+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Dig-amber

Apr 19, 2022
My status did to changed Last update was June 10th on OCI web portal: document received in Toronto. After that nothing. I sent an email asking if there is any update but no response yet. What is the number to call BLS brampton ?

Reactions: canadamaple

Dig-amber

Apr 19, 2022
I am wondering if there were cases where BLS did not update online but sent the OCI card by purolator ? I check purolator as well with my file reference number but nothing yet

Krishna1989

May 20, 2021
My status did to changed Last update was June 10th on OCI web portal: document received in Toronto. After that nothing. I sent an email asking if there is any update but no response yet. What is the number to call BLS brampton ?
Mine was 9th June , my status changed yesterday. So search again after 3:30 pm. My office was Bls Toronto . If it's same I guess they are just slow .

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
Is there anyone else who has experienced something similar? Despite my request for counter pickup, the status shows "Ready for Dispatch." For the pick-up service, I didn't even pay.
I submitted an application for an entry visa last week, and the status is now ready for dispatch. They were probably confused by my OCI application, which was for pickup and drop.
Not sure what to do now?

BVRM

Mar 25, 2022
Is there anyone else who has experienced something similar? Despite my request for counter pickup, the status shows "Ready for Dispatch." For the pick-up service, I didn't even pay.
I submitted an application for an entry visa last week, and the status is now ready for dispatch. They were probably confused by my OCI application, which was for pickup and drop.
Not sure what to do now?
Not experienced but it make sense as Drop off service refers the passport number.

Reactions: nawalasansol

to_munda

Feb 13, 2022
last update
Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping
Does this mean that you can just walk-in and collect you OCI?
AS my status also shows the same today and I called B(L)S they they said I have to pay for courier and they will send it.
I said I told them that I will pick up myself when I applied.
And the guy said "Did you get an authorization for pick up?"
WTF ?? :O

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
AS my status also shows the same today and I called B(L)S they they said I have to pay for courier and they will send it.
Do this, leave your Pen in BLS office when you go for OCI pickup and call B(L)S and ask for that - for sure they will say "You have to pay and we will courier your Pen next day" :p

I think, when status says ready for collection and you didn't pay for courier then you have to go in-person to pickup your OCI.

• Haha
Reactions: immigrant7

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
I'm not experienced, but it makes sense as the drop off service refers to the passport number.
Yeah, I just checked the BLS site and I can see a comment with a number (which seems like a tracking number) and a datetime. Having said that, the tracking number is not reflected in the Purolator system. I will check once again in the evening and update you guys here.

Last edited:

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
I recently picked up my OCI card personally.

I had requested self pickup while applying, so I just went on the day the status changed to Available for Pickup.
Just take along the slips they give on the day of application.

In general, they do push for Courier delivery or sign you up for that without asking. But if you manage to request and get self-pick up option, all you need is to just go and get it.

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
you can track after 1 week from the delivery date for Surrender certificate. it would be available anywhere between delivery date +5 days to 8 days to show up on the tracker.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/track-application.php

Submission Type* -- Select -- Postal Application
Application Type* -- Select -- Passport Application
Passport NumberENTER your PASSPORT Number (INDIAN)

for VISA i believe it would be the same

Submission Type* -- Select -- Postal Application
Application Type* -- Select -- Visa Application
Passport Number
ENTER your PASSPORT Number (CANADIAN)

there will be a captcha to enetr then you can track both applications.
Thanks a lot, Alex!

BVRM

Mar 25, 2022
Yeah, I just checked the BLS site and I can see a comment with a number (which seems like a tracking number) and a datetime. Having said that, the tracking number is not reflected in the Purolator system. I will check once again in the evening and update you guys here.
My OCI also same state. Usually Purolator pick it up on same day ( evening or next day). For sure we will get it delivered latest by Monday( Will be delivered tomorrow if they pickup by EOD today)

Update: Just picked up. You may check Purolator now

Last edited:
Reactions: nawalasansol

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi Everyone- My spouse's Indian passport expired in Sep 2021 and we did not renew it as our citizenship was in process. Now that we have our citizenship and Canadian passport I'm trying to fill up a online application for OCI. But it is not accepting spouse passport details for the reason- 'passport must be valid for 6 months'. Is there a way out, there is no point renewing the Indian passport now.
Please suggest , am I missing some information regarding expired passports for OCI? Your help is much appreciated.