+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nitroglit

Jul 25, 2022
I am now able to track my application id on purolator! picked up.
& the status on BLS portal is now "(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) "
Have you received it?
I see mine is stuck at Purolator :-o.

Still waiting to receive my OCI and my travel date is in 3 days :-(

Candidpnp

Jul 4, 2017
On CGI website it is mentioned as $35 for pick & drop. I had paid $35 just for drop-off. Not sure if CGI website is not updated, or if BLS is cheating with us.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/bls-service-charges/
It may have changed considering inflation and other factors. But thank you for sharing this in the forum, it will be useful reference for someone who is planning to send the Surender certificate through postal services.

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
OCI application, postal submission to BLS Brampton by purolator (charged $52CAD for to and fro together).

No originals; only self attested photocopies of Canadian passport, citizenship certificate, Address proof (driving license), employment letter, surrender certificate, cancelled indian passport, copr (didn't ask for it) and marriage certificate.

Application reached at Brampton : 15 July 2022
Acknowledgement (in BLS) : 20 July 2022, status: underprocess
BLS status : 22 July 2022, status: Processing at Consulate General
Acknowledgement Date (by online OCI services) : 03 August 2022; status: UNDER-PROCESS

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
This is for both pick up and drop off included. If it’s only one way, it could be half.
Yeah that's what I thought. But thanks for sharing :)

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
On CGI website it is mentioned as $35 for pick & drop. I had paid $35 just for drop-off. Not sure if CGI website is not updated, or if BLS is cheating with us.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/bls-service-charges/
No I don't think it's changed. Just the babu sitting at the desk playing it safe so he's not blamed in case it costs more and BLS incurrs a loss.

The way the babu sees it - 5 bucks here and there makes no difference to the ordinary applicant but a $5 profit for every applicant is a huge side profit for BLS for free.

These people are deliberately opaque and circuitous because it's legitimized corruption.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I don't think it's changed. Just the babu sitting at the desk playing it safe so he's not blamed in case it costs more and BLS incurrs a loss.

The way the babu sees it - 5 bucks here and there makes no difference to the ordinary applicant but a $5 profit for every applicant is a huge side profit for BLS for free.

These people are deliberately opaque and circuitous because it's legitimized corruption.
Right, & they have not given me details in receipt for these additional charges (drop-off, Photograph etc).

Reactions: ms453

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Have you received it?
I see mine is stuck at Purolator :-o.

Still waiting to receive my OCI and my travel date is in 3 days :-(
Hey, yes.. I finally have my OCI. The purolator guy left the notice to my door and didn’t ring the bell haha. But luckily it was left at a store near by for pickup and I was able to go get it around 7 PM today.
Marks the end of a journey. I hope you get yours soon too.

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hey, yes.. I finally have my OCI. The purolator guy left the notice to my door and didn’t ring the bell haha. But luckily it was left at a store near by for pickup and I was able to go get it around 7 PM today.
Marks the end of a journey. I hope you get yours soon too.
Congratulations Sundeep. I posted earlier today about having some issues filling the online application. Hope you could guide me what to do.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Congratulations Sundeep. I posted earlier today about having some issues filling the online application. Hope you could guide me what to do.
Hi I used chrome and everything worked fine for me? not sure what your issue is? I sent you another message in conversations.. check that.

Reactions: Edifytech

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hello! a question for the applicants who used Purolator courier for sending their OCI application to BLS Brampton- I am trying to pay for the shipping label and I am getting a cost of $92.70 with one pickup and 2 drop offs. I am not sure if this is correct as it should be for just one pick and one drop off. Any help would be much appreciated!

PICK UP 1 $30.00
EXPRESS DROP OFF 1 $30.00
ORGINAL DROP OFF 1 $30.00
CONVENIENCE FEE $2.70
TOTAL $92.70

agarwal.lalit91

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I had booked an appointment at BLS for the end of August but now I see an appointment after two weeks. I cancelled my original appointment but when I am trying to book a new appt., I am getting the following error. Has anyone faced a similar issue and got it resolved?

"You have already booked an appointment with this passport number in last seven days. Please cancel existing for further booking with the same passport number"

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I had booked an appointment at BLS for the end of August but now I see an appointment after two weeks. I cancelled my original appointment but when I am trying to book a new appt., I am getting the following error. Has anyone faced a similar issue and got it resolved?

"You have already booked an appointment with this passport number in last seven days. Please cancel existing for further booking with the same passport number"
Yes, I saw that message but it was gone when I cancelled my original appointment.

If you are facing it even after cancelling original appointment, I suggest to book this one with wrong passport details & save the information. Then next week cancel that wrong appointment & book again with correct passport details.