+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

stuff14

Jun 20, 2021
Hi, does it matter to have the BLS appointment for the right category? I've an appointment with BLS for Visa - but was wondering if I can use the same for passport surrender.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gents,
RE Toronto Jurisdiction

I want to know the current processing times for Surrender Certificate in Toronto jurisdiction on average, have anyone applied recently and already received it?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reactions: GSHARMA05

crips

Jan 31, 2017
Hello All, is joint notarized affidavit of parent's marriage certificate necessary to submit if parents don't have each other's name listed on their passports under 'spouse name' while applying for minor child OCI ? How to obtain this affidavit in Toronto ? Thanks.

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
Hi, does it matter to have the BLS appointment for the right category? I've an appointment with BLS for Visa - but was wondering if I can use the same for passport surrender.
I was able to use my visa appointment for passport surrender at BLS Brampton today. The security guard asked me about the appointment type but he was nice enough to let me in. You should be okay. Just be polite and respectful if they ask!

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
BLS and the Indian gov portal show, that the e-visa/visitor visa for Candian passport holders are not permitted at the moment? Can't we get it any chance as OCI is taking the time currently?

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
BLS and the Indian gov portal show, that the e-visa/visitor visa for Candian passport holders are not permitted at the moment? Can't we get it any chance as OCI is taking the time currently?
Unfortunately e-visas are not available for Canadians. You can apply for sticker visa. From what I have heard on this forum, the processing time is not bad for sticker visas.

Reactions: GSHARMA05

stuff14

Jun 20, 2021
I was able to use my visa appointment for passport surrender at BLS Brampton today. The security guard asked me about the appointment type but he was nice enough to let me in. You should be okay. Just be polite and respectful if they ask!
Thank you! When asked by security - did you mention that you were there for Visa or Passport ?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
What are the recent OCI timelines? Also what other options do we have for visiting India for more than 90 days if not OCI and what are the timelines for that?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please answer my below query?
Gents,
RE Toronto Jurisdiction
I want to know the current processing times for Surrender Certificate in Toronto jurisdiction on average, have anyone applied recently and already received it?