Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
It's same for my child's OCI . No mention of Country or Postal code in the last page. Is it same for other fellow applicant here ? Can few confirm this
I'm just asking here.. why is it such a big deal if the country name is not mentioned on OCI last page? how does it matter?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I'm just asking here.. why is it such a big deal if the country name is not mentioned on OCI last page? how does it matter?
If I were to guess, it would be hard to use the OCI as an address proof in India if it the country and postal code is missing. One would think that after spending over 400 bucks, MEA would be a bit more proactive in getting the address right. :(

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
If I were to guess, it would be hard to use the OCI as an address proof in India if it the country and postal code is missing. One would think that after spending over 400 bucks, MEA would be a bit more proactive in getting the address right. :(
Okay, use it as a Canadian Address Proof while in India?
I didn't apply for my OCI yet, but I'm starting to wonder, where they asked for my full address if i put in the country and postal code. Unfortunately, i'm in Part B now, and cannot go back to Part A to modify. but i'll see if there is a way to check that.

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
May be you can use OCI miscellaneous services

In case the existing OCI card holder wishes to update/upload the latest information about his latest passport, Change in address/Occupation/Contact details, the OCI card holder can select the option/(s) as given below and upload the latest photograph and requisite documents. These details shall be updated into the OCI system records and an acknowledgement shall be shared with OCI card holder on his/her registered email ID. The services under these categories are gratis in nature:

Thanks delray55. I do think this is my only option to fix it.
I've written to the consulate and BLS. I think I'll hear from them next week. Although I think this is what they may suggest to me too.

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
Yeah, I think this might be raised as an issue in official dealings (like Banks). The only work around I can think of is to provide other proof (like my Canadian drivers license).

Frankly, it is the feeling of being short-changed and feeling like my application was not handled professionally.

I spent a lot of time and money to travel from the far end of Ontario to submit this application at the nearest BLS office. I stood in line in peak winter (then) since I could not get an appointment. I also paid a significant fee for it. At the BLS counter, I was told if I made even a small mistake then my application would be rejected and sent back to me.

Additionally, I looked at my application again. I put everything down correctly. Even my postal code. I'm just upset that this was not done professionally and double-checked.

Reactions: canadamaple

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
Okay, use it as a Canadian Address Proof while in India?
I didn't apply for my OCI yet, but I'm starting to wonder, where they asked for my full address if i put in the country and postal code. Unfortunately, i'm in Part B now, and cannot go back to Part A to modify. but i'll see if there is a way to check that.
I don't think you have to. You can only do so much and check that it's just correct.

I think what you put in the form and how they read it is totally different. I put my postal code in my application too and my country was selected in my country of citizenship (Canada obviously) and country of residence.

I think It's just down to your luck if the consular officer misses it or doesn't print it correctly.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I don't think you have to. You can only do so much and check that it's just correct.

I think what you put in the form and how they read it is totally different. I put my postal code in my application too and my country was selected in my country of citizenship (Canada obviously) and country of residence.

I think It's just down to your luck if the consular officer misses it or doesn't print it correctly.
I dont think there is any manual intervention here. The details in application form is supposed to be printed (assuming it was approved)
Do you have a copy of application form you submitted? Is the oci card matching what is printed in application form as present address?

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
I dont think there is any manual intervention here. The details in application form is supposed to be printed (assuming it was approved)
Do you have a copy of application form you submitted? Is the oci card matching what is printed in application form as present address?
Yeah I have my application form that I submitted. My OCI also has the ref # of the form I submitted (the CANTFR### id number). I have put my address down with my postal code. And like I said, my country of residence was selected as Canada. So was my country of citizenship.

Mistakes happen. I can't fault a consulate officer for missing it or making a mistake with the volume of applications they are dealing with. But I was hoping this wouldn't be an issue given how we print a form with a barcode and they just scan it so they don't have to re-type anything in their system.

In any case, I've written to the consulate. Let's see what they say.

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
It's matching the present address as I filled it out. But the postal code is missing. There is also no country in the third address line.

• Sad
Reactions: delray55

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
It's matching the present address as I filled it out. But the postal code is missing. There is also no country in the third address line.
Okay, in Form A, there's a field for address, and then there's a separate textbox for postal code. I think they dont include that in the address. I confirmed by going all the way to the end of Form A, and the address shown in the final confirmation page doesn't include the postal code.
I could alternatively add postal code also in the line 2 of the address. It then shows in the final confirmation page. I think i'll end up putting the postal code in both address line 2 and in the postal code field.

Reactions: delray55

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Can I apply for all family oci application in one courier or it needs to be sent individually?. Also can take one draft for all family?

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
I am a June 3rd acknowledgement applicant and am still in Under Process status. Anyone from the July 3rd acknowledgement got updated to Processed ?

Last edited:

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I am a July 3rd acknowledgement applicant and am still in Under Process status. Anyone from the July 3rd acknowledgement got updated to Processed ?
i think 1st June applications got processed on Friday. you should expect it to be processed on Tuesday/Wednesday max. I guess you are referring to June 3rd

Reactions: nawalasansol

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello,
For OCI application, if we are sending it via postal courier, to which address we are supposed to send? I am from toronto jurisdiction.