+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I have a follow up question...does the acknowledgement come through as an email or is the CANT0XXXXXXX number from the online submission serve as the acknowledgement number to track on the oci enquiry?
There is no acknowledgement through email (or at least in my case), use CANTXXXXX to track it should work.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

Cap309

Oct 12, 2020
Hello everyone, I applied for OCI x 4 for my family on the 17th of August at BLS Brampton, when I check the status on the BLS website it states "Processing at the Consulate" but when I check at https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury with my Canadian Passport it says No Such Record Found. Am I doing something wrong? I must travel on the 24th of October, should I be worried?
Based on my observation of the post by other members, you should be able to see status of your file today or tomorrow in OCI website & if everyting is alright you should be getting your OCI card late by 2nd week of Oct (5 to 6 week after Acknowledgement in OCI website).

Reactions: Sudaksh

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
I have 3 applications with one day difference with your Acknowledgement date. Ours 5th July 2022. Walk in at BLS Montreal. We are under Same Jurisdiction, which is one of the slowest and need to be Patient, we may see some updates this / next week , Stay Positive .

BLS may not be able to help on anything as the Application will be processed by the High commission but yes we can always try the possible sources. Hope we all get an update for the OCI soon. Wish you Good Luck

Here is My timeline as of now.
OCI Status-Report
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 25/08/2022 04:37 AM IST)
Applicant NameALEX
File Reference NumberCANO00XXXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUL-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Hi Alex, Any updates on your side? No updates at my end. I emailed BLS and they said they escalated my case and need 48hrs to get back to me. I also emailed a person called Rajesh Ranjan, he simply said it might take more time so apply for a Entry Visa . This is bad. They didn’t even give the reason for the delay and they didn’t tell me approx when the application would be processed.

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hi Alex, Any updates on your side? No updates at my end. I emailed BLS and they said they escalated my case and need 48hrs to get back to me. I also emailed a person called Rajesh Ranjan, he simply said it might take more time so apply for a Entry Visa . This is bad. They didn’t even give the reason for the delay and they didn’t tell me approx when the application would be processed.
Not worth it.
Entry visa processing time is more than 45 days. Do they even make sense?
At that point, you would have received your OCI already unless they plan to process it for next 3 months or so. :mad:

printing machine is broken - Go and buy a new one with the amount they are charging.

supersurfer9

Aug 30, 2022
Minor application for OCI who's a Canadian citizen by birth.

BLS : Calgary, Walk-in
Date of submission : Aug 16, 2022
DOA : Aug 18, 2022
Mission : Vancouver

I made a couple of mistakes in my OCI application for my son.

1. I forgot to upload my wife's passport in the documents upload. Only uploaded mine. I can't reupload her passport copy as the application is already registered at Mission Vancouver. However, I have submitted her passport copy along with mine at BLS center.
2. On my son's passport, Issuing Authority was 'Calgary-South' but in the Place of issue on OCI application, I put 'Calgary'.

Would the above reasons be a cause of rejection?

Do you think HCI Vancouver would contact me to upload the Wife's passport copy.

Please assist. I am very worried as the travel date is in Oct 1st week.

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
Minor application for OCI who's a Canadian citizen by birth.

BLS : Calgary, Walk-in
Date of submission : Aug 16, 2022
DOA : Aug 18, 2022
Mission : Vancouver

I made a couple of mistakes in my OCI application for my son.

1. I forgot to upload my wife's passport in the documents upload. Only uploaded mine. I can't reupload her passport copy as the application is already registered at Mission Vancouver. However, I have submitted her passport copy along with mine at BLS center.
2. On my son's passport, Issuing Authority was 'Calgary-South' but in the Place of issue on OCI application, I put 'Calgary'.

Would the above reasons be a cause of rejection?

Do you think HCI Vancouver would contact me to upload the Wife's passport copy.

Please assist. I am very worried as the travel date is in Oct 1st week.
@supersurfer9 don't need to worry, They will send you email for missing documents, or you could call support center (7786524855) and request for additional document pick up for (around $25) on that envelop you can mention Please add these additional document to existing App Reference number (CANV0######).

Its all good.

Last edited:

mogly

Star Member
May 10, 2012
vancouver
Doc's Request.
24-03-2020
This means you will get your oci card in your hand probably in one week.
I called customer call center. They mentioned that OCI has been stamped, dispatched from VANCOUVER consulate to BLS Center @surrey, Process is to verify it at BLS Center and send to Applicant address later.

This looks like delay or redundant travel (waste of time) just for the purpose of verification before they send the final copy to Applicant.

May be another week delay, watch out for this. You can work it out with BLS center to pick up if you can't wait for another day or 2.

supersurfer9

Aug 30, 2022
@supersurfer9 don't need to worry, They will send you email for missing documents, or you could call support center (7786524855) and request for additional document pick up for (around $25) on that envelop you can mention Please add these additional document to existing App Reference number (CANV0######).

Its all good.
Thanks for reply. Actually I have provided passport copy of my wife while submission already . It's just that I didn't upload the copy online

nipuns1

Star Member
Nov 8, 2012
canada
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
hi

i have some some questions regarding fresh OCI application

1) can i upload a self attested letter with paystubs instead of the employer letter in the online application ?
2) what originals have to be sent with the purolator courier service ?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

i have some some questions regarding fresh OCI application

1) can i upload a self attested letter with paystubs instead of the employer letter in the online application ?
2) what originals have to be sent with the purolator courier service ?

1) Employment Letter is not required, it's optional, they are not even questioning it, no need to upload in the online application window- just skip it.
2) Original Indian Passport (Cancelled), Original Canadian Passport is required to be sent

Reactions: nipuns1
May 9, 2022
Hello Friends,
is COPR required to be attached along with the application ?
The checklist didn't mention about the same, and I haven't included it along with my application.

supersurfer9

Aug 30, 2022
Thanks for reply. Actually I have provided passport copy of my wife while submission already . It's just that I didn't upload the copy online
would it still be a problem ? does HCI need online copy of my wife's passport or photocopy submitted at BLS should be fine ?
Also, Place of issue I put' Calgary' on OCI application whereas Issuing authority is 'Calgary-South'.

WOuld it be a problem ?