Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
Received the physical copy of OCI today 11/14 by Purolator. Three applications submitted on 09/22 at the BLS Brampton.

Reactions: BoxOfCrayon

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied OCI for my spouse & Surrender Certificate for me at BLS Brampton. Couple of changes introduced in last few months:

- Only applicant (or both parents in case of minor) can pick up Surrender Certificate in-person now (it was already the case for OCI). Earlier they were allowing blood relative with authority letter to pickup SC.

- Checklist is mandatory to be included. Earlier they had returned checklist, so I had not taken it with me this time. So they charged 45 cents per page & provided checklist.

Also, I think they somehow find issues in photographs, so its better to get photograph clicked there only if you are submitting in person. This time they found issues in photo of my spouse which was already used by us for Surrender Certificate & Indian Visa. When we countered they asked us to submit an affidavit saying that we will be responsible if application gets rejected. We relented & got another photo clicked there.

stimitak

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
My final update:

Postal Application received at BLS Surrey: Sept 15th
Processed by Surrey: Sept 28th (after 2 phone calls)

Date Of Acknowledgment 30-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number ******
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 26-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 29-Oct-2022
Document received At Vancouver On: 29-Oct-2022

BLS Status Update: (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) : 01-Nov-2022

OCI Dispatched via Purolator: 10-Nov-2022 (after 2 emails)

So my advice to everyone... keep bugging BLS with phone/emails or they'll sit on your application for weeks.. specially if it's a postal application..
Hi, I am in the same boat. Been 2 weeks since sending applciation to Surrey office by purolator. No update (keep showing record not found).

They dont pickup the phone and the call directly disconnects!

Any tips? What is the email to followup with them?

Thanks.

JarJes

Mar 22, 2009
My final update:

Postal Application received at BLS Surrey: Sept 15th
Processed by Surrey: Sept 28th (after 2 phone calls)

Date Of Acknowledgment 30-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number ******
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 26-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 29-Oct-2022
Document received At Vancouver On: 29-Oct-2022

BLS Status Update: (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) : 01-Nov-2022

OCI Dispatched via Purolator: 10-Nov-2022 (after 2 emails)

So my advice to everyone... keep bugging BLS with phone/emails or they'll sit on your application for weeks.. specially if it's a postal application..
could you please share their email address?

JarJes

Mar 22, 2009
Hi, I am in the same boat. Been 2 weeks since sending applciation to Surrey office by purolator. No update (keep showing record not found).

They dont pickup the phone and the call directly disconnects!

Any tips? What is the email to followup with them?

Thanks.
It took 3 weeks for me to see the update in BLS website. I had no luck with phone calls or email.
You will get update soon or coming weekend.

Reactions: stimitak

BoxOfCrayon

Sep 8, 2022
I submitted my OCI application walk-in in BLS Brampton on 10th November. The key learning is to take printouts of all checklist pages for all the applicants. I had taken the printout for only the first page, and they made me buy the checklist copy from them. It was 50 cents per page :rolleyes:

viral810

Nov 10, 2022
  • 4 Oct, 2022 - Application date and status: under process
  • 6 Oct, 2022 - status: Processing at Consulate General
OCI

Date Of Acknowledgment26-OCT-2022

I am still waiting for further updates, I have planned my travel on Nov 27. I see people with acknowledgment on 19 Oct have received OCI so hoping for the best. Anyone with OCI acknowledgement same week as mine?

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
I submitted my OCI application walk-in in BLS Brampton on 10th November. The key learning is to take printouts of all checklist pages for all the applicants. I had taken the printout for only the first page, and they made me buy the checklist copy from them. It was 50 cents per page :rolleyes:
looks like, BLS has daily quota of selling the xerox copies and to meet that quota they ask for random copies.
I submitted my OCI application on 4-Nov (Walk-in) and I only had the first page of the checklist. They didn't ask me the rest of the pages in the checklist.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Here are my timelines:

Walk-in at Toronto(Scarborough) center: Oct 24th
Processing at Consulate General : Oct 25th
OCI date of acknowledgement: Nov 15th

ladjenild

Oct 5, 2022
Did it get dispatched?. My acknowledgement was on 19th and processed on 8th but no update after it.
have you received any update after counter delivery to BLS center after OCI stamping? My application was processed on Nov 10 and the status changed to counter delivery to BLS center on Nov 11 but nothing after that.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Appreciate if someone can provide a feedback on the Entry Visa Form:

Question: Countries Visited in Last 10 years.. Do I include India in the list of countries that I have visited in the last 10 years ?

I have visited India multiple times but on the Indian passport, which I will be surrendering end of this week.

Dimpysimple

Dec 7, 2016
Hi, i applied my son's oci on 2 nov 2022 like bls status update and after 2-3 days its processing under consulate general, i have travel plan on 27th december. Very nervous about it.