+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi everyone
I need a small clarification on the background of the applicants photo.

The BLS site says applicants photo should have white background while the OCI site where it is uploaded and form generated says NON white. They also say that the uploaded photo should be the same as one pasted on the form. Attaching image screen shot links of bls instruction and oci site instructions
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r0UP1HjaaCZLI5kOfL-uF-7ZFofbrsU0

Please help any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

agarwal.lalit91

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, applying for my OCI. Is it compulsory to upload my marriage certificate on the online application?

My spouse is also applying For OCI. We have mentioned each other's names and marriage registration date on our respective applications but that's about it. Haven't mention each other's passport numbers though (As those fields are not marked as mandatory).

Any guidance would be most appreciated! Thanks.
In my case, initially my wife and I didn't upload our marriage certificate initially but when we did a walk-in at BLS Toronto, they asked us to upload the marriage certificate. We were not applying on spousal basis still they asked us to upload the marriage certificate. I think it depends totally on the person reviewing your application but to be safe, I would suggest you to upload the marriage certificate. It will be a hassle otherwise.

somasun1984

Sep 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2013
AOR Received.
14-Nov-2013
File Transfer...
29-Oct-2014 (To New Delhi VO)
Med's Request
22-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
20-Aug-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-05-2015
As of this morning no updates on the BLS website for the collection and still shows "Processing at High Commission". Hope we should get some update next week early.
@myindia

I got an update this evening.

"Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping"

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys,

The OCI status shows as follows:

Date Of Acknowledgment06-OCT-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

When could we expect the next set of updates? I am yet to pay BLS Brampton for their drop off service. I am hoping they will email me once the OCI is ready? Please advise.

Last edited:

surbee

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
One query: Do we need the Canadian passport for surrendering our Indian passport ? Or can we surrender once we have the citizenship certificate in hand ? Passport application takes another couple of days.

Ns@2016

May 20, 2016
One query: Do we need the Canadian passport for surrendering our Indian passport ? Or can we surrender once we have the citizenship certificate in hand ? Passport application takes another couple of days.
To surrender Indian passport it is not required to have Canadian passport. As long as you have the Citizenship certificate you can surrender your Indian passport. Eventually it can expedite to your OCI application if you have near term India travel plan with OCI status.

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
Hello.
I am trying to apply oci for myself.
I have a question regarding uploading documents.
when I was filling the online application form, it doesn’t gave me any option to upload documents. I filled Part A, upload image & signature photo & then it moved to Part B and I submitted that too.
where I got missed for uploading documents.
And one more thing my root to Indian origin is Self. What documents I need to upload & where?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hello.
I am trying to apply oci for myself.
I have a question regarding uploading documents.
when I was filling the online application form, it doesn’t gave me any option to upload documents. I filled Part A, upload image & signature photo & then it moved to Part B and I submitted that too.
where I got missed for uploading documents.
And one more thing my root to Indian origin is Self. What documents I need to upload & where?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Go to home page .. on the left there are buttons for upload reupload documents. Use ur new file number ..it must be also in your email and Indian passport number to login when asked.

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi guys .. is the oci first time applicant fee cad 375 or 278.. I have a document which says postal 1st time applicant fee is 278 .. and bls is 7.4 plus 2.00 for icwf.

Please help. Thanks.