Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those tracking timelines-

Date of SubmissionTORONTOOn18-Aug-2022
Date of AcknowledgmentTORONTOOn29-Aug-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn19-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn20-SEP-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn20-SEP-2022
My applications are 5 days behind from this timeline. Submitted on 23rd August 2022 and Acknowledgement on OCI website for 2nd September. Estimating movement this week or next week.

Reactions: syeah

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, For OCI tracking on BLS and OCI WEBSITE which is the passport number we have to use, ie Indian or Canadian. BLS just received my postal application yesterday I know it is too early for ACKNOWLEDGMENT but didn’t want to keep trying with incorrect passport number as it keeps saying no records found

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
Hi, For OCI tracking on BLS and OCI WEBSITE which is the passport number we have to use, ie Indian or Canadian. BLS just received my postal application yesterday I know it is too early for ACKNOWLEDGMENT but didn’t want to keep trying with incorrect passport number as it keeps saying no records found
Canadian passport

Reactions: Goldenita

kalaisuresh

Sep 7, 2022
Hi, I had opted for drop off service after my status had changed to ready for collection. I have received the order number, transaction number but haven't received any email from BLS. The status is currently passport ready for dispatch after oci stamping. Can someone say how can this be tracked as I did not receive airway bill number, it's been more than 4 business days and there is no email on airway bill number. Also, can someone give the correct Brampton contact number, the number on the website is always unavailable.

rodrash007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Hi All, For OCI - do the soft copies for online submission need to be self attested or just the hard copies during BLS submission? Also, for professional details do they need something printed on a company letterhead or a self prepared letter will do?
Reposting my question

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for opinion here on my situation.

I booked my travel tickets earlier this year for travel scheduled for 25-Nov and received my citizenship certificate on 15 September.

I will get my Canadian passport on 5-October now I am left with 50 calendar days to apply for indian passport surrender (3-4 weeks) followed by tourist visa (minimum 40 days for processing).
I believe there is grace period of 3 months in which one should surrender indian passport.

Had anyone travelled to India after acquiring Canadian citizenship with indian passport in lieu of visa?

Please share your experience or advice.

Thank you

yashpan

Jun 20, 2022
Does anyone know when it will be dispatched after printing?

@D3xt0r
Did your dispatched status update?
Mine is stuck with printing processed since 15 September and dispatch section is still empty.

Same is with me,

Status is stuck since 15th

Date Of Acknowledgment 26-AUG-2022
Documents Printing Status
PROCESSEDOn15-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )
NEW DELHI
On
Document received At
VANCOUVEROn

kalaisuresh

Sep 7, 2022
Can be picked up to 90 days - this is what was mentioned on the receipt. We picked up after 2 weeks.

A few things to bear in mind as they make pick up not so easy -they would rather you pay the $30 per application for courier so they make money:

1. pick up times are 3-4:30 M-F (no saturdays at all)...they will strictly not allow you in after 4:30 even if you have been waiting in the line since 4. So get there early

2. OCI will only be handed in person to each applicant. So although my wife was able to apply for me, pick up has to be done by each person themself

3. for a minor - BOTH parents have to be there in person, with ID. No exceptions.
Can you let me know how long it takes after we pay for the courier.. it was mentioned 2 BD but it's past 2 BD and no airway bill number to follow up

syeah

Jan 6, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for opinion here on my situation.

I booked my travel tickets earlier this year for travel scheduled for 25-Nov and received my citizenship certificate on 15 September.

I will get my Canadian passport on 5-October now I am left with 50 calendar days to apply for indian passport surrender (3-4 weeks) followed by tourist visa (minimum 40 days for processing).
I believe there is grace period of 3 months in which one should surrender indian passport.

Had anyone travelled to India after acquiring Canadian citizenship with indian passport in lieu of visa?

Please share your experience or advice.

Thank you
Hi, I have travelled to India on a visa with CAD passport. I didn't surrender my indian passport at that time. hope this helps. My understanding is that if you travel to india after acquiring canadian citizenship- you will have issues returning back to canada by indian authorities. I may be completely wrong on this.