+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
For visitor visa, what do we put in “Have you ever visited India?” If i say yes then it asks for Type of Visa, Visa #, etc. which obviously we won’t have.

can somebody opine please? And can i go walk-in to both BLS Brampton locations for visitor visa?

ld365

Oct 6, 2022
For visitor visa, what do we put in “Have you ever visited India?” If i say yes then it asks for Type of Visa, Visa #, etc. which obviously we won’t have.

can somebody opine please? And can i go walk-in to both BLS Brampton locations for visitor visa?
the answer is NO unless you visited India on Canadian passport then you choose the visa you previously applied. Fill the form from a perspective of a foreign citizen holding foreign passport. It counts trips to India after your naturalization.

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
the answer is NO unless you visited India on Canadian passport then you choose the visa you previously applied. Fill the form from a perspective of a foreign citizen holding foreign passport. It counts trips to India after your naturalization.
Thank you

Kaurbal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hey, i am trying to fill up online form and got stuck on marriage registration date, is it the same as the ceremony date or the actual date marriage certificate got signed and issued? TIA

testNewPlace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Do we need to take actual photo printout as well along with the OCI application ?

When I print the application, it prints the photo as well... do we still need the actual one printed to submit to BLS ?

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Hi, if I understand correctly. The OCI needs to be reissues every time we get our Canadian passport renewed. Can the OCI be renewed in India?

HK_27

Aug 29, 2019
I will be becoming Canadian citizen on November 3, 2022 and I have travel plans for Feb 2nd (will be leaving Canada on Feb 2 and arriving in India on Feb 4 via another country)

I will be able to get my canadian passport considering the time, however won’t have enough time to apply for surrender certificate, OCI or a visa.

I do understand that an Indian citizen can’t hold dual citizenships, however it’s mentioned on the official website that a grace period of 3 months is allowed to use the Indian passport to travel.

The grace period will end on 3rd Feb. Can I use the Indian passport then to travel to India and then surrender it later when I come back? And also I will be using Canadian passport to travel back to Canada, will it be fine?

Also, is the three month grace period travel date means the date I leave Canada or is counted when I reach India ( 4 Feb)

will I be charged for any penalty for one day over the grace month period? (if it will be counted from 3 feb to 3 feb and use of indian passport to travel to india 4 feb )

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
Need timeline info from anyone applied OCI (fresh application) via BLS Ottawa for two minor kids (Canadian passport holders) for Indian parents (PR).

postal application to BLS Ottawa : 28-09-2022
application accepted only on :22-10-2022 (after 3 more requests for documents (COPR, extra demand drafts, refill application etc)
OCI status : Not yet available

Have tickets booked to India : Dec 7th,2022 (I have option to rebook the tickets)

What is the probability that We will get the OCI cards before our flights given that everything is fine with OCI application process.

TIA

ottawa67

Oct 24, 2022
Need timeline info from anyone applied OCI (fresh application) via BLS Ottawa for two minor kids (Canadian passport holders) for Indian parents (PR).

application accepted only on :22-10-2022 (after 3 more requests for documents (COPR, extra demand drafts, refill application etc)

Have tickets booked to India : Dec 7th,2022 (I have option to rebook the tickets)

What is the probability that We will get the OCI cards before our flights given that everything is fine with OCI application process.

TIA
Looks quite tight, here's my tlimeline (applied in person at BLS Ottawa on 16-Aug, still waiting for documents to be received at HCI, BLS just shows 'Processing at High Commission')

Date Of Acknowledgment 18-AUG-2022
Registration Status at Mission OTTAWA
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 17-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 19-OCT-2022
Document received At OTTAWA On

Andy88

Jan 17, 2022
Hi All,
Need your help. I need to travel to India in first week of December. I applied for OCI application on 27th September through post and my application was sent back due to a missing document. I reapplied on 14th Oct and its being sent back as I have attached a common draft for myself and my wife. The BLS website clearly mentions that we can attach a common draft for 2 people.
Looking at the processing times, what shall I do? Also, I have spent on the postal applications twice. Don’t wanna comment on the BAABUS sitting in their office.
Can I do walk-in appointment?

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013

TIA
You seem to have a clear 6 weeks until your travel date. So if I were you, I would still be optimistic.

I am still waiting for the surrender certificate, it's been over a month but I am hopeful I can apply and get an OCI before travelling in Dec.