+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hello Guys,
Quick question.
I live in Toronto and applying OCI from Brampton. So in what name i should take demand draft of 345? Is it “High Commission of India, Ottawa” Or “Consulate General of India, Toronto”
Both Toronto and Brampton are under Toronto CGI Jurisdiction. So you should get Consulate General of India, Toronto”
Also most of the banks and post office (for money order) have space issue and write only Consulate General of India
Hope in your form you mentioned Mission as Toronto and not Ottawa if you are submitting in Brampton

Reactions: KumarJayx

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Looks like people with OCI acknowledgement dates of May 21 - 25th could expect to see some update on the OCI portal today/tomorrow. I am refreshing the OCI page every hour. Still see 'under process' :(

Reactions: ashishm999

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Both Toronto and Brampton are under Toronto CGI Jurisdiction. So you should get Consulate General of India, Toronto”
Also most of the banks and post office (for money order) have space issue and write only Consulate General of India
Hope in your form you mentioned Mission as Toronto and not Ottawa if you are submitting in Brampton
Thanks buddy. Yes i have choosen Toronto.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
No change in OCI status. I will check again later tonight and tomorrow morning and report here :)

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello Guys,
After completing the online OCI application, it asked me to upload documents. I only uploaded canadian n Indian passport and job letter. It did not give me option to upload surrender certificate, canadian citizenship certificate or proof of address which is present in OCI checklist. I am going to submit photocopies of all these documents when i go in person to bls but just want to check if this is normal. Thanks

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hello Guys,
After completing the online OCI application, it asked me to upload documents. I only uploaded canadian n Indian passport and job letter. It did not give me option to upload surrender certificate, canadian citizenship certificate or proof of address which is present in OCI checklist. I am going to submit photocopies of all these documents when i go in person to bls but just want to check if this is normal. Thanks
Scan citizenship certificate along with Canadian passport
Scan surrender certificate along with cancelled Indian passport
Address proof needs to be submitted in physical format, not uploaded

Reactions: KumarJayx

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can we get an Indian visa on Canadian PP without applying for a surrender certificate and OCI?

I will apply for a surrender certificate and OCI. But, I always want to have something in hand to visit India in case of an unforeseen emergency, as the OCI process takes 6-8 weeks.

Thanks

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi,

Can we get an Indian visa on Canadian PP without applying for a surrender certificate and OCI?

I will apply for a surrender certificate and OCI. But, I always want to have something in hand to visit India in case of an unforeseen emergency, as the OCI process takes 6-8 weeks.

Thanks
Technically no. How can u obtain Indian visa when u r still an Indian citizen. But anything can happen in BLS raj

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hi,

Thanks
You can apply for surrender and entry visa on same day. BLS will attach receipt of surrender in entry visa and your Canadian passport with Indian visa will be available in 7-10 days and surrender process will run in parallel.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
How is the line up/queue for walk-ins at Brampton/Toronto for Entry Visa., nowadays. Is there a good chance if we reach there by 6:30 am to stand in queue.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Looks like people with OCI acknowledgement dates of May 21 - 25th could expect to see some update on the OCI portal today/tomorrow. I am refreshing the OCI page every hour. Still see 'under process' :(
Did anyones status changed in last 2-3 days. If yes, pls share your OCI acknowledgement date on OCI portal.
I believe everyone with OCI ack date of May 24th or earlier would have got status changed to "Processed" on OCI portal.

Thanks!

Last edited: