Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
Thank you Rajesh... I edited my question about and added that my wife acquired Canadian Citizenship in 2010 and I believe renunciation rules were revised in July of 2010. Would this make a difference?
I'm not sure about the past rules and how it would impact the current OCI process. It's best to call BLS and ask.

viral810

Nov 10, 2022
Application Date (BLS Brampton Walk in): 4 October 2022
BLS acknowledgment date: 6 Oct 2022
OCI Acknowledgment date: 26 Oct 2022

Waiting for further updates. I am flying on 27 Nov, I have also paid for courier services if they have stamped OCI at BLS ready before then can I go and pick it up rather than waiting for them to dispatch?

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
Application Date (BLS Brampton Walk in): 4 October 2022
BLS acknowledgment date: 6 Oct 2022
OCI Acknowledgment date: 26 Oct 2022

Waiting for further updates. I am flying on 27 Nov, I have also paid for courier services if they have stamped OCI at BLS ready before then can I go and pick it up rather than waiting for them to dispatch?
Wow... that looks like a BIG gap of 22 days between October 4 and 26... is it normally this delayed?

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
On the BLS India-Canada website, it says "Applications for Visa and Passport Surrender at Bldg#60, All other applications at Bldg#40 Gillingham Drive, Brampton, ON". Where does OCI stand here? Where should I line up? at 40 or 60 Gillingham?

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
On the BLS India-Canada website, it says "Applications for Visa and Passport Surrender at Bldg#60, All other applications at Bldg#40 Gillingham Drive, Brampton, ON". Where does OCI stand here? Where should I line up? at 40 or 60 Gillingham?
For OCI, visit 40 Gillingham.
For surrender and visa, visit 60 Gillingham.

Reactions: djrobinn

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
For OCI, visit 40 Gillingham.
For surrender and visa, visit 60 Gillingham.
Thanks Tommy.

Seems I have to officially renounce my wife's Indian passport before I can apply for her OCI. She acquired Canadian citizenship in 2010 and never really looked back at her Indian passport. Now that I'm going through the motions of applying for OCI, I discovered that while my Indian passport has a cancelled stamp on it, her's does not :-(

Guess I have to clone myself and line-up at both 40 and 60 Gillingham :oops:. Do I then have to wait for the renunciation certificate or will they stamp cancelled on her Indian passport and hand it back to me so I can then apply for OCI right away? As per the BLS website, even renunciation can take a minimum of 8 weeks!!:eek:

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Thanks Tommy.

Seems I have to officially renounce my wife's Indian passport before I can apply for her OCI. She acquired Canadian citizenship in 2010 and never really looked back at her Indian passport. Now that I'm going through the motions of applying for OCI, I discovered that while my Indian passport has a cancelled stamp on it, her's does not :-(

Guess I have to clone myself and line-up at both 40 and 60 Gillingham :oops:. Do I then have to wait for the renunciation certificate or will they stamp cancelled on her Indian passport and hand it back to me so I can then apply for OCI right away? As per the BLS website, even renunciation can take a minimum of 8 weeks!!:eek:
BLS also accepts passport surrender applications at 40 Gillingham. I surrendered mine there last month. They recommend to go to 60 Gillingham if you are applying for the Indian visa too with the surrender application.
Surrender certificate takes less then 8 weeks for sure. Consider approximate timeline around 4-5 weeks. People have received their well before 4 weeks too.
One of the requirement for the OCI now is to produce a surrender certificate and Cancelled Indian passport. You can apply for your wife's surrender application and your OCI application at the same time at 40 Gillingham and then apply for your wife's OCI once she receives the surrender certificate and Cancelled passport.

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
BLS also accepts passport surrender applications at 40 Gillingham. I surrendered mine there last month. They recommend to go to 60 Gillingham if you are applying for the Indian visa too with the surrender application.
Surrender certificate takes less then 8 weeks for sure. Consider approximate timeline around 4-5 weeks. People have received their well before 4 weeks too.
One of the requirement for the OCI now is to produce a surrender certificate and Cancelled Indian passport. You can apply for your wife's surrender application and your OCI application at the same time at 40 Gillingham and then apply for your wife's OCI once she receives the surrender certificate and Cancelled passport.
Thanks again man... but I fear this will hamper her travel plans to India at the end of January... thinking of booking something around January 27th or so. Just OCI would've been fine seeing the timelines I see here but with Renunciation added to the mix, not sure if I should apply for visa for her as I apply for my OCI. Decisions, decisions, decisions :confused: