+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hi Guys, Applicant from Montreal. For Ottawa high commission, My date of acknowledgment was
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JUN-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

I am wondering Why the status is not changing, anyone else on the same boat for Ottawa high commission?

Is there any reason why Ottawa office specifically is processing so slow as compare to other offices in Canada?

Gracious Chap

Jul 11, 2022
Hi Guys, Applicant from Montreal. For Ottawa high commission, My date of acknowledgment was
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JUN-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

I am wondering Why the status is not changing, anyone else on the same boat for Ottawa high commission?

Is there any reason why Ottawa office specifically is processing so slow as compare to other offices in Canada?
Looks like it depends on the person working on individual files.. some are slow and some are pretty good... lol

Reactions: aman6699

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Yeah, when your file is not moving fast enough you feel it's slow..lol
haha yeah! Make sure to post here when yours is processed! Mine will be soon after :D. (Mine is July 07 acknowledgement).
I'm guessing mine will be in the last week of July. like 28 or 29! yours should be 22 or 25!

Gracious Chap

Jul 11, 2022
haha yeah! Make sure to post here when yours is processed! Mine will be soon after :D. (Mine is July 07 acknowledgement).
I'm guessing mine will be in the last week of July. like 28 or 29! yours should be 22 or 25!
I will for sure lol it's just excitement that everyone keeps checking and get worried. Eventhough we all know it will be processed eventually lol

Reactions: sundeep_s_

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Looks like it depends on the person working on individual files.. some are slow and some are pretty good... lol
Thankyou for your response. As per people comments in previous posts, I got a feeling that it depends on office and I saw people at toronto high commission are getting oci faster. Thats why i wanted to see if someone else whose file is getting processed in ottawa or processed previosly can suggest me how much more time it could take so that I can set some realistic expectation.

Ab8285

Dec 22, 2021
My timeline for OCI:
Walkin application submitted to BLS: 17 June 2022
Acknowledged at CGI: 24 June 2022
Current Status: Under Process

Fingers crossed. I badly want to go to India soon.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
So I finally submitted the OCI application by postal to BLS Brampton.
Status check on BLS website shows "Processing at Consulate General".
Now trying to check progress at ociservices.gov.in
It is asking for a "File reference number".
Anyone has any idea where I can find that?

thanks!
nerd.
deposit in person you can check your bls receipt there is file reference number like this down side barcarole 11-100002345

Rubbal

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
I want to apply for my baby's oci, husband lives in India. Bls officials said I have to submit affidavit from my husband. Does anyone has sample format for affidavit. Also any other additional document do I need to submit from husband side? Can marriage certificate be attested from any notary . Any help will be appreciated.

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
You can only get realistic expectations if files being processed by machine/robot.. it's human and each has their own capacity of working.
You can only get realistic expectations if files being processed by machine/robot.. it's human and each has their own capacity of working.
As I quoted in my question:
"Are you someone whose file is getting processed in ottawa or processed in ottawa"?
If not, then just pass on and dont give free lessons on knowledge of wisdom. Just ignore my questions and move on if you dont have any answers that are helpful.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hello folks

Ottawa processing applicant

I am waiting for my surrender certificate. It’s been 3 weeks now, entering 4th week into the process.

Soon after that applying to OCI which BLS told me it would take 8 weeks of processing.
Considering all this, I had booked tickets on October 1st giving 3 months and 1 week of buffer since I applied to SC and then OCI.
Do you think it is enough room for me to receive back the OCI passport?
Worried now

Reactions: Swappy

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hello folks

Ottawa processing applicant

I am waiting for my surrender certificate. It’s been 3 weeks now, entering 4th week into the process.

Soon after that applying to OCI which BLS told me it would take 8 weeks of processing.
Considering all this, I had booked tickets on October 1st giving 3 months and 1 week of buffer since I applied to SC and then OCI.
Do you think it is enough room for me to receive back the OCI passport?
Worried now
May be just enough, but its tight looking at the current speed of ottawa office . If you are lucky at max, you may receive it 1 or 2 weeks before 1 october. I would reschedule if i was in the same situation. My date of acknowledgment for Oci was 11 june, still in progress , no updates after

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
May be just enough, but its tight looking at the current speed of ottawa office . If you are lucky at max, you may receive it 1 or 2 weeks before 1 october. I would reschedule if i was in the same situation. My date of acknowledgment for Oci was 11 june, still in progress , no updates after
Honestly I was under impression that Ottawa processes applications faster compared to other offices.
I really hope they understand lot of peeps want to visit their home country after a long time. Hope for faster processing!