+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nitroglit

Jul 25, 2022
I am now able to track my application id on purolator! picked up.
& the status on BLS portal is now "(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) "
Great.., you will get to see it finally :)
I could see my status changed to "(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)". But i could not see it in Purolator yet.

Reactions: sundeep_s_

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
@plzhelpme Yes, BLS Montreal is accepting walk-in applicants. But just make sure to go around 6-6:30 in the morning else you will be waiting there for 4 to 5 hours.

It is better to go visit BLS instead of using courier services as when you visit BLS to submit your application they are not keeping any of the original documents, they will return them to you right away. Whereas when using courier service, you need to send original documents.
Perfect thanks so much, it helps. Basically no need to worry about if I cannot find an appointment, I just show up early that's all.
Can I PM you?

Gracious Chap

Jul 11, 2022
Did a walk in for OCI at Brampton BLS last week. Initially stood in a wrong queue at building 60, later moved to 40, what a wait.
Wanted to check with you guys, notices there said COPR is needed. I did not upload mine on the portal and the staff said it is fine. I hope it is not sent back. What is the procedure if it is sent back/asked for Copr later?
I did not upload or provided COPR! No issues!

Reactions: sudeep11787

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Hi Guys ...quick question .

I went to RBC Branch to get a Bank Draft ( $345) for my OCI Application favoring "The Consulate General of India - Toronto"

However , the bank person told me their Software cannot accommodate this big name and I need to truncate it to "The Consulate General of India - Tor"
this is the max possible as per their system. Has anyone faced this problem or should I go to some other bank where they can accommodate the full name in their draft?

Thx

MTLasalle

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019

I went to RBC Branch to get a Bank Draft ( $345) for my OCI Application favoring "The Consulate General of India - Toronto"

However , the bank person told me their Software cannot accommodate this big name and I need to truncate it to "The Consulate General of India - Tor"
this is the max possible as per their system. Has anyone faced this problem or should I go to some other bank where they can accommodate the full name in their draft?

Thx
@taekwondo i got my drafts from TD, they were able to print full name “ The High Commission of India Ottawa” on the draft.

Gracious Chap

Jul 11, 2022

Thx
TD. That's where I got it from!

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
@taekwondo i got my drafts from TD, they were able to print full name “ The High Commission of India Ottawa” on the draft.
The High Commission of India Ottawa is same character as RBC is getting after trimming Toronto to TOR . So I am not sure if this is the limitation at RBC or all banks kinda 36 Characters . Thanks for responding

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
TD. That's where I got it from!
Given you went to Brampton ...I assume its Toronto . So TD can accommodate full name and RBC has put some character restrictions. I dont have account with TD ...let me try going to Scotia where I have another account.

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
My Wife in the meantime was able to catch someone from BLS Call Centre and they told her this is a standard problem and asked her to remove "The " from full name eg get draft in the name of "Consulate General of India - Toronto"

Can they be trusted ?? Anyone not with TD and faced similar problem for Toronto?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
@CanEuro I submitted my application for OCI last week. You do not need any affidavit or anything. You just need to fill the online application using same information as in your current Canadian passport i.i. First Name as "XXX" and your Surname name as in your passport.

I applied for Indian Visa in Feb 2022, I did the same for that Visa application. I got visa without any issues.
I'm just curious, why is your first name XXX? is it a cultural thing where you don't have a first name? or was it a mistake in your first passport and kept getting carried forward to avoid the pain of correcting it in multiple places?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
If we go walk in at BLS, can we not pay like by debit, DD is must for OCI?
Yes, for OCI, DD is a must. They wont accept debit or credit.