Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hey Congratulations on getting your OCI. It must feel like a relief. I agree, the print quality is not the greatest. Isn't India supposed to be the IT capital of the world? I wonder what happens when it comes to consular matters. My address seems to be complete in my case, but other applicants have reported the missing postal code on the forum. Your immigration journey is finally over. The only other time you would have to deal with OCI is when you turn 50 and now with the new rules, all you need to do is update your photograph online and you would never need to use BLS hopefully again.
Thanks and Congratulations to you as well buddy!
You must be all excited and counting days to board that flight to India.

Yes, the immigration journey is finally over, and that’s a much relief, not dealing with either IRCC or BLS again (both are pain in the butt for different reasons)
I agree, new rule makes it even easier for OCI photo update after 50 years age.

I think print quality probably is bad cause this whole OCI process is done here in Canada, and they might have LITE version of the machines used in India (that’s just my guess)
Anyway, It’s not that important and what matters is it’s for LIFETIME
Good luck to everyone else waiting. You are next :)

Reactions: canadamaple

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Oh really?They won't turn me down if I do that and show up?
Yes. Many of them in this group were able to submit that way though i cannot guarantee what a particular security person at BLS will say. If they ask tell them nicely that you did not find another appointment and they will let you in.

Takla332

Jul 2, 2017
I have done it today at BLS Toronto OCI application i had visa appointments . Just enter then stay in queue nobody basically ask while submitting form. Dont tell anything to security as soon as u enter. T no need to tell .Again it all depends howz that day moving and their mood. All the best

Last edited:

Takla332

Jul 2, 2017
I am not sure if this is normal process- BLS kept one original document from each application and added extra courier charges just to return those documents. I mean do they need to keep our originals for in person applications. Many of my friend never submitted any.
they keep on asking many documents which are not even mentioned. … its all submitted today.. hope i dont get additional doc request.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I am not sure if this is normal process- BLS kept one original document from each application and added extra courier charges just to return those documents. I mean do they need to keep our originals for in person applications. Many of my friend never submitted any.
they keep on asking many documents which are not even mentioned. … its all submitted today.. hope i dont get additional doc request.
collection of originals just depends on mood of the agent and revenue targets they have.
Only in very very rare situations you should get additional document request for walk in submissions.
what document they asked from you?

Takla332

Jul 2, 2017
collection of originals just depends on mood of the agent and revenue targets they have.
Only in very very rare situations you should get additional document request for walk in submissions.
what document they asked from you?
COPR- i didn't find anywhere mentioned except in there centre notice board. And upload those under VISA section. Both parents COPR upload in minor application.
Marriage CErt- even though both parents names are available in indian passport.
i took all documents with me its just i didn't upload or attached to application
All documents of husband like - Canadian passport,copr,indian passport, DL to be added in wife application too and its vice versa. Dont know why. I didn’t want to argue i know whats the end result. Hopefully i dont see them any time soon

Reactions: delray55

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
COPR- i didn't find anywhere mentioned except in there centre notice board. And upload those under VISA section. Both parents COPR upload in minor application.
Marriage CErt- even though both parents names are available in indian passport.
i took all documents with me its just i didn't upload or attached to application
All documents of husband like - Canadian passport,copr,indian passport, DL to be added in wife application too and its vice versa. Dont know why. I didn’t want to argue i know whats the end result. Hopefully i dont see them any time soon
Yes. if you were in this forum earlier you would have known some of these are needed. I agree its not in their website. Complete copy of spouse details is needed as well (which i too found out when i went to submit the forms)

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
I did not apply for SC thank you for letting me know. What is the way to apply for SC and what are the walkin locations for SC and OCI?

Also, based on your description it seems like I can just walk in for OCI and SC, is that correct?
Yes, you can do a walkin for both. You can apply for both at Brampton BLS.

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I did not apply for SC thank you for letting me know. What is the way to apply for SC and what are the walkin locations for SC and OCI?

Also, based on your description it seems like I can just walk in for OCI and SC, is that correct?
@canv_1234 First you need to apply for SC. Best thing to do is book appt at BLS Brampton. If close by.

After you received SC with cancelled PP only then you can apply for OCI you cannot do it together.

For SC it is 60 Gillingham Drive walk-in without appt. 8 AM to 1:30 PM line up starts at 6 AM processing time is about 1 week now

Fill App here: https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

For OCI it is 40 Gillingham Drive walk-in without appt. 8 AM to 1:30 PM line up starts at 6 AM processing time is about 45 days now

Fill App here: https://ociservices.gov.in/

I would suggest you to do a mail-in delivery with Purolator after app processing as BLS is forcing applicants to do so by reducing the Pick up window to 3 PM - 4:15 PM this has resulted in line-ups to receive documents in my opinion not worth the time and effort unless you are free in the afternoons. It is about $ 37 per person for courier delivery after processing

All above timelines are for BLS Brampton not Sure about Toronto or any other location from my personal and friends exp.

For a timeline please refer signature.

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
@canv_1234 They will do but you need to be firm. My friend was in a similar situation on Saturday he selected Visa and applied for OCI they gave all sorts of reasons to not allow him inside but he just said there are no available appointments so I booked whatever was available and came by. He reserved it more than a month ago.