FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
I submitted a query using Sampark a week ago. No response so far. What's the turnaround time for the Sampark enquiries?
Did you checked samaprk portal they reply there only. Don’t raise more than one query at time. Normally raise early morning and they reply on portal by afternoon. That’s what I had experienced.

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Hello fellow OCI applicants. Do I need to get worried about not seeing any status update on the OCI portal? Would now be a good time to put in a request on Sampak? Or is it a bit too soon? Any advice from this community will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Trying raising a ticket using "Contact Us" section on BLS Portal. I raised twice earlier for non OCI requests where though I paid for dropoff status showed ready for pickup. I challenged them stating my return tracking number. Both cases they responded in 1 day and did a dropoff

Reactions: canadamaple

Krishna1989

May 20, 2021
My status is showing passport ready for collection after OCI stamping. There is a comment that seems to be a tracking number but it's not working. It's been more than 30 hours since the comment . I tried using the comment number , even reference number etc as reference nothing in Purolator website

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Trying raising a ticket using "Contact Us" section on BLS Portal. I raised twice earlier for non OCI requests where though I paid for dropoff status showed ready for pickup. I challenged them stating my return tracking number. Both cases they responded in 1 day and did a dropoff
I will try this next week. However I am not sure how much BLS can help. The application is now with the MEA in New Delhi. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Reactions: jj_ind

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Wanted to share my experience at BLS. My wife and I got appointments to surrender our India passports and apply for visa to travel.

Arrived on time at BLS, with our minor daughter. I didn't know that she would need a separate appointment as well. Security did not let her inside and told us that if we wanted to apply for her as we would have to wait in the queue despite having appointments. Anyway, we left her outside in the car with our friends till wife and I finished our paperwork.

Once inside, the lady reviewing our application, said "you haven't filled out your Canadian passport number". I said it wasn't mandatory on the form. She insisted it was, even though that does not have an asterisk when filling out the form online. I asked her what if I hadn't got a Canadian passport made till then. She said then I have give a declaration that I do not have a Canadian passport. Not sure if any of this is mentioned on the documents checklist or this is some new diktat from BLS. I told her, I am carrying my laptop, I can make a fresh application in a few minutes, get a printout and be back. She says, "no your application has a mistake, so your appointment is cancelled. If you want to apply today, you will have to come through the walk in queue".

Anyway, we decided to come back and get another appointment. This time we decided to book appointments for five of us - two adults and three children. I got email confirmations for all the kids, but not for the adults. So I called their number to reconfirm. The guy on the phone was hellbent on selling me Purolator drop off and pick up service. He said, pick up time is limited so since you are a large group, they may not let all of you in at the same time and your will have to come individually one day each to pick up your cancelled passports". He even offered a discounted rate for pick up and drop off service through some complicated calculations.

Anyone here, who has surrendered their Indian passport, could you please confirm if this is true or if this is another scam by BLS.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Wanted to share my experience at BLS. My wife and I got appointments to surrender our India passports and apply for visa to travel.

Anyone here, who has surrendered their Indian passport, could you please confirm if this is true or if this is another scam by BLS.
So sorry that you had to go through this ordeal. Those guys are absolute scam artists. They are simply exploiting us abroad. When I applied for SC at BLS Ottawa back in 2019, all I had to do was show them my citizenship certificate. I did not have a Canadian passport at that time.

Reactions: akbardxb

BVRM

Mar 25, 2022
My status is showing passport ready for collection after OCI stamping. There is a comment that seems to be a tracking number but it's not working. It's been more than 30 hours since the comment . I tried using the comment number , even reference number etc as reference nothing in Purolator website
You might need to wait until Monday evening( after 4pm). You can forget about BLS. Just check on Purolator after Monday

Last edited:
Reactions: Krishna1989

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Oh man it's such a long long long process for me which never seems to end. Applied on April 2nd.
Its testing all of our patience. LOL

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Anyone who recently picked up passports from BLS Brampton....is there a long line up to pick up ?

How much is the waiting time ?

Could one be asked to come back next day in case its too crowded ?

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Anyone who recently picked up passports from BLS Brampton....is there a long line up to pick up ?

How much is the waiting time ?

Could one be asked to come back next day in case its too crowded ?
I picked up my OCI yesterday. I went there 2:30pm and there was only 3 people in the line but soon line became very long. They work very slow inside and if you are back in the line then there are good chance that you may not get inside before 4:30. My suggestion you reach there by 2:20 and stand in line.

Reactions: dushyant2809

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

Arrived on time at BLS, with our minor daughter. I didn't know that she would need a separate appointment as well. Security did not let her inside and told us that if we wanted to apply for her as we would have to wait in the queue despite having appointments. Anyway, we left her outside in the car with our friends till wife and I finished our paperwork.

Once inside, the lady reviewing our application, said "you haven't filled out your Canadian passport number". I said it wasn't mandatory on the form. She insisted it was, even though that does not have an asterisk when filling out the form online. I asked her what if I hadn't got a Canadian passport made till then. She said then I have give a declaration that I do not have a Canadian passport. Not sure if any of this is mentioned on the documents checklist or this is some new diktat from BLS. I told her, I am carrying my laptop, I can make a fresh application in a few minutes, get a printout and be back. She says, "no your application has a mistake, so your appointment is cancelled. If you want to apply today, you will have to come through the walk in queue".

Anyway, we decided to come back and get another appointment. This time we decided to book appointments for five of us - two adults and three children. I got email confirmations for all the kids, but not for the adults. So I called their number to reconfirm. The guy on the phone was hellbent on selling me Purolator drop off and pick up service. He said, pick up time is limited so since you are a large group, they may not let all of you in at the same time and your will have to come individually one day each to pick up your cancelled passports". He even offered a discounted rate for pick up and drop off service through some complicated calculations.

@akbardxb Am really sorry to read this feedback and the pain you have been through. Can you confirm the BLS office you have been to ?

I had a similar situation at BLS Brampton with Appointment on Apr 6th 2022 did SC without Canadian PP. I did some homework on this forum and did understand from the BLS checklist https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/surrender-of-india-citizenship.php that I need to submit a declaration that I have not applied for Canadian PP at the time of SC application. So I drafted a letter myself and submitted the same along with my application.

They did not accept my photographs giving some lame reasons so I had to redo it there by paying $15 more.

There were a few errors on my application like dates of passport expiry and names etc. the person at the counter informed me that I need to fill up a new application and come back by 1:30 PM and they will accept my application

I went back filled a new application and returned before 1:30 PM I was let in directly by the guard, they accepted my letter of explanation regarding Canadian PP. They did try to sell their postal service, I politely refused and said I will pick up to which they did not say anything.

Tracker updated on 11 May that SC was ready for pickup I came around 2:45 PM and left by 3:40 PM with all the docs.

pick up time is limited so since you are a large group, they may not let all of you in at the same time and your will have to come individually one day each to pick up your cancelled passports

As far as I know 1 person can do a pick-up for entire family as they would only allow one person inside during pick-up hours.

My advise is do not tell on the phone that you want to walk-in without appointment they will only try to sell the postal service. I was in the same situation and I dodged their question by telling that I have an appointment and the person on the phone was quiet.

I cannot vouch for the appointments mix up as mine was a Single applicant submission

Good Luck

Reactions: akbardxb

Dig-amber

Apr 19, 2022
My timeline for OCI so far:
Submitted OCI application: April 25th (walk in Brampton)
OCI web portal acknowledgement: May 17th
Document received in TO: June 10
BLS update: Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping June 17

I opted for purolator. So now have to wait for delivery.

Thanks

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, I mailed in the surrender and entry visa apps yesterday. They got delivered today. Can I book the tickets to India now or is it better to wait till I get the entry visa stamped in the Canadian PP? How long should I wait? Please advise.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Finally. Status Update on OCI Website. Thank God.

Sent to BLS - 02-May-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment 26-MAY-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 17-JUN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 17-JUN-2022
Document received At TORONTO On 17-JUN-2022