+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022
Hi Pinky .. what was your application date in the BLS website? We send ours by post and I got an acknowledgement from Brampton center on 4th oct. I am getting anxious as the travel date is Nov 26th
You mentioned that you received acknowledgement from Brampton on Oct 4th. By that, do you mean the Date of Acknowledgement mentioned on this site https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury?

Last edited:

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
Hi everyone,

This is my first post regarding OCI application. Below are the details so far:

Submission type: Postal application
Oct 12 - Application picked up by Purolator
Oct 13 - Application delivered to BLS
Oct 17 - Acknowledgement email received from BLS
Date BLS website statusOCI Website status
Oct 17acknowledgement messageno such record found
Oct 21under process, reference no providedno such record found
Oct 25processing at consulate generalno such record found

I believe it will take 3 weeks ish before I see any update on the OCI Website or regarding my application.
I will share an update once available.

Thanks!!!

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
when you apply for entry visa, the Candian passport should be submitted to BLS? I applied for OCI on Oct 13th my travel date is Dec 16th. I am going to apply for entry visa to be safe
Yes. Passport is stamped with visa. I would recommend applying for visitor visa to be safe if you cannot postpone your travel plans

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Hi everyone, my oci status at bls tracking shows Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping. Its been 4 days still same nothing change .anyone experienced how long will it takes to get delivered at home ?

agarwal.lalit91

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, my oci status at bls tracking shows Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping. Its been 4 days still same nothing change .anyone experienced how long will it takes to get delivered at home ?
When did you get the last status update on the OCI website? Can you share your timeline please?

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Its about time...you can expect it soon. Do you see a reference number in the nxt line of your BLS status ?
Thats usually your purolator pin for tracking

canadian.2014

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
Filling up the form for new born entry visa. what should be in the signature field? thumb impression or parents siganature?
The check list documentation says both parents needs to sign in signature field but for OCI I uploaded thumb impression

Ns@2016

May 20, 2016
My update for postal application to Brampton (delivered to BLS on 7th September, 2022). Hope it helps for those who are with similar timeline for Toronto office.
Applicant NameXXXXXXXX
File Reference NumberXXXXXXXX
Date OfAcknowledgment3-Oct-22
Registration Status atMissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents PrintingStatusPROCESSEDOn26-Oct-22
Dispatched From MEA(OCI )NEW DELHIOn27-Oct-22
Document received AtTORONTOOn27-Oct-22

Ns@2016

May 20, 2016
Filling up the form for new born entry visa. what should be in the signature field? thumb impression or parents siganature?
The check list documentation says both parents needs to sign in signature field but for OCI I uploaded thumb impression
both parents need to sign in signature field as well as kid's thumb impression(for boy left hand thumb whereas for girl right hand thumb) is what we did for the OCI application. To clear out any doubt you can call BLS contact center and I find they are very helpful with sharing information regarding the step by step process.

Reactions: Pvraju

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
both parents need to sign in signature field as well as kid's thumb impression(for boy left hand thumb whereas for girl right hand thumb) is what we did for the OCI application. To clear out any doubt you can call BLS contact center and I find they are very helpful with sharing information regarding the step by step process.
I already submitted OCI application few weeks back with child's thumb impression. It was all ok. Now I am applying for Entry visa. the form says just the parents signature. wondering what others did while applying for child's entry visa

aditagar2801

Apr 24, 2019
I already submitted OCI application few weeks back with child's thumb impression. It was all ok. Now I am applying for Entry visa. the form says just the parents signature. wondering what others did while applying for child's entry visa
I just applied last week and put the thumb impression on the first and the last page. However, I am my spouse both signed below the thumb impression on the second page. Additionally both of us attested all the supporting documents as well.

Reactions: Pvraju