Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
BLS Still shows Processing at Consulate.

Afzakl Ansari

Jul 24, 2014
Update on OCI for my Minor child:

BLS Walk-In on 18th May

Date Of Acknowledgment OCI portal27-MAY-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn17-JUN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn18-JUN-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn18-JUN-2022

Will update later once BLS shows any more info

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys, I mailed in the surrender and entry visa apps yesterday. They got delivered today. Can I book the tickets to India now or is it better to wait till I get the entry visa stamped in the Canadian PP? How long should I wait? Please advise.
@Edifytech Did you apply entry visa for 6 months or more ? Assuming 6 months visa since you have mailed them out then you should get your PP with stamp in about 7 working days then you can go ahead and reserve the tickets. So it would be about 2 weeks from now until you get your PP in Hand with the stamp via mail. I would stay put until I receive PP in hand rather than risk losing money over tickets

Reactions: Edifytech

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Update on OCI for my Minor child:

BLS Walk-In on 18th May

Date Of Acknowledgment OCI portal27-MAY-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn17-JUN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn18-JUN-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn18-JUN-2022

Will update later once BLS shows any more info
@Afzakl Ansari I did same at BLS Brampton applied in person on 16th May Ack on 27th May on OCI Portal. Still under-process.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
I called Bls today and asked if I can submit surrender certificate process and oci at the same time. Spoke with 2 different representatives and both said NO.
I argued that Brampton BLS as of last year when people submitted, they accepted.

they said they are no longer accepting it since 2 months.

such a nightmare

he said if you want oci + surrender certificate, you need to add buffer time and in total another 4 months.

what a disaster.

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Did you submit surrender certificate process first and later for oci?
I called Bls today and asked if I can submit surrender certificate process and oci at the same time. Spoke with 2 different representatives and both said NO.
I argued that Brampton BLS as of last year when people submitted, they accepted.

such a nightmare

he said if you want oci + surrender certificate, you need to add buffer time and in total another 4 months.

what a disaster.

@Troy2245 It is pretty much the norm now. It was actually 6 months ago that it was stopped not 2 months I have been reading that from Dec 2021 first it was GTA and then everywhere in Canada this was implemented.

I applied for SC first in April 2022 and received it with in 35 days and then applied for OCI last month expecting an update with in a week, I have seen forum members getting SC within a week if applied in person in the last 3 weeks BLS Brampton. OCI seems to be about 5 weeks. My advise is better to read this forum thoroughly rather than being mislead by the BLS customer care. If you do walk in with appointment then things should be fairly quick and less stressful.

But more importantly I would recommend you to got for BLS Brampton they are a bit better that Toronto.

Go to page # 216 and start reading from there. I have been following this Forum Topic since then almost 260 days ago. The best part is people in this forum are 100% better and more knowledgeable than BLS Customer care

If you need a timeline then please view my signature.

Good Luck

Reactions: jj_ind and Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
@Troy2245 It is pretty much the norm now. It was actually 6 months ago that it was stopped not 2 months I have been reading that from Dec 2021 first it was GTA and then everywhere in Canada this was implemented.

I applied for SC first in April 2022 and received it with in 35 days and then applied for OCI last month expecting an update with in a week, I have seen forum members getting SC within a week if applied in person in the last 3 weeks BLS Brampton. OCI seems to be about 5 weeks. My advise is better to read this forum thoroughly rather than being mislead by the BLS customer care. If you do walk in with appointment then things should be fairly quick and less stressful.

But more importantly I would recommend you to got for BLS Brampton they are a bit better that Toronto.

Go to page # 216 and start reading from there. I have been following this Forum Topic since then almost 260 days ago. The best part is people in this forum are 100% better and more knowledgeable than BLS Customer care

If you need a timeline then please view my signature.

Good Luck
Thanks for the info!

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020

such a nightmare

what a disaster.
Ya thats why i submitted Surrender + Entry visa. I am going to submit OCI once i get surrender certificate.

Reactions: Troy2245

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello Guys,
I applied for both entry visa + surrender certificate and they charged me $355. They did not ask me to whether i like to pick up or get it couriered. I am assuming that they will courier it and charged for it right?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hi guys, I mailed in the surrender and entry visa apps yesterday. They got delivered today. Can I book the tickets to India now or is it better to wait till I get the entry visa stamped in the Canadian PP? How long should I wait? Please advise.
I applied today in person for a 1 year entry visa with Multiple Entry. The lady said I should expect my passport in 10-15 business days.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hello Guys,
I applied for both entry visa + surrender certificate and they charged me $355. They did not ask me to whether i like to pick up or get it couriered. I am assuming that they will courier it and charged for it right?
Check your receipt. It will be itemised and will have a line item "Courier Fee"

Reactions: KumarJayx

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
For mail in no originals are required, only copies. I did my OCI via post.
I think this has changed now. The checklist specifies that we need to send in original canadian passport, indian passport and canadian citizenship certificate. I called BLS and they confirmed that too..

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
You should get an update in a day or two :)
My acknowledgement date is May 25th. I am still waiting to see some update. It looks like Ottawa applicants are always behind on these applications :(

• Sad
Reactions: Afzakl Ansari