OCI process

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also waiting, mine oci received Toronto on September 30th. No updates after. What is your status! . Thank you
This is the status -
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Called BLS today they say Oh this is not correct, its still with Consulate, raise a ticket and we will update the correct status. My assumption is coz i did not pay for purolator, they will just sit on this for a week more and then change th status.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So i went to BSL today. the guy checked and came out my OCI in his hand. when i asked him why were they sitting on it since sep 20. He said I never paid for purolater. i showed him the receipt that i did pay for the porolater- he had no answer. Then he proceeded to tell me i can come back after 3pm to pick up the OIC while holing my OCI in hand. Anyways I was i able to get it from him. Unbelievable :rolleyes:

Good luck to you..hopefully you will get it today swell
Just like this guy, it seems like they intentionally delay the process.

mags_13

Oct 13, 2013
My OCI was delivered today, thank you to all the contributors on this forum for sharing relevant information. Below are the timelines.

Date of Submission (walk in)North York Office17-Aug-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment01-SEP-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-SEP-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn22-SEP-2022
Passport Dispatched via Courier (status on BLS)03-OCT-2022

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
This is the status -

Called BLS today they say Oh this is not correct, its still with Consulate, raise a ticket and we will update the correct status. My assumption is coz i did not pay for purolator, they will just sit on this for a week more and then change th status.
Thank you. How many days it took to change status to
after receiving it in toronto?.

Oct 4, 2022
Hello everyone, I & my spouse applied for Surrender certificate together on Sept 17 while I received my SC today. For my spouse, it is still showing 'processing at Consulate General' , We are not sure what went wrong with his Application and why its taking longer. Has anyone been in this scenario and if you know a way to follow up with Consulate about it? Please share. TIA.

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Is there any hidden number or something for Ottawa consulate where you can give them a nudge to get the OCI file accelerated?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018
OCI application Brampton (Postal Application)
Application delivery in BLS (Purolator)- Sep 6, 2022
BLS Application Date - September 12, 2022
OCI Date Of Acknowledgment October 4, 2022
TORONTO