+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
This is a bad idea, unfortunately you would have to deal with too much of bureaucracy because you cannot enter india with Indian passport & have an exit stamp in another passport. Indian immigration guys will stop you & I know someone that had a two year ban on entry to India while attempting this.

your best bet is this:
2. Apply for OCI/Visa once you get your Canadian passport.
1. Get your Canadian passport after oath.

or
Do Oath & get certificate.
Get Canadian passport in India & use Indian passport to travel to Dubai/visa free country. Use Canadian passport from there to enter Canada.
Hey if we go with the latter option -

Will the immigration in Dubai not question on the use of Canadaian passport?
Because you used Indian passport to enter Dubai and you are using Canadian passport to exit Dubai? Is this allowed?

Can someone confirm this please?

BoxOfCrayon

Sep 8, 2022
Hey if we go with the latter option -

Will the immigration in Dubai not question on the use of Canadaian passport?
Because you used Indian passport to enter Dubai and you are using Canadian passport to exit Dubai? Is this allowed?

Can someone confirm this please?
This is complicated and risky. I suggest you follow the process as described by @jackbauer

1. Get your Canadian passport after oath.
2. Apply for OCI/Visa once you get your Canadian passport.

Please take advice from an experienced immigration lawyer if you plan to follow option 2 since mistakes can be costly

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Comma / Hyphen shouldn't matter, imo. I've used hyphen and it was accepted.
Thanks. I sent you a dm here on the forum. Please do check when you have some time.

Reactions: 8494193

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Processing at Consulate: Nov 28th
We have similar timelines.

I sent it first on Nov 1st, delivered 2nd. I didnt check the status at all but it was returned on Nov 9th. I sent it again on Nov 11th, delivered on 14th. BLS tracker says date of application on Nov 19th and status is Processing in consulate. Will you let me know if you see any movement or see OCI status please?

Reactions: Leo0806

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, today 30th Nov My Oci is showing recd at Toronto, when can I go for pickup and also do i need to book appointment for BLS Brampton Pickup. Thx to all replies

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hello guys, today 30th Nov My Oci is showing recd at Toronto, when can I go for pickup and also do i need to book appointment for BLS Brampton Pickup. Thx to all replies
Only after you see “Documents ready for collection “ before that you will see “counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping”