+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Cap309

Oct 12, 2020
I applied on Aug 12th in person at BLS Brampton and my DOA is Aug 26th. What are the chances me receiving OCI by end of September? I am planning to go to India on October 7th.
Can u see the status of your file in OCI website (Not BLS tracker)? I feel your time line is tight by 1 week.

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
I applied on Aug 12th in person at BLS Brampton and my DOA is Aug 26th. What are the chances me receiving OCI by end of September? I am planning to go to India on October 7th.
Exact same dates for my son's application and our flight to India is on 7th as well.
Here is my best guess and treat this as a grain of salt (this is based on what I have read here and my application), the application will likely be processed (on OCI website) during the week of 19th Sept and expected to get his OCI during the week of Sept 26th.
Again, all of the above dates are pure speculation, I was even considering visiting the Consulate Office to see if they can push the application. But, I personally don't think I need to do it and I will get it before Oct 7th.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
@alex the king Still there are no updates in my status. It is still Under Process. And there wont be any updates for next two days. Probably, I have to reschedule my flight ticket from Sep 5 to some other date.
Sorry to hear this , it is very close, 50-50, but yes on the safe side postponing the travel will be a good idea, at least for our Jurisdiction based on the people who got OCI. We have maximum buffer until mid September to get OCI. I am expecting between end of the August to middle of the September.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Sorry to hear this , it is very close, 50-50, but yes on the safe side postponing the travel will be a good idea, at least for our Jurisdiction based on the people who got OCI. We have maximum buffer until mid September to get OCI. I am expecting between end of the August to middle of the September.
Jeez you submitted on 30th June :eek: and still haven't received it?
I left exactly 9 weeks from submission date until date of travel.
Ottawa jurisdiction man! :(

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Hi Folks,

What does this status message mean - "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping"? Can I go and pick up now?

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum and was trying to find the answers to my questions but somehow couldn't figure it out. Guess I am a bit confused about the OCI process.

I already filled out the online form at on the CGI website , uploaded all the documents asked for and printed that out.

Prepared a bunch with all the relevant documents (I was told originals not needed for postal applications!) along with 2 drafts sent the bunch to BLS using Purolator. Currently the status on the BLS website shows as "Processing at Consulate General" with the date of 13-08-2022.

When I try to search the OCI Enquiry on the OCI website with my printed form number and passport it says no such record found.

I have the following questions:
  1. Will I need to show/verify originals at any point?
  2. Is it normal to not be able to find the record on the OCI website/ how many days does it take for the application to show up there?
  3. What is the acknowledgment process for postal applications?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Jeez you submitted on 30th June :eek: and still haven't received it?
I left exactly 9 weeks from submission date until date of travel.
Ottawa jurisdiction man! :(
Unfortunately we got the worst Jurisdiction. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Troy2245

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum and was trying to find the answers to my questions but somehow couldn't figure it out. Guess I am a bit confused about the OCI process.

I already filled out the online form at on the CGI website , uploaded all the documents asked for and printed that out.

Prepared a bunch with all the relevant documents (I was told originals not needed for postal applications!) along with 2 drafts sent the bunch to BLS using Purolator. Currently the status on the BLS website shows as "Processing at Consulate General" with the date of 13-08-2022.

When I try to search the OCI Enquiry on the OCI website with my printed form number and passport it says no such record found.

I have the following questions:
  1. Will I need to show/verify originals at any point?
  2. Is it normal to not be able to find the record on the OCI website/ how many days does it take for the application to show up there?
  3. What is the acknowledgment process for postal applications?
1. Highly likely no, as your application is accepted by BLS.
2. My best guess, you will see your application on the OCI website on Monday 29th (if not by Tuesday it should be there)
3. Same as in person.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

stuff14

Jun 20, 2021
I got the acknowledgement on OCI website on Aug 25. When can I expect my surrendered Indian passport to be returned. TO Jurisdiction. Also, when they send the Indian passport back, is there any way to track the same ?

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Lucky you and all other folks at other consulates.

Ottawa is taking 8 weeks literally and beyond to process these with lame reason that OCI printing machine is broken. Really hard to believe if that is the truth.
Same story since June of this year.
Not sure who is giving the broken printer reason, cause they don't print the OCI here. Delhi does it and ships it across.

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
I got the acknowledgement on OCI website on Aug 25. When can I expect my surrendered Indian passport to be returned. TO Jurisdiction. Also, when they send the Indian passport back, is there any way to track the same ?
You can expect it by this week.
Check BLS tracking page or the Purolator website (use your file number to track CANTXXXXXX to track on both).

Reactions: stuff14