+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

kalaisuresh

Sep 7, 2022
Hi, I had submitted a postal application which was received in Brampton office for the processing of OCI. Below are the processing timelines.

Question: For IN PERSON pickup of OCI document, should I go to Brampton office or Toronto office? If in case it's Brampton office, are they open for pickup on Saturday from between 3-4.30pm?

Anyone's assistance will be very useful.

Registration status at Mission - Toronto
Application acknowledgement on BLs site - 2 August
Application acknowledgement on OCI gov site- 17 August.
Application processed and on printing status - 07 September
Dispatched from MEA New Delhi - 07 September
documents received at Toronto - 07 September

However, I am still waiting for an update on BLS website and it displays "Processing at indian consulate general"

Thanks in advance.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Citynews Montreal conducted an interview with a Montrealer who has been waiting since 5 years. There are so many racist comments on the video, let's go there and comment something positive to show our support.

Reactions: anandg12

inlandPRfeb17

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
No, we don't need to . I had shared the physical photo in an envelope.
This might be another silly question but how did you upload the exact same physical photo in the online application?

This is what I read on the checklist:
"Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form"

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
This might be another silly question but how did you upload the exact same physical photo in the online application?

This is what I read on the checklist:
"Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form"
Ordered a digital copy of that same photograph.

Reactions: inlandPRfeb17

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Hey All, when I went to book an appointment for BLS Toronto using the online tool, slots are full until Dec 12th. Does Toronto accept walk-ins? Does anybody have any experience? Please advise.

kalaisuresh

Sep 7, 2022
Hi, Can someone assist me on this.

For a postal application (OCI) package sent to Brampton office, the IN PERSON pickup of OCI document will be from Brampton office or Toronto office?

If in case it's Brampton office, are they open for pickup on Saturday from between 3-4.30pm?

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi Experts,

One quick question, for applying surrender certificate, can I apply without a Canadian Passport, if yes, what do I need to write in the letter, and whom to address it? Please help.

Thank you,
G

CanDreamerz

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
OINP: 01-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
05-05-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
25-10-2016
Did anyone apply for a visa recently through BLS Toronto or Brampton? How long does it take to get the visa processed now?
I have applied for tourist visa (not entry visa) on 3rd Sept, still under processing. Entry visa is currently taking ~45 days.

Reactions: jagadishgandhi

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I have applied for tourist visa (not entry visa) on 3rd Sept, still under processing. Entry visa is currently taking ~45 days.
I did apply for entry visa on August 31st via postal. They acknowledged application on September 6th. My friend recently (couple of days before received in hand) got entry visa in less than two weeks. Her application was walk in at Toronto. My travel date is October 5th. I did call bls customer care before I applied and they told me it will take 14 working days to process.

Reactions: jagadishgandhi

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
I have a question for those who applied OCI minor application in Ottawa.
After OCI is dispatched from india to ottawa, does the high commission ask for the original canadian passport ?
As per their site https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=26 it mentions
"Applicants will be required to produce the original Canadian passport at a later stage when the 'Life Long Visa Sticker' is received by us from India"

Last edited:

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
I have a question for those who applied OCI minor application in Ottawa.
After OCI is dispatched from india to ottawa, does the high commission ask for the original canadian passport ?
As per their site https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=26 it mentions
"Applicants will be required to produce the original Canadian passport at a later stage when the 'Life Long Visa Sticker' is received by us from India"
Stickers (counterfoils ) no longer stciked or pasted on OCI, this was discountinues long time back. I check the Link, the infrmation is outdated for sure.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/australia/visa_services/pdf/Important announcement for OCI Card holders regarding U-Visa stickers_171015.pdf

Important announcement for OCI Card holders regarding 'U' Visa stickers

It has been decided by the Government of India to dispense with the requirement of producing foreign passport containing the 'U' Visa sticker in the case of OCI Cardholders while they enter/exit India. Accordingly it is not henceforth mandatory to carry the foreign passport containing the 'U' Visa sticker for entry in to or exit from India.

For OCI applications lodged from 1st September 2015 onwards, applicants will be receiving only OCI cards and NO U-visa stickers. Therefore, they are not required to submit their foreign passports for stamping. OCI cards in respect of such applicants will be sent to their postal address.

Note: It is needless to mention that all OCI cardholders should strictly adhere to the requirement of travelling on a current valid passport accompanied by their OCI Card.

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
** Apologise but asking this question again, just to bring it on top of the thread**
Hi Experts,

One quick question, for applying surrender certificate, can I apply without a Canadian Passport, if yes, what do I need to write in the letter, and whom to address it? Please help.

Thank you,
G