OCI process

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea / guess, when will appointments open for September on BLS website for Brampton?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Got my OCI card today.
I submitted (walk in) on June 11th and got it on July 21. 40 days - not too bad IMO :)
Toronto/Brampton BLS?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hi Ottawa jurisdiction applicants,

I was able to reach out to high commission secretary via email and asked why processing times are slower in high commission compared to Toronto or Brampton consulates.

Reason is OCI booklet printing machine is not working and it is expensive to replace at this point.
So they are printing in Delhi and dispatching via dhl to Ottawa, hence the delay.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
HI all,
i am canadian citizen (father-naturalization)) . my baby born in india in december 2021. baby got the canadin citizneship bcs father is canadian citizen. I am applying for my son OCI ?
there is questrion in OCI application..
question- Date and method of acquisition of present nationality ((By Birth/ Descent/ Registration/ Naturalisation)).?
what should i have to select?
thank you for help.please,..

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi Ottawa jurisdiction applicants,

I was able to reach out to high commission secretary via email and asked why processing times are slower in high commission compared to Toronto or Brampton consulates.

Reason is OCI booklet printing machine is not working and it is expensive to replace at this point.
So they are printing in Delhi and dispatching via dhl to Ottawa, hence the delay.
thanks for the update. They should have tried to get it done in Toronto instead, just a thought.

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
thanks for the update. They should have tried to get it done in Toronto instead, just a thought.
I doubt they would really take that approach as other consulates will be overwhelmed with no of applicants.

anyhow, I feel they should replace the machine considering they are charging so much for both surrender and Oci applicants.

Reactions: koolbuddy

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
HI all,
i am canadian citizen (father-naturalization)) . my baby born in india in december 2021. baby got the canadin citizneship bcs father is canadian citizen. I am applying for my son OCI ?
question- Date and method of acquisition of present nationality ((By Birth/ Descent/ Registration/ Naturalisation)).?
thank you for help.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
HI all,
thank you for help.
It should be by Descent for Canadian Citizenship.

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
I doubt they would really take that approach as other consulates will be overwhelmed with no of applicants.

anyhow, I feel they should replace the machine considering they are charging so much for both surrender and Oci applicants.
I am thinking of applying tourist visa, as I have already moved my tickets once and with the expense of postponing it again I would rather apply tourist visa. Do you think its the same print machine issue for the tourist visa too?

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, what are some best practices for ensuring the format, size, and aspect ratio for images and signatures? What are some best tools and instructions?

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi Guys, Applicant from Montreal. For Ottawa high commission, My date of acknowledgment was
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JUN-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

I am wondering Why the status is not changing, anyone else on the same boat for Ottawa high commission?

Is there any reason why Ottawa office specifically is processing so slow as compare to other offices in Canada?
Hi... can you please share if there is any update on your file?

Reactions: aman6699

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
I am thinking of applying tourist visa, as I have already moved my tickets once and with the expense of postponing it again I would rather apply tourist visa. Do you think its the same print machine issue for the tourist visa too?
I don’t think apart from Oci they have any other delays cos the officer mentioned only Oci applicants are affected and rest are working as per normal processing times.