+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
Same here :)
It updated today as well. Dispatched from new delhi as 1st september.
Indeed our OCIs are getting printed at Delhi.
Date Of Acknowledgment04-JUL-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn31-AUG-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn01-SEP-2022
Document received AtOTTAWAOn06-SEP-2022

Did you get any reply after that? Do you know how many days it usually takes for the high commission to send the application back to BLS and from BLS to us?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Date Of Acknowledgment04-JUL-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn31-AUG-2022
Document received AtOTTAWAOn06-SEP-2022

Did you get any reply after that? Do you know how many days it usually takes for the high commission to send the application back to BLS and from BLS to us?
Based on what I have seen for Ottawa applications, it should take between 3-7 days to receive via pickup or courier.

They also send sometimes courier on specific days in a week from Ottawa to bls.
So hopefully we will see updated status tomorrow afternoon.

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
Based on what I have seen for Ottawa applications, it should take between 3-7 days to receive via pickup or courier.

They also send sometimes courier on specific days in a week from Ottawa to bls.
So hopefully we will see updated status tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks a lot for super fast reply. Hoping to get a response from BLS soon. :)

Reactions: Troy2245

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Stickers (counterfoils ) no longer stciked or pasted on OCI, this was discountinues long time back. I check the Link, the infrmation is outdated for sure.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/australia/visa_services/pdf/Important announcement for OCI Card holders regarding U-Visa stickers_171015.pdf

Important announcement for OCI Card holders regarding 'U' Visa stickers

It has been decided by the Government of India to dispense with the requirement of producing foreign passport containing the 'U' Visa sticker in the case of OCI Cardholders while they enter/exit India. Accordingly it is not henceforth mandatory to carry the foreign passport containing the 'U' Visa sticker for entry in to or exit from India.

For OCI applications lodged from 1st September 2015 onwards, applicants will be receiving only OCI cards and NO U-visa stickers. Therefore, they are not required to submit their foreign passports for stamping. OCI cards in respect of such applicants will be sent to their postal address.

Note: It is needless to mention that all OCI cardholders should strictly adhere to the requirement of travelling on a current valid passport accompanied by their OCI Card.
Thanks, so they won't also not ask to send or show the original canadian passport as well i guess ?

navi12

Dec 16, 2013
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JUL-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn01-SEP-2022
DOCUMETS RECIVED ATTORONTOOn01-SEP-2022
WE GOT FLIGHT TICKETS BOOKED FOR END OF THIS MONTH CALEED BLS TEHY SAID ITS WITH CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA THEY DID NOT SEND TO BLS YET TRIED TO CALL CONSULATE GENERAL NO RESPONE FROM THEM. HOW WE CAN CONTACT CONSULATE GENERAL FOR UPDATE.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
** Apologise but asking this question again, just to bring it on top of the thread**
Hi Experts,

One quick question, for applying surrender certificate, can I apply without a Canadian Passport, if yes, what do I need to write in the letter, and whom to address it? Please help.

Thank you,
G

Yes , you can.

No Specific format.

you can address it to the High commission Ottawa/CGI Toronto/ Vancover based on your Juridiction.

Reactions: GSHARMA05

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JUL-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn01-SEP-2022
DOCUMETS RECIVED ATTORONTOOn01-SEP-2022
WE GOT FLIGHT TICKETS BOOKED FOR END OF THIS MONTH CALEED BLS TEHY SAID ITS WITH CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA THEY DID NOT SEND TO BLS YET TRIED TO CALL CONSULATE GENERAL NO RESPONE FROM THEM. HOW WE CAN CONTACT CONSULATE GENERAL FOR UPDATE.

Looks like this take almost 6 days for Toronto Office to send OCI back Here is some one's time line from this thread

My journey is now complete, here is the timeline:

Date documents submitted at BLS: 29-AUG-2022
Date Of Acknowledgement
10-AUG-2022

Registration Status at Mission

TORONTO

Documents Printing Status

PROCESSED

On

31-AUG-2022

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )

NEW DELHI

On

31-AUG-2022

Document received At

TORONTO

On

31-AUG-2022

Date OCI delivered: 06-SEP-2022

Good luck to all who are in the process!

canadian.2014

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
@sundeep_s_ You can leave it BLANK but you do need to submit a letter in the below format and content.

To,

Consulate General of India,
365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Re: Self Declaration regarding not including Canadian passport with surrender certificate application.

I ____________________________ declare that I have not yet applied for a Canadian passport since becoming a citizen on ______________________. Due to this situation, I am unable to submit the same with Surrender Certificate application for Indian Passport.

Yours truly

Good Luck
@GSHARMA05 use this. I used the same and I got my surrender certificate from BLS brampton. Make sure you write to correct Consulate based on your location

Reactions: GSHARMA05

CanDreamerz

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
OINP: 01-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
05-05-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
25-10-2016
I did apply for entry visa on August 31st via postal. They acknowledged application on September 6th. My friend recently (couple of days before received in hand) got entry visa in less than two weeks. Her application was walk in at Toronto. My travel date is October 5th. I did call bls customer care before I applied and they told me it will take 14 working days to process.
When I called the bls, their customer service representative wasn't aware of the new 45 day timeline as well.
Having said that, it may get processed under 45 days as well. It used to take 5-7 days until 2 weeks before.

The new processing time is also updated in the below links.
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/entry-visa.php
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/visa-entry/

gingerboo

Mar 21, 2019
Hi, all

I am applying for OCI. Required document indicates for employment letter. I am self employed so, what should i mention in self employment letter.

Thank you in advance.

agarwal.lalit91

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I got an appointment next week at BLS Toronto. The problem is that I was able to get a single appointment only. Will my wife and I both be able to submit our applications with one appointment? Has anyone had any experience with this recently?

Edit: Both of them are OCI applications btw

Last edited: