]

gill30041965

Sep 21, 2022
Date of ApplicationBLSBLS Surrey – Walk-inOn05-Nov-2022
Processing at Consulate GeneralBLSBLS Application TrackerOn10-Nov-2022
Date Of AcknowledgmentMEAOCI Status Enquiry(ociservices.gov.in)On11-Nov-2022