AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Mate, what is status reflecting in BLS portal for you?
Mine is - Processing at Consulate General
Wife has a different status - Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
My BLS status is the same after I received my original documents - Application Status - Dispatched via Courier. This is not the status for the OCI card. Its the status that I saw after my original documents were dispatched following 'verification'. My OCI portal just says processed. Its has not yet been dispatched from New Delhi. I am still at least 2 weeks away from getting my OCI, I think. I hope that this helps.

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
My BLS status is the same after I received my original documents - Application Status - Dispatched via Courier. This is not the status for the OCI card. Its the status that I saw after my original documents were dispatched following 'verification'. My OCI portal just says processed. Its has not yet been dispatched from New Delhi. I am still at least 2 weeks away from getting my OCI, I think. I hope that this helps.
Thanks man. It definitely helps. I was trying to gauge what is the next status on BLS website.

Reactions: canadamaple

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I wonder how long the next step will take. In other words - going from 'Processed' to 'Dispatched from MEA'. Is this an automated process where a batch of files get dispatched at a time? Thoughts fellow OCI applicants?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Sharing my experience on dealing with BLS a few days ago. Finally was able to apply for my family's (5 of us) surrender certificates!

Did a lot of research to see why quite a few photographs are rejected by BLS. It's a simple case of revenue generation. Basic math says that even if 30-40 applicants are made to take their photos everyday, the monthly salary of at least two employees are recovered. They will also sell you the idea of using Purolator for pickup and drop off. God help you if there is a mistake on your form. You will have to pay for courier again.

I was determined to not pay the exorbitant charges for photos for the 5 of us. I do professional photography so it riles me even more. Took my own photos, resized them as per their specs including the size of the face and got them printed at Staples for under $5. Out of 5, they accepted 4 and declined to use one (shirt was light coloured! My mistake totally). They objected to another photo, I showed them the specs and asked them to take a ruler and measure it and then reject. I wasn't rude, just firm and had my evidence, so I guess they had no choice but to accept. If anyone needs advice on how to do photos, please send me a PM. Happy to share what I know.

Once the surrender certificate application was submitted, my spouse and I gave applications for tourist visa. The agent said, that we would have to go back to the walk in queue and take a fresh token. I questioned that as well so one of their colleagues stepped in and said it was ok, because we were submitting only 2 visa applications and not 5.

The gentleman informed me that the 'gratis' single entry tourist visa was suspended. I am not sure of this, because CGI Toronto website says it was introduced in Nov 2021 and there is no notification of its suspension. If any one has applied for it or has more info, please share. I have written to CGI to verify this and will update if they respond. So, they made us apply for one year, multiple entry tourist visa, even though I would have been happy with a single entry 30 day tourist visa.

The best part is that for one application, the photo that worked for surrender certificate, did not work for tourist visa! So much so for standardization and we were made to take another photo. All in all, as against paying for 5 photos, we paid for 2 so I am happy with this minor victory. I am certain each agent has a target for the number of photos and photocopies of documents they have to generate. An applicant on the next counter had a BW copy of DL as proof of residence. He was told that it wasn't clear enough, even though standing a few feet away, I could read his DL - not because my eyesight is great, but because it was large enough and totally legible.

Also, to apply for a tourist visa, you don't need to have a surrender certificate. You can apply for SC later; just don't use your Indian Passport for travel. It is ok to surrender your Indian Passport upto three years after becoming a Canadian. There's no penalty for that, if you haven't used it for travel.

Since 4 of us are adults, we will have to go in person to pick up our documents. Even for a family, I cannot pick up as a group. While this is certainly an inconvenience, I am not willing to pay $300+ as courier charges. It's a shame that a sub-standard operation like BLS is allowed to make money like that. Unfortunately, there is not much choice since this is with the blessings of the Ministry of External Affairs, GOI, who would have approved the contract with BLS and their exorbitant charges.

I was also deeply disappointed to see that on a visa application, Government of India asks you to declare your religion. Not sure how or why that is important for a visitor to India. My religious beliefs (or the lack of them) are for my personal consumption and not for Government of India to monitor. I have written to the Ministry of External Affairs in India to ask why this information is important enough for a visa application. Will share, if I hear back from them.

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I wonder how long the next step will take. In other words - going from 'Processed' to 'Dispatched from MEA'. Is this an automated process where a batch of files get dispatched at a time? Thoughts fellow OCI applicants?
I think it takes only a couple of hours between those statuses. I saw processed in morning and then dispatched from MEA towards the evening...all with same dates.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Sharing my experience on dealing with BLS a few days ago. Finally was able to apply for my family's (5 of us) surrender certificates!
I was also deeply disappointed to see that on a visa application, Government of India asks you to declare your religion. Not sure how or why that is important for a visitor to India. My religious beliefs (or the lack of them) are for my personal consumption and not for Government of India to monitor. I have written to the Ministry of External Affairs in India to ask why this information is important enough for a visa application. Will share, if I hear back from them.
Kudos to you, my friend. This question of asking for religious affiliation is deeply disturbing. I do not follow any religion. How does that matter to the MEA? I don't want to get into politics because we all have our own opinions. But this is a early sign of things to come. I hope that some sensible politician takes note and works towards a more inclusive country.

• Love
Reactions: jj_ind

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I think it takes only a couple of hours between those statuses. I saw processed in morning and then dispatched from MEA towards the evening...all with same dates.
Great! Thank you. I will check later this evening and hope for the best. Being in the Ottawa jurisdiction, I would not be surprised if it takes longer. ;) LOL

• Haha
Reactions: jj_ind

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Did a lot of research to see why quite a few photographs are rejected by BLS. It's a simple case of revenue generation. Basic math says that even if 30-40 applicants are made to take their photos everyday, the monthly salary of at least two employees are recovered. They will also sell you the idea of using Purolator for pickup and drop off. God help you if there is a mistake on your form. You will have to pay for courier again.

I was determined to not pay the exorbitant charges for photos for the 5 of us. I do professional photography so it riles me even more. Took my own photos, resized them as per their specs including the size of the face and got them printed at Staples for under $5. Out of 5, they accepted 4 and declined to use one (shirt was light coloured! My mistake totally). They objected to another photo, I showed them the specs and asked them to take a ruler and measure it and then reject. I wasn't rude, just firm and had my evidence, so I guess they had no choice but to accept. If anyone needs advice on how to do photos, please send me a PM. Happy to share what I know.

Once the surrender certificate application was submitted, my spouse and I gave applications for tourist visa. The agent said, that we would have to go back to the walk in queue and take a fresh token. I questioned that as well so one of their colleagues stepped in and said it was ok, because we were submitting only 2 visa applications and not 5.

The gentleman informed me that the 'gratis' single entry tourist visa was suspended. I am not sure of this, because CGI Toronto website says it was introduced in Nov 2021 and there is no notification of its suspension. If any one has applied for it or has more info, please share. I have written to CGI to verify this and will update if they respond. So, they made us apply for one year, multiple entry tourist visa, even though I would have been happy with a single entry 30 day tourist visa.

The best part is that for one application, the photo that worked for surrender certificate, did not work for tourist visa! So much so for standardization and we were made to take another photo. All in all, as against paying for 5 photos, we paid for 2 so I am happy with this minor victory. I am certain each agent has a target for the number of photos and photocopies of documents they have to generate. An applicant on the next counter had a BW copy of DL as proof of residence. He was told that it wasn't clear enough, even though standing a few feet away, I could read his DL - not because my eyesight is great, but because it was large enough and totally legible.

Also, to apply for a tourist visa, you don't need to have a surrender certificate. You can apply for SC later; just don't use your Indian Passport for travel. It is ok to surrender your Indian Passport upto three years after becoming a Canadian. There's no penalty for that, if you haven't used it for travel.

Since 4 of us are adults, we will have to go in person to pick up our documents. Even for a family, I cannot pick up as a group. While this is certainly an inconvenience, I am not willing to pay $300+ as courier charges. It's a shame that a sub-standard operation like BLS is allowed to make money like that. Unfortunately, there is not much choice since this is with the blessings of the Ministry of External Affairs, GOI, who would have approved the contract with BLS and their exorbitant charges.

Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Yeah I agree, in this day and age there is absolutely no need to ask an individual's religion.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Mine was all 3 together...
Processed, Printed/Dispatched from MEA New Delhi, Received at Toronto.
All at once

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, Indian entry visa question. Can I put port of entry as one Indian city and land in a nearby city for logistical reasons? How picky are Indian border officials on this? Does the visa mention the city we mention in the application?

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Do I need to take anything along for pick up?
When I submitted all my docs, they didnt give me any paper or receipt
as their payment system was down & I paid cash :O
You need to take ack slip they give when you submit application. even if you pay by cash they should give you ack slip.

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Hi guys, Indian entry visa question. Can I put port of entry as one Indian city and land in a nearby city for logistical reasons? How picky are Indian border officials on this? Does the visa mention the city we mention in the application?
doesnt matter. You can put any city.....or may be put the nearest international airport you will be landing.

No port of landing mentioned on entry visa.

Reactions: Edifytech

Nav89

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
winnipeg
Category........
mine timeline is for oci

Date Of Acknowledgment 25-MAY-2022

Registration Status at MissionTORONTO

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On
15-JUN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI