Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Date Of Acknowledgment27-OCT-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number*********
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn18-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Here is my timeline....Walk-in application at BLS Brampton (Oct 07, 2022).

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi All,

Anyone recently renewed their Kids OCI? If we need to just fill Miscellaneous application online or do we also need to print it and send it to BLS Brampton?
I updated the new passport details for my kid last year. It was online Miscellaneous application only. You will not get new OCI booklet, you can use the original OCI booklet with the new passport.

Reactions: navid2014

manuuu

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
How long will it take from Acknowledgement date to receiving OCI?
About 2 months... See my timeline below

tamilvanan3

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
Hi All,
I am looking sample letter for a Passport surrender without Canadian Passport.
If anyone has it or comes across the link. Please, share it.
Thanks in Advance

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Can you pay for drop off any time ? Say once you see the status processed, dispatched or counter delivery to BLS ? I had submitted directly thru purolator while sending the application.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
About 2 months... See my timeline below
As i see it , it is only around 3 weeks so far from Oct 27- Nov 18. It wouldn't take 2 months. I think his question was from Date of acknowledgment to recieving.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is this for Brampton also?
Yes. This is the message on their website now:

With effect from 16th November, all walk-in applications would be by 'Appointment Only' which can be booked by clicking the link below,

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
my experience at brampton today for oci. Went at 1pm (my appointment time). The guy at the counter verified my docs.

1. He asked if I had all the pages of checklist instead of just 1st page. I didn't. He just pulled out the ones he had and attached them. I heard that they might ask you to get them printed out and pay for them there. better to get them upfront

2. Looked at my photograph and rejected for the reason that my shirt in the photo was not dark. I've used the same photo for canadian passport and entry visa without any problem. I had to get one clicked at the center. I was told to upload that photograph in the oci website after I went home. Another lady had the same problem. She borrowed her husband's jacket which was dark for getting the photo clicked. Hers was light pink.

3. I didn't know that I cannot pay the consulate fee with debit card. (my fault for not reading the instructions)
They need a draft. Bls fee can be paid by debit card though. I was told to get a draft from a 'cash money' store in the same plaza. He looked annoyed that I didnt get a draft. wont blame him for that. I should have read the instructions

4. I was given a passport cover and he said "oci is for the life time. you cant renew it. so better keep it safe". He conveninently didn't mention that it wasnt free. I knew it wasnt free but didnt want to annoy him by rejecting it

5. my employment letter doc was returned to me. I dont know why it was mentioned in the checklist then. I uploaded that while filling in the application though

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
my experience at brampton today for oci. Went at 1pm (my appointment time). The guy at the counter verified my docs.

1. He asked if I had all the pages of checklist instead of just 1st page. I didn't. He just pulled out the ones he had and attached them. I heard that they might ask you to get them printed out and pay for them there. better to get them upfront

2. Looked at my photograph and rejected for the reason that my shirt in the photo was not dark. I've used the same photo for canadian passport and entry visa without any problem. I had to get one clicked at the center. I was told to upload that photograph in the oci website after I went home. Another lady had the same problem. She borrowed her husband's jacket which was dark for getting the photo clicked. Hers was light pink.

3. I didn't know that I cannot pay the consulate fee with debit card. (my fault for not reading the instructions)
They need a draft. Bls fee can be paid by debit card though. I was told to get a draft from a 'cash money' store in the same plaza. He looked annoyed that I didnt get a draft. wont blame him for that. I should have read the instructions

4. I was given a passport cover and he said "oci is for the life time. you cant renew it. so better keep it safe". He conveninently didn't mention that it wasnt free. I knew it wasnt free but didnt want to annoy him by rejecting it

5. my employment letter doc was returned to me. I dont know why it was mentioned in the checklist then. I uploaded that while filling in the application though
I had also submitted the OCi at around 12:45. I also had to get the DD from a nearby bank.
There are different ways of making money. I was asked to take the printout of online application again, don't know why.. got it from the counter 10 and had to pay for that. Also, I was made to pay for courier

Luckily the lady at the counter didn't sell the OCI passport cover :)