+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

Finally something good to report. I just checked the OCI portal and I see the date of acknowledgments is updated. Shows date as 09/14.

Application status - Under-Process.

So guess now it is just a waiting game.

Cheers,
NC
I have a follow up question for the pandits here....now that I have the acknowledgment date on OCI website as 09/14 what is a realistic timeline to get it.

I am traveling on 10/6 so wondering if I will get it by then! I have paid for the postal delivery option already but since I live in North York I can try to go and collect in person.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers,
NC

Reactions: AshR070591

Singhsimran12

Sep 14, 2022
I have a follow up question for the pandits here....now that I have the acknowledgment date on OCI website as 09/14 what is a realistic timeline to get it.

I am traveling on 10/6 so wondering if I will get it by then! I have paid for the postal delivery option already but since I live in North York I can try to go and collect in person.

Cheers,
NC
Buddy I am in the same boat as you got acknowledgment on Sept 01 and I am travelling Oct 04. Hopefully everything falls in place.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My BLS tracking updated with below,

Purolator tracking states estimated delivery of OCI tmrw

Additional Infomation

#CommentsOn
1Oci card dispatched purolator tracking number - *********2022-09-15 02:02:55

kskr

Feb 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

Finally something good to report. I just checked the OCI portal and I see the date of acknowledgments is updated. Shows date as 09/14.

Application status - Under-Process.

So guess now it is just a waiting game.

Cheers,
NC
Fantastic. I got mine too today. Shows as below
Date Of Acknowledgment 15-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
OCI Application Status UNDER-PROCESS

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Cheers,
NC
You can't make it. Postpone your ticket by 1 week to 10days

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
Date Of Acknowledgment25-AUG-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn15-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn16-SEP-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn16-SEP-2022

Last edited:
Reactions: Prez2015

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Buddy I am in the same boat as you got acknowledgment on Sept 01 and I am travelling Oct 04. Hopefully everything falls in place.
Fingers crossed at this point. Realistically speaking you still have a chance of making it. I am not sure if I even have an outside chance.

Keep us posted on your progress though so that gives a ball park estimate for others on the processing timelines.

Cheers,
NC

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Good afternoon Folks!

Sorry for for posting non OCI question. Don't know if there is thread for my questions.

Need to know what is the limit of money (cash Canadian Dollars) I can take with me while visiting India from Canada? is it equitant of 10, 000 US$ or something else?

Also, if I am taking more than 10,000? i have to declare to Indian Custom ? Do I have to pay tax/duties on that money. If yes, how much?

Would be great if anyone knows?

Thank you

Singhsimran12

Sep 14, 2022
Fingers crossed at this point. Realistically speaking you still have a chance of making it. I am not sure if I even have an outside chance.

Keep us posted on your progress though so that gives a ball park estimate for others on the processing timelines.

Cheers,
NC
For sure I’ll keep you posted. I believe there will be an update somewhere next week for my application according to other peoples timelines. Hope for the best.

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016

Cheers,
NC
I am in the same situation, for my newborn oci acknowledge date September 9th and travel date October 5th. But I did apply for entry visa and they started to process on September 6th and today visa status is ready for dispatch. I didn't want to take a chance as flight ticket change for 4 of us cost lots of money. You still have time for entry visa I think. You can try calling bls customer care and confirm.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Good afternoon Folks!

Sorry for for posting non OCI question. Don't know if there is thread for my questions.

Need to know what is the limit of money (cash Canadian Dollars) I can take with me while visiting India from Canada? is it equitant of 10, 000 US$ or something else?

Also, if I am taking more than 10,000? i have to declare to Indian Custom ? Do I have to pay tax/duties on that money. If yes, how much?

Would be great if anyone knows?

Thank you
Why would you carry so much cash?

Here is you answer between.
https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=22

Bringing in Foreign Exchange
  • You can bring into India foreign exchange without any limit. If, however, the value of foreign currency in cash exceeds US$ 5,000 and/or the cash plus TCs exceed US$ 10,000 it should be declared to the customs authorities at the airport in the currency declaration form (CDF), on arrival in India.

Reactions: Another-Immigrant

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
out of 3 applications, I see same update for two applications (wife & son) but for mine I see that Documents Printing Status as Processed and date is mentioned as 16-SEP-2022 , did anyone before had similar status, one application status different than other applications

Date Of Acknowledgment25-AUG-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn15-SEP-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn16-SEP-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn16-SEP-2022

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......