Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi folks - After submission of documents at BLS, how long does it take for us to be able to check our status at the OCI website https://ociservices.gov.in/ ... I submitted mine over 2 weeks ago, and the BLS status shows "processing at consulate general" but no update in the OCI website..
About 11 days for me at BLS Brampton. Pl check signature for timeline. @nv0411

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Submitted 3 OCI applications today at Montreal BLS center.

Hadhard time to find the location, thanks to the google review, which mentioned they moved to the down stairs at metro level.

To be honest I reviewed my application to its perfection and added all documents more than required. Took additional documents with my wife signed for NOC for each child, one with photos attached and one without (in case if required have back up to stick to the form, that's why i took my wife signature and i signed it as well, give or take a print out waste), she compelled only for the NOC, as hse said she can photo copy and sign that she reviewed but HCI takes the final decision, and could get delayed if they would like to have the original paper with photos. So I used the back up. She herself did the sticking work.

COPR was returned for my son and Myself.

Took Marriage certificate
Parents both Address proof
Parents Indian Passport
NOC for each child Separately

Asked for Canadian too, i gave mine, and said my wife don;t have, she gave a free advice can go to Service canada they are accepting applications, i told her we did applied and waiting since March and my wife do not entertain the additional expenses they impose for file transfer so i am in between Service canada & my wife.

only 2 counters & 2 Young ladies. They are doing what they can do i beleive.

3 more trips remaining to go physically

1) to collect the OCI applications submitted today
2) to submit my wife OCI
3) To collect her OCI

She asked me to sign the Courier service, it is optional, if i don;t use then have to sign at the bottom and she will strike out all the columns. Paid 23.70 CAD in total and out.

by the way they didn;t ask for appontment at least those people prest at that time.

they are just giving a token (REDCARD made manually),

I can't blame them for the Appointment times not respected. As the job done on time.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
acknowledgement seems to usually come between 10 and 20 days after submission. Did you submit at Brampton?
Yes I did.. Postal submission

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello All,
I am filling OCI registration form (Fresh OCI Application). I got recently married and I show that I am Married in my OCI application. After filling out the form there is section to Upload mandatory documents and that is where all the confusion starts. They are asking bunch of documents which doesn't make sense to me.

1. CURRENT PASSPORT
  2. EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
  3. INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF
  4. INDIAN VISA
  5. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
  6. PIO CARD
  7. RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE
  8. SPOUSE OCI CARD
I can Provide number 1,2,3 (BirthCertificate /Old Passport), 5 but how am I suppose to provide 4,6,7,8 ? As my Spouse is still India citizen and she doesn't have OCI, in number 5 I am already providing Marriage certificate then what can be consider as Relationship Certificate? What can be PIO card? Can some one please help me ASAP?
1. Canadian PP
2. Letter of Employment from current employer
3. Indian PP with SC is Enough
4. Not Applicable
5. To be provided if Married
6. Not Applicable
7. Not Sure
8. Not Applicable

@richieP I did my OCI app last month (Single) except for 5 and 7 all I provided in docs was Indian PP with SC, Canadian Citizenship Certificate and Canadian PP so the only extra in your case would be Marriage Certificate and name of Spouse in the Application.

Reactions: richieP

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
@sundeep_s_ My Indian PP and surrender cert app status seems to be ready for dispatch as well. It has been just a week. Didn't yours get processed fast like this too?
Entry visa app is ready for dispatch too. Long weekend sucks at times like this since Purolator might not deliver tomorrow or even over the weekend. I really need to see the visa sooner so that I can contact my travel agent;)

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
It takes around a day to change to "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping". Please see details in my signature.
Doesnt purolator deliver to home?

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
They do, if you paid for courier service at BLS.
But if you opt for pick up (like me) the status update is “ready for collection” instead of “dispatch”

Reactions: rusticdud

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Yes I did.. Postal submission
okay, its usually 10-20 days from the time you see the "Processing at Consulate" message.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
@sundeep_s_ My Indian PP and surrender cert app status seems to be ready for dispatch as well. It has been just a week. Didn't yours get processed fast like this too?
Entry visa app is ready for dispatch too. Long weekend sucks at times like this since Purolator might not deliver tomorrow or even over the weekend. I really need to see the visa sooner so that I can contact my travel agent;)
hey, I got my Entry Visa delivered last Friday and SC delivered on Monday. I even applied for OCI on Tuesday. Waiting for that now!

Reactions: Edifytech

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
They do deliver. But I opted for pickup from Purolator office. I had inserted a return envelope while sending in the package and I used address of Purolator office.

Reactions: rusticdud

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
HI,
do we need enter the previous India passport number in OCI applicant passport details under Previous Passport Number

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
HI,
do we need enter the previous India passport number in OCI applicant passport details under Previous Passport Number
@krishnat The previous passport field applies only to the Current Nationality one which I assume is Canadian for you. Also assume that you have been a Canadian and have held 2 Canadian passports then only the Previous Passport Number category needs to be filled in otherwise your Indian Passport is Surrendered and NOT a valid proof of ID anymore it can only be used as a proof of Indian Origin that too only if requested by BLS or any Indian consulate. You're not the first person and certainly not the last with this question thanks to our messed up documentation system.

I have applied with the same last month and received it on Monday 27th June. If you need a timeline please refer to the signature

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Radium