Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hey guys, when submitting an application at BLS Brampton for OCI, would they keep my Canadian Passport for the whole time the OCI is getting processed? or do they just verify and return it to me?

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
Hey guys, when submitting an application at BLS Brampton for OCI, would they keep my Canadian Passport for the whole time the OCI is getting processed? or do they just verify and return it to me?
They would verify and return. OCI is a separate passport like document so your Canadian passport is not required the whole time.

Reactions: sundeep_s_

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
I applied on 28-May North York. When do I expect Processed?
It takes 2-3 weeks for your application to start showing at consulate site as acknowledged after you have submitted at BLS, and its normally another 3 week from your acknowledgement date showing at Consulate site to change to Processed.

Reactions: bestofluck

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Guys I have been checking mine (assuming all family member will have same status) since morning mine didn’t updated but I just checked for my wife and kid and their status is PROCESSED, Last update as “Document received at Toronto”.
I am getting hopeful probably the batch has started picking application for May 25 Acknowledgment. Will keep posted.
Same here, one of the two applications got updated to "Processed" yesterday. Waiting for other one's status change.
Please post here once your last one is processed.

Thanks!

Reactions: souvik126

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Still under process here :(

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello,
Is there any detailed steps or procedure that I could follow in this thread to surrender and apply for OCI?

Thank you in advance!
Each of the consulates have their own pages for the steps and process. To get you started, here are the pages for CGI Toronto. Vancouver and Ottawa may have slight differences, but the general process an documents required are more or less identical.

Surrender Process: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/surrender-certificate/
OCI Application: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-application/

If you have any specific doubts, then feel free to browse through recent posts here or ask a question, and many of us will be happy to help.

Good luck.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
How did u get the tracking number
You can check purolator website with application number and it will show your tracking number if it’s been picked up from BLS

Purolator website there is option to check using PIN or Reference, Reference is your application reference Number.

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, I mailed in the surrender application and entry visa applications separately yesterday. From Chatham, ON to Brampton, ON.

They will open it Monday June 20th. Anyway to check the status of processing?

How long does it take for both these days?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi guys, I mailed in the surrender application and entry visa applications separately yesterday. From Chatham, ON to Brampton, ON.

They will open it Monday June 20th. Anyway to check the status of processing?

How long does it take for both these days?
you can track after 1 week from the delivery date for Surrender certificate. it would be available anywhere between delivery date +5 days to 8 days to show up on the tracker.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/track-application.php

Submission Type* -- Select -- Postal Application
Application Type* -- Select -- Passport Application
Passport NumberENTER your PASSPORT Number (INDIAN)

for VISA i believe it would be the same

Submission Type* -- Select -- Postal Application
Application Type* -- Select -- Visa Application
Passport Number
ENTER your PASSPORT Number (CANADIAN)

there will be a captcha to enetr then you can track both applications.

Reactions: Edifytech

BVRM

Mar 25, 2022
You can check purolator website with application number and it will show your tracking number if it’s been picked up from BLS

Purolator website there is option to check using PIN or Reference, Reference is your application reference Number.
As being said, other than using Application ref number, BLS specifies PIN as a comment. I received pin for 6 Purolator drop off services so far ( 3 for SC and 3 for OCI) as a comment.... many people mentioned that they haven't received PIN though... I always subscribed for the Drop off service thru online only.... if this matters for getting PIN when they dispatch

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
As being said, other than using Application ref number, BLS specifies PIN as a comment. I received pin for 6 Purolator drop off services so far ( 3 for SC and 3 for OCI) as a comment.... many people mentioned that they haven't received PIN though... I always subscribed for the Drop off service thru online only.... if this matters for getting PIN when they dispatch
I haven’t received pin yet. BLS status says ready for dispatch. Sometime BLS system does not update purolator pin

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Did anybody see a status change on the OCI portal yesterday or today? I am beginning to panic a bit seeing that my status remains unchanged. :(

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
Same here, one of the two applications got updated to "Processed" yesterday. Waiting for other one's status change.
Please post here once your last one is processed.

Thanks!
Mine showing Processed now at Consulate site. My wife and kid’s status was processed yesterday so as of today all are processed now. Now waiting for BLS to dispatch.

Reactions: ashishm999