+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
My date of acknowledgement is 03 Aug, so I'm on my third week of waiting as well.

It usually takes 4 weeks for Toronto jursidiction from date of acknowledgement from reading through the posts here.
Anyone with 3rd Aug AOR likely your application got processed today because mine did.

Reactions: mumbaikar

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
If you submitted the application in person, the chances of further documents being requested are less since the first-level verification has already happened by officers at BLS
thanks!! its just I read here , for some one they have asked for the additional documents!! As per pamphlet on the BLS Notice board, Adult OCI online applications requires just 4 docs uploaded in OCI portal
1. Canada Passport
2. India Passport
3. COPR
4. Marriage certificate

for Minors:
1. Canada passport
2. India Passport
3.COPR

some one said , they were asked to upload birth certificate for minors, I don't see that document mentioned in BLS pamphlet and neither the person at the counter mentioned anything about the birth certificate , its confusing on what's required and what's not
I don't think so. If they need any thing they can ask you.
thanks!!

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
thanks!! its just I read here , for some one they have asked for the additional documents!! As per pamphlet on the BLS Notice board, Adult OCI online applications requires just 4 docs uploaded in OCI portal
1. Canada Passport
2. India Passport
3. COPR
4. Marriage certificate

for Minors:
1. Canada passport
2. India Passport
3.COPR

some one said , they were asked to upload birth certificate for minors, I don't see that document mentioned in BLS pamphlet and neither the person at the counter mentioned anything about the birth certificate , its confusing on what's required and what's not

thanks!!
It was me (I think), I believe we're talking two different cases-
1. If the child is born in India (that's what you're talking about)
2. If the child is born outside India (my case)

Check line n (under Type C) in the below checklist:
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

Reactions: Prez2015

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi All . Anyone used their Indian passport to travel within 3 months of getting Canadian citizenship?? Mea website says the following.

A grace period of three months only is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on Indian passport and hence no penalty will be levied for travel on Indian passport within three months of acquisition of foreign passport.
No one's reported doing this here, given that penalties / fines are involved. Also, if you choose to travel to India on an Indian passport, how will you return to Canada, even if you have a Canadian passport? The immigration officer in India will look for an arrival date on your Canadian passport, if you show that for return. Not sure what purpose would it serve to travel to a country that allows visa free entry for Canadians using an Indian passport.

I wouldn't trust this line on the MEA website. Reading it carefully, acquiring a foreign citizenship is not the same as acquiring a foreign passport.

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Hello,

I will be applying for OCI in coming week or so at BLS Brampton , i have following questions if anyone can answer that will be helpful.

As i understand if its just name split in Indian passport vs Canadian passport then you just need affidavit , correct?

Actually change happened at the time of Landing as PR , officer changed in landing paper and accordingly PR card had that too.

Indian Passport

Surname : Blank
Given Name : XXXX YYYYY

Canadian Passport
Surname : YYYYY
GIiven Name : XXXX

Is following format looks good to you guys?

I, XXXX YYYY of <<ADDRESS>> , born on <<Date of Birth>> , solemnly declare that I am the same individual as stated in the following documents:
Cancelled Indian Passport No. TTTTTTT Given Name: XXXX YYYY Surname:
Canadian Passport No. PPPPPP Given Name: XXXX Surname: YYYY
I make this Affidavit to declare the inconsistencies with the names indicated on my documents.
AND I make this solemn declaration, conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

_______________________________ _______________________
Applicant’s Signature Date

NOTARY PUBLIC/LAWYER INFORMATION:
Declared or Sworn before me at ______________ in the province of _____________ on the date _______________.

Notary public/Lawyer signature and address

Also did anyone went for walkin to BLS Brampton recently , i read on this thread that if you go early at 7am then they will take few walkins(without appointment) or after 12pm , is that still correct? for OCI its 40 Gillingham Dr or 60 Gillingham Dr ?

Looking forward for answers on above questions

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012

Date Of Acknowledgement

03-AUG-2022

Registration Status at Mission

TORONTO

Documents Printing Status

PROCESSED

On

25-AUG-2022

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )

NEW DELHI

On

25-AUG-2022

Document received At

TORONTO

On

25-AUG-2022

Reactions: Troy2245 and ivikas

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020

Date Of Acknowledgement

03-AUG-2022

TORONTO

PROCESSED

On

25-AUG-2022

NEW DELHI

On

25-AUG-2022

Document received At

TORONTO

On

25-AUG-2022
All dates are same for me as well.

Reactions: mumbaikar

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
Hello,

I will be applying for OCI in coming week or so at BLS Brampton , i have following questions if anyone can answer that will be helpful.

As i understand if its just name split in Indian passport vs Canadian passport then you just need affidavit , correct?

Actually change happened at the time of Landing as PR , officer changed in landing paper and accordingly PR card had that too.

Indian Passport

Canadian Passport

I, XXXX YYYY of <<ADDRESS>> , born on <<Date of Birth>> , solemnly declare that I am the same individual as stated in the following documents:
I make this Affidavit to declare the inconsistencies with the names indicated on my documents.
AND I make this solemn declaration, conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

Declared or Sworn before me at ______________ in the province of _____________ on the date _______________.

Also did anyone went for walkin to BLS Brampton recently , i read on this thread that if you go early at 7am then they will take few walkins(without appointment) or after 12pm , is that still correct? for OCI its 40 Gillingham Dr or 60 Gillingham Dr ?

Your letter is good.
Based on what I have read in this group and personal experience, go to BLS Brampton location (if you can)- even 8ish is fine. But Toronto location is shit show (you need to be as early as 4am or earlier to be done by noonish, any walkin after 7ish is just pure luck( depending on the day))

Reactions: letstry21

Cap309

Oct 12, 2020
Hello,

Indian Passport

Canadian Passport

For OCI you need to go to 40 Gillingham Dr. Walkin are accepted between 8 to 1:30, if you will be in queue at 7 than you should be done by 9. They are very strict about timing & will not let anyone in sharp at 1:30.

Reactions: letstry21

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017

Date Of Acknowledgement

03-AUG-2022

TORONTO

PROCESSED

On

25-AUG-2022

NEW DELHI

On

25-AUG-2022

Document received At

TORONTO

On

25-AUG-2022
Lucky you and all other folks at other consulates.

Ottawa is taking 8 weeks literally and beyond to process these with lame reason that OCI printing machine is broken. Really hard to believe if that is the truth.
Same story since June of this year.

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Thanks @ivikas and @Cap309 for answering my question , i will keep everyone posted about how it goes for me , so it can help people in future.

Reactions: ivikas

varungandhi91

Aug 26, 2022
I applied on Aug 12th in person at BLS Brampton and my DOA is Aug 26th. What are the chances me receiving OCI by end of September? I am planning to go to India on October 7th.

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
I have 3 applications with one day difference with your Acknowledgement date. Ours 5th July 2022. Walk in at BLS Montreal. We are under Same Jurisdiction, which is one of the slowest and need to be Patient, we may see some updates this / next week , Stay Positive .

BLS may not be able to help on anything as the Application will be processed by the High commission but yes we can always try the possible sources. Hope we all get an update for the OCI soon. Wish you Good Luck

Here is My timeline as of now.
OCI Status-Report
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 25/08/2022 04:37 AM IST)
Applicant NameALEX
File Reference NumberCANO00XXXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUL-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
@alex the king Still there are no updates in my status. It is still Under Process. And there wont be any updates for next two days. Probably, I have to reschedule my flight ticket from Sep 5 to some other date.