+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Sure. But what are they printing with the printing machine at the high commission that's causing the delays is very confusing to me. OCI printing happens in Delhi. :)
No idea bud. Either it is the truth or it is not.
But I believe they won't lie. It is from officials at high commission.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
No idea bud. Either it is the truth or it is not.
But I believe they won't lie. It is from officials at high commission.
Yes. Contrary to what the application status says online, the printing of OCI happens at the local consulate. So for people applying in and around Toronto, the OCI is printed in Toronto and signed by the Consulate General of India in Toronto. Which currently is Apurva Vishwas, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Yes. Contrary to what the application status says online, the printing of OCI happens at the local consulate. So for people applying in and around Toronto, the OCI is printed in Toronto and signed by the Consulate General of India in Toronto. Which currently is Apurva Vishwas, if I recall correctly.
Exactly!!

I don't know the so called experts in this thread claimed that it is printed in 'New Delhi' just because it said in OCI website, it is processed in ND.
It is not. Some kind of verification is done over there and that's all. Printing happens here in different consulates.

I mean it is so easy to make out. The processing date and time and dispatched to local consulates reflects the same. So obviously there is no way shipping happens so fast + confirmed from officials at high commission that printing is done here locally except Ottawa jurisdiction (Super slow processing) (Printing machine is broken) and they are physically printing and shipping it to Canada from New Delhi.

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Thank you experts for letting me know the process. :)

I have spoken to some of my friends who got their OCI through Ottawa and told me that the printing happens in Delhi. I really did not know the backstory of the Printing scene, that's why all the confusion.

What is the current processing times for Ottawa? Since not many people are mentioning about Ottawa Jurisdiction comparting to Toronto.

Thanks in advance!

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017

I have spoken to some of my friends who got their OCI through Ottawa and told me that the printing happens in Delhi. I really did not know the backstory of the Printing scene, that's why all the confusion.

What is the current processing times for Ottawa? Since not many people are mentioning about Ottawa Jurisdiction comparting to Toronto.

Thanks in advance!
Not directed towards you :)

I completed 5 weeks now since submission.
There are folks who completed 8 weeks and waiting for the process to be over.
The processing time at Ottawa is 6-8 weeks, they need to update it.

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Not directed towards you :)

I completed 5 weeks now since submission.
There are folks who completed 8 weeks and waiting for the process to be over.
The processing time at Ottawa is 6-8 weeks, they need to update it.
I got my Acknowledgement on the 1st of August. I have travel plans on the 2nd of October. I really hope I get my OCI before that time. :)

Reactions: Troy2245

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015

Thanks in advance!
When you eventually get your OCI, just check who has signed on it. If it was signed and stamped at Ottawa, then it means it was printed locally. I have renewed my passport a couple of times, and also gotten OCI for my kid. They were all printed, signed, and stamped at CGI, Toronto.

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
When you eventually get your OCI, just check who has signed on it. If it was signed and stamped at Ottawa, then it means it was printed locally. I have renewed my passport a couple of times, and also gotten OCI for my kid. They were all printed, signed, and stamped at CGI, Toronto.
I checked my surrender passport stamp and it was done at Ottawa High Commission. Ill be sure to check it for OCI. Thank you!

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
1. Highly likely no, as your application is accepted by BLS.
2. My best guess, you will see your application on the OCI website on Monday 29th (if not by Tuesday it should be there)
3. Same as in person.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I have a follow up question...does the acknowledgement come through as an email or is the CANT0XXXXXXX number from the online submission serve as the acknowledgement number to track on the oci enquiry?

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I have a follow up question...does the acknowledgement come through as an email or is the CANT0XXXXXXX number from the online submission serve as the acknowledgement number to track on the oci enquiry?
I haven't received any acknowledgement in the email. I checked it on the OCI enquiry page. :)

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

Sudaksh

Jun 29, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied for OCI x 4 for my family on the 17th of August at BLS Brampton, when I check the status on the BLS website it states "Processing at the Consulate" but when I check at https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury with my Canadian Passport it says No Such Record Found. Am I doing something wrong? I must travel on the 24th of October, should I be worried?

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied for OCI x 4 for my family on the 17th of August at BLS Brampton, when I check the status on the BLS website it states "Processing at the Consulate" but when I check at https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury with my Canadian Passport it says No Such Record Found. Am I doing something wrong? I must travel on the 24th of October, should I be worried?
For me I applied on 6th Aug (walkin) BLS Brampton and its updated in OCI website on 23rd Aug.

Reactions: Sudaksh