+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ab8285

Dec 22, 2021
My timeline for OCI:
Walkin application submitted to BLS: 17 June 2022
Acknowledged at CGI: 24 June 2022
Current Status: Under Process

Fingers crossed. I badly want to go to India soon.
My OCI is showing as processed and received in Toronto on OCI website. BLS is yet to be updated. Hopefully will get it in hand in next 2 weeks.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
What is expected in the Signature photo upload for a Minor's New OCI application (born in Canada) ?
I am filling the Online application form for my baby boy who is 10 months old.

Last edited:

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Quick question guys – how many days BLS takes to change the status from "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping" to "Ready to pickup" ? I have this status from July 7th, should I not wait for Ready to pickup status and just do walk-in after 3PM to pickup my OCI or I have to wait for that status ?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Quick question guys – how many days BLS takes to change the status from "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping" to "Ready to pickup" ? I have this status from July 7th, should I not wait for Ready to pickup status and just do walk-in after 3PM to pickup my OCI or I have to wait for that status ?
yea that seems like long time... is this a Toronto Application?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Reactions: Nick~Nick

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hello.
Is there any limitation to the number of days we can stay outside after becoming Canadian Citizen?
I am planning to get an OCI and spend few years again in India with my parents.
Will I need to frequently visit Canada?
For tax purposes yes, you pay taxes where you work. If you don't make any income in Canada, you pay no taxes here. Plus, you will lose your health care until you come back to Canada and spend like 3 months I think.
But besides that, status-wise, nothing. You're a Canadian. You have the right to come and go as you wish. There's millions of Canadians that live in the US and other commonwealth countries.

Reactions: Swappy and delray55

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Anyone know when can I check my status on BLS website after submitting app? It shows `No record found` for me so far. This is for Brampton office.

stuff14

Jun 20, 2021
Do we have to submit original Canadian passport while applying for OCI (Toronto Jurisdiction) ? Asking because it seems that it might take up to 2-3 months for OCI to process and I was wondering giving BLS my original passport will mean that I won't be able to travel anywhere during that duration.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Do we have to submit original Canadian passport while applying for OCI (Toronto Jurisdiction) ? Asking because it seems that it might take up to 2-3 months for OCI to process and I was wondering giving BLS my original passport will mean that I won't be able to travel anywhere during that duration.
If you do a walk-in or have an appointment, you won't need to submit. They will just check the original and ask for photocopies.

Reactions: stuff14

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
For tax purposes yes, you pay taxes where you work. If you don't make any income in Canada, you pay no taxes here. Plus, you will lose your health care until you come back to Canada and spend like 3 months I think.
But besides that, status-wise, nothing. You're a Canadian. You have the right to come and go as you wish. There's millions of Canadians that live in the US and other commonwealth countries.
Even the health care minimum residency requirements have been pulled in most provinces- so no more waiting ! Enjoy.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
DOA June 1
processed on July 13
Received at Ottawa July 16

no update since.
I have no idea how it could take so long for Ottawa to send the OCI when in Toronto it’s super quick.
Seriously it is super slow. It’s not like there are many applicants submitting to Ottawa jurisdiction than the Toronto or Brampton.

In dilemma now to apply for OCI or Indian visa. Even 2 months of buffer is not enough.

arbitqubit

Jul 2, 2022
Seriously it is super slow. It’s not like there are many applicants submitting to Ottawa jurisdiction than the Toronto or Brampton.

In dilemma now to apply for OCI or Indian visa. Even 2 months of buffer is not enough.
apparently they have very Few applications so they send themin Batches
To BLS to be shipped . Hopefully next batch will be sent soon. I was supposed to travel to india in last week of June and have already delayed my travel by a month.

AND HCI never answers their phone!