+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
ottawa applicant: tierd of checking the status daily, looking forward for tourist visa. have anyone applied for tourist visa from ottawa, or bls montreal recently?
can you please share the timeline.
TIA.
When did you apply? Date of acknowledgment?

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
Hi all,

1) Do we need to carry self-attested photocopies of documents for OCI walk-in submission at BLS Toronto?
2) Do we upload scanned self-attested photocopies or scanned originals on the OCI portal?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hi all,

1) Do we need to carry self-attested photocopies of documents for OCI walk-in submission at BLS Toronto?
2) Do we upload scanned self-attested photocopies or scanned originals on the OCI portal?
When I went in for a walk-in submission, I was told that nothing needs to be self-attested.
Even the documents I uploaded on OCI portal were not self-attested.

Reactions: Gks87

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I just got my OCI Passport booklet by drop off Purolator. I see the booklet is only of 8 pages. Is this normal ?
The Canadian Passport is 36 page booklet, where stamp can be added.
How about OCI booklet ? Do they stamp on it as well when I will be going to India ?
Does everyone is getting 8 page OCI booklet or else other group members here too had received greater or less than 8 pages booklet ?
TBH, I am surprised that Canadian passport - 36 page with 160CAD fees; Where as Indian OCI booklet - 8 pages with 350CAD :rolleyes:
Thank you.
I think its 6 blank pages. Are you ottawa applicant or toronto? Can you please share your timeline.

Reactions: sundeep_s_

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hello Everyone,
I just got my OCI Passport booklet by drop off Purolator. I see the booklet is only of 8 pages. Is this normal ?
How about OCI booklet ? Do they stamp on it as well when I will be going to India ?
Does everyone is getting 8 page OCI booklet or else other group members here too had received greater or less than 8 pages booklet ?
TBH, I am surprised that Canadian passport - 36 page with 160CAD fees; Where as Indian OCI booklet - 8 pages with 350CAD :rolleyes:
Thank you.
Haha.. I was surprised when I first saw my friend's OCI too. Looks like OCI is merely a visa (like a PR). they might as well just give us a card that looks like Canadian PR.
Also, apparently they don't ever stamp on OCI. all your stamps go on your passport. OCI is just a supporting document to your passport that will allow you entry into India. So 8 pages are still too many that will never be used I guess!!

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hello Everyone,
Thank you.
Do you mind sharing your timeline.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Status update. 21st day from Acknowledgment!

Documents Printing Status - PROCESSED On 25-JUL-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - NEW DELHI On
Document received At - TORONTO On
Great news. Mine should happen this week hopefully then!

Reactions: Gracious Chap

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
Haha.. I was surprised when I first saw my friend's OCI too. Looks like OCI is merely a visa (like a PR). they might as well just give us a card that looks like Canadian PR.
Also, apparently they don't ever stamp on OCI. all your stamps go on your passport. OCI is just a supporting document to your passport that will allow you entry into India. So 8 pages are still too many that will never be used I guess!!

That’s a Scam ! They know you make more money in Canada

John2021

Oct 25, 2021
I believe that the marriage certificate (if you were married outside India) would need to be attested at some Canadian agency (I forget the name) and that attested copy would need to be presented for a spouse's OCI application.
The marriage was in India, and the certificate was attested by SDM (sub divisional magistrate), then attested by ministry of external affairs in Delhi, then attested by CGI in Toronto.
So the 2 years rule is meaningless, I need to wait for my spouse to come then wait 6 months, then request an interview, to become eligible. Only after that I can submit an application to BLS.

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
status update. Changed to processed, after 43 after date of acknowledgement, 50 days after application. waiting for it to be dispatched and sent.
Timeline in signature.

• Love
Reactions: Troy2245