+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

testNewPlace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Can I apply for OCI without Canadian Passport ?

I am of the understanding that we can get Surrender Certificate(hope this is correct ?) without canadian passport - but need the passport for OCI.
How do you guys manage to get the passport with no travel plans ?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, For the surrender certificate I have a appointment booked under passport section for 40 Gillingham Drive , should I just cancel it ?

Thanks in advance
I suggest you go with existing passport appointment to bldg#60. If security guard questions it, tell them that there is no option for Passport Surrender so you booked appointment for passport.

yashpan

Jun 20, 2022
Can I apply for OCI without Canadian Passport ?

I am of the understanding that we can get Surrender Certificate(hope this is correct ?) without canadian passport - but need the passport for OCI.
How do you guys manage to get the passport with no travel plans ?
Canadian Passport and Citizenship Certificate are mandatory documents to be presented at BLS (Original Copy) for verification while submitting OCI application with self attested photocopies.

You can surrender Indian Passport without Canadian Passport if you can present your current visa status in Canada, check here for the list of required documents for acquiring surrender certificate :https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist-and-Information-Booklet-for-Surrender-Certificate.pdf

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied on 23rd August, OCI acknowledgement
02-SEP-2022

I am expecting this done by end of this month or hopefully start of next month. Tickets booked for End of October.

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Is there any time limit by them to pick it up? For how many days can we delay pickup?
Can be picked up to 90 days - this is what was mentioned on the receipt. We picked up after 2 weeks.

A few things to bear in mind as they make pick up not so easy -they would rather you pay the $30 per application for courier so they make money:

1. pick up times are 3-4:30 M-F (no saturdays at all)...they will strictly not allow you in after 4:30 even if you have been waiting in the line since 4. So get there early

2. OCI will only be handed in person to each applicant. So although my wife was able to apply for me, pick up has to be done by each person themself

3. for a minor - BOTH parents have to be there in person, with ID. No exceptions.

Reactions: softwaretesting

neoswim

Jul 28, 2019
Hi Friends,
Oci application for kid born in UAE. The UAE embassy CA attestation of birth certificate is required. Anyone knows how to contact UAE embassy for this job. They are almost inaccessible thru phone email or any other way. I do not have my kid’s Emirates ID to register online.

msgham

Sep 17, 2022
Applied on 23rd August, OCI acknowledgement
02-SEP-2022

I am expecting this done by end of this month or hopefully start of next month. Tickets booked for End of October.
We applied on August 26th. We still don't see acknowledgement on OCI website, on BLS site it shows application is being processed at Consulate General

supersurfer9

Aug 30, 2022
OCI timeline for minor application (citizen by birth) -

Date of submission : 16 Aug 2022
Date Of Acknowledgment18-AUG-2022
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn13-SEP-2022
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn13-SEP-2022

BLS Tracking :

Counter delivery to BLS calgary : 14 Sep 2022
Dispatched to Courier : 15 Sep 2022
Delivered to home : 16 Sep 2022

Reactions: nvpatel4u

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Today me & wife received OCI card but my son's is missing, not sure whats going on. Even BLS never provided any tracking number for me or my wife or my son. Its very strange. We all applied together via walkin in BLS Brampton.

Below is only there for my son
Application Status in BLS Site: (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Any one faced similar kind of issue earlier?

Last edited:

rodrash007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Hi All, For OCI - do the soft copies for online submission need to be self attested or just the hard copies during BLS submission? Also, for professional details do they need something printed on a company letterhead or a self prepared letter will do?

Last edited:

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
whats this status imply " (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) " , does that mean, oci has been delivered to BLS and is next stage is "ready for pickup"?

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats this status imply " (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) " , does that mean, oci has been delivered to BLS and is next stage is "ready for pickup"?
Hopefully yes, what's your timeline ?

syeah

Jan 6, 2019
For those tracking timelines-

Date of SubmissionTORONTOOn18-Aug-2022
Date of AcknowledgmentTORONTOOn29-Aug-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn19-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn20-SEP-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn20-SEP-2022

Reactions: CanadaDj

msgham

Sep 17, 2022
For those tracking timelines-

Date of SubmissionTORONTOOn18-Aug-2022
Date of AcknowledgmentTORONTOOn29-Aug-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn19-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn20-SEP-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn20-SEP-2022
Quick question : Did you submit your OCI application in North York or Brampton . Thanks