Oct 6, 2022
Application date in BLS site: 14 September
It stayed in there Processing at Consulate General
Application received in OCI website: 7th October UNDER PROCESS

Reactions: KrishHH

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Update from my experience today at BLS Brampton (Building 40), walk-in, for my OCI application, new registration, individual, adult naturalized Canadian.

Before that, thanks everyone for answering my previous questions.

Timelines:
  • Got there at 6.20am. I was 10th in line.
  • At 7.00am there were about 30-35 people in line.
  • By 8.00am there were about 65-70 people in line. About 5 people left because they were standing in line for a visa, including 1 in front of me.
  • At 8.00am, the 8 people in front of me were let in together.
  • At 8.10am, I was let in. During this time 1 person with appointment was let in, plus 3 people sent over from the other building.
  • At 8.22am I was done with my submission, out of the building and on my way home for a power nap.

Note:
  • All originals were checked and returned to me.
  • Outside the centre there is a large printout with requirements and it mentions a COPR for a fresh OCI adult application. BUT inside I was not asked for nor did I present my COPR.
  • The only documents I submitted were as per the latest checklist on the BLS website and nothing else at all, 1 copy of each.
  • I did not attest any of the copies

Hope this helps
Thanks for sharing detailed information, good to know that they are not keeping any original documents.
Where did you attach the photo in the OCI form? Thanks.

Reactions: GSHARMA05

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I want to apply for OCI at BLS Ottawa by in-person walk-in. Do I need to submit the original Canadian citizenship certificate and original Canadian passport to apply for OCI or not?

Will they verify the originals and return them to me on the spot or will they take them and return them to me after completing the processing in around 4 weeks?

I problem is I don't want to give them the originals. I know the checklist says original and copy.

When I called the call center he said I have to submit the originals and would be returned in 4 weeks. I am getting misleading answers from the BLS call center.

Anyone, who has submitted the OCI application in Ottawa or other jurisdictions, please clarify.

Thank you

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hello all,

I want to apply for OCI at BLS Ottawa by in-person walk-in. Do I need to submit the original Canadian citizenship certificate and original Canadian passport to apply for OCI or not?

JC :: No, U dont need to submit your Original Documents to BLS

Will they verify the originals and return them to me on the spot or will they take them and return them to me after completing the processing in around 4 weeks?

JC :: Yes, they will return your document on the spot once they verify , I believe with Ottawa its 8 weeks, as I submit OCI application in Ottawa on September 9 ( Walkin ) , it still says Under process.

I problem is I don't want to give them the originals. I know the checklist says original and copy.

When I called the call center he said I have to submit the originals and would be returned in 4 weeks. I am getting misleading answers from the BLS call center.

Anyone, who has submitted the OCI application in Ottawa or other jurisdictions, please clarify.

Thank you

See my responses above. Thank you

Reactions: visa_4all

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
I am a little confused about the documents I need to upload online for a fresh OCI application.

This is the list I see on the drop-down menu:

1.Current Passport (I plan to upload the Canadian passport)
2.Employment / work letter (a letter stating I work for blah blah company)
3.Indian origin proof (should I upload the Indian passport?)
4.Indian Visa (N/A)
5.Marriage certificate (is this required? I am applying as "self")
6.PIO Card (N/A)
7.Relationship certificate (what is this? and is it required?)
8.Spouse OCI Card (N/A)

Can someone assist in confirming the list of documents to upload and also let me know if I need to self-attest? Where should I upload surrender certificate, CoPR, checklist, etc.?

rajesh_verma_jsr

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
I am a little confused about the documents I need to upload online for a fresh OCI application.

This is the list I see on the drop-down menu:

1.Current Passport (I plan to upload the Canadian passport) ..yes.
2.Employment / work letter (a letter stating I work for blah blah company)..yes
3.Indian origin proof (should I upload the Indian passport?).. please upload indian passport that you surrendered with the surrender certificate in one pdf.
4.Indian Visa (N/A)...NA
5.Marriage certificate (is this required? I am applying as "self").. upload if you have..but NA.
6.PIO Card (N/A)..NA
7.Relationship certificate (what is this? and is it required?)..not required.
8.Spouse OCI Card (N/A)..NA.

Can someone assist in confirming the list of documents to upload and also let me know if I need to self-attest? Where should I upload surrender certificate, CoPR, checklist, etc.?
Upload as above in the list of 1..to 8.
Self attest to be safe but not mandatory for the docs that you are uploading. Carry the self attested physical copies.

Reactions: francaispourquebec

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

1. What is needed for "Professional Details of the applicant"

2. Is the photograph needed even if I upload the photograph on the online form?

3. At the time of applying for a surrender certificate, she asked me to submit a change of appearance affidavit, which I made and submitted. Do I need to submit the change of appearance affidavit again for the OCI or not?

4. I did not have the last name on my Indian passport when I submitted the surrender certificate. As I have two names in the first name, I have legally changed my name in Canada by splitting the name, and I now have first name and last name. On my Canadian PP also I have first name and last name.
Do I have to submit a change of name affidavit or Copy of the name change certificate is enough?

Thank you