+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Submitted OCI applications for me and my wife on Saturday July 16th at Brampton office. I had an appointment and was in and out within 10 mins. Now the wait starts.

Reactions: Gracious Chap

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
apparently they have very Few applications so they send themin Batches
To BLS to be shipped . Hopefully next batch will be sent soon. I was supposed to travel to india in last week of June and have already delayed my travel by a month.

AND HCI never answers their phone!
Not sure about sending in batches.
But, my status changed in 4 days from in transit to high commission and 6th day to “processing at high commission”.
And I am just talking about surrender certificate.
This is 4th week and I am still waiting :(

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, quick question about professional details of the applicant for OCI:
  • Letter - Professional details of the applicant - Please enclose a letter mentioning your profession / occupation details in Canada - can this be from our employer or should this be from ourselves?
What worked for you? Which one would be better?

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hi guys, quick question about professional details of the applicant for OCI:
  • Letter - Professional details of the applicant - Please enclose a letter mentioning your profession / occupation details in Canada - can this be from our employer or should this be from ourselves?
What worked for you? Which one would be better?
i just attached an employment letter provided from HR team, stating my title, joining date and salary
of course it was in a company lettered with official stamp and contact details

Reactions: Edifytech

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
i just attached an employment letter provided from HR team, stating my title, joining date and salary
of course it was in a company lettered with official stamp and contact details
Thank you. One last question. Should it be addressed specifically to someone like "CGI-Toronto" or "To whomever it may concern" is fine?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Thank you. One last question. Should it be addressed specifically to someone like "CGI-Toronto" or "To whomever it may concern" is fine?
Anything is fine. As a matter of fact, some people got OCIs without employment letter as well. It can also be self declaration.
I would say just get a generic letter from your employer and put it in as an extra measure.

Last edited:

Dr.Shreeram

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi,

I am seeing the following message while tracking the surrender certificate

Surrender Certificate has been granted and is available for issuance

please let me know if this means that it has been approved and I can receive it anytime now or is there still a long wait

tamilvanan3

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
what is this status ?

Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping

i asked and paid for courier service :(

why this status ?
Almost done, Its in BLS, you will get in few days.As soon as it ready they will send by purulator, I also had the similar situation with Vancouver office and received it by purolator even on Saturday.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Hi everyone,
I had already purchased Pickup + Dropoff Purolator service. On OCI website, my status shows PROCESSED.
My question is what is the next step and when I would be getting my OCI Booklet at my door ? How would I check the tracking details of it ? I cannot see anything on BLS portal, only showing "Processing at Consulate General ". Looking forward for your input.
Here is my timeline below
Pickup by Purolator from my home - June 18, 2022
Date of Ack - 28-JUN-2022
Documents Printing Status - processed -19-JUL-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - New Delhi - 20-JUL-2022
Document received At - Toronto - 20-JUL-2022
My date for 'Document received at - Toronto' is 7 July. Not sure how long it takes after this.