+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
My wife OCI processed today, I can see the OCI number ( Passport number).

Ottawa Jurisdiction, check the status please

17th August Acknowledgment
Same here, got processed, looking at the timeline, it took 8 weeks and another week to pick up I guess. Thankfully, no mistakes in documentation and stuff from my side. Ottawa Jurisdiction is still a.......

csrad

Jul 10, 2014

Postal application to Vancouver

Date Of Acknowledgment

23-SEP-2022
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn17-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

Reactions: pinkysingha

Neelteal

Jan 22, 2022
Hi Members,

I have a question about documents to upload along with the attachments.
are these documents sufficient or am I missing something

- Canada Passport
- Indian Passport (Cancelled Stamp)
- Employment Letter

We need any other document which needs to be uploaded.. I know the BLS checklist is asking for more documents, do we just provide them in person or we upload them as well.

vixp

Oct 17, 2022
Hello,

I've submitted my OCI application for some time now and selected the pick up option. The status on the BLS website has been "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" , for a couple weeks now.

Does this mean my OCI card is ready to pick up from BLS? Or do I have to continue to wait until the status becomes "Ready for collection" . This has nothing to do with my passport, so the status is very confusing... Just like the rest of BLS and their processes.

Appreciate any guidance or help.

Thanks,

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hello,

I've submitted my OCI application for some time now and selected the pick up option. The status on the BLS website has been "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" , for a couple weeks now.

Does this mean my OCI card is ready to pick up from BLS? Or do I have to continue to wait until the status becomes "Ready for collection" . This has nothing to do with my passport, so the status is very confusing... Just like the rest of BLS and their processes.

Appreciate any guidance or help.

Thanks,
Yes. You can go to BLS and collect your OCI.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
My OCI reached Toronto so is it possible to go and pick up OCI from the consulate in Toronto? I have a flight in 4 days.
Consulate does an open house every week on Wednesday. Register for it online and then go there on Wednesday around 2:30PM. Explain your situation. If they have not sent the OCI to BLS already, then they might help you pick it there. Usually they are prompt in sending documents to BLS. So if your OCI was printed in Toronto already, then there is a fair chance it is there at BLS.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all

walk in application to BLS Brampton on October 3 for passport surrender.

status changed this afternoon on the passport website to “surrender certificate has been printed”.

when can I expect it to reach me?

also regarding OCI, during document upload is it compulsory to upload/attach employment letter?

aditagar2801

Apr 24, 2019
Hi all

walk in application to BLS Brampton on October 3 for passport surrender.

status changed this afternoon on the passport website to “surrender certificate has been printed”.

when can I expect it to reach me?

also regarding OCI, during document upload is it compulsory to upload/attach employment letter?
I am in the same boat. My status changed on Friday evening to Certificate Printed. Called BLS this afternoon and as per representative, we should get it in a week.

Reactions: PMV