Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
thanks! i did that for Surrender, but the guard kinda made a a fuss saying the appointment category is wrong.. and asked me to make sure i use correct category for OCI
@alexpolis007 This time you will submit @ BLS Brampton Office : 40 Gillingham Drive Behind the Brampton Passport office as all the OCI applications have to be submitted there ONLY and not @ 60 Gillingham Drive above service canada, where you must have submitted SC so the guards will be different and in all honesty the way BLS treats us they have no right to deny service based on some stupid assumption or opinion of guards about having the same purpose on the Appointment and the Application.

Keep in mind that the guards have no role except for Crowd control and handing over the tokens,

@ 40 Gillingham Drive there was a lady guard at the door on both instances for SC Pick-up and OCI Submission

I would say rather than waiting in the line better go with an appointment. Nobody cares and once you're done with the application it doesn't matter. Even you can play the card of driving all the way from Windsor and you will definitely have an ID proof proving the same. With all these in hand nobody can deny you service if you go with an appointment.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys, applying for surrender certificate. The applation has a section for Foreign Passport Number. I dont have my canadian passport yet, but have Citizenship cert in hand. Can I fill in my Citizenship cert number in it?

@sundeep_s_ You can leave it BLANK but you do need to submit a letter in the below format and content.

To,

Consulate General of India,
365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Re: Self Declaration regarding not including Canadian passport with surrender certificate application.

I ____________________________ declare that I have not yet applied for a Canadian passport since becoming a citizen on ______________________. Due to this situation, I am unable to submit the same with Surrender Certificate application for Indian Passport.

Yours truly

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: sundeep_s_

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi, can anyone help me out with a simplified step by step procedure for Surrender to OCI in Brampton?
What documents would be required for OCI? I do not have any family or relatives. So, I am little worried as to what
documents would be required? Any help would be appreciated.
Read this: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-application/

Here's the simplified step by step procedure
1. Apply and get Surrender Certificate if you haven't done so. (See https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/surrender-certificate/)
2. Fill in the Online Application at https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome
3. Print out and collect all required documents and submit to BLS
4. Wait for OCI.

Please read back about 15 - 20 pages in this thread as many have detailed their experiences.

Reactions: delray55

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
FYI

Hello all,

Anyone looking for an appointment at Montreal BLS, they have opened the calendar now, June from today's date until July end full Calendar green, if anyone would like to book an appointment, go ahead and book.

I booked 4 slots for 4 applications (OCI) .

Thank you

Reactions: delray55

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I wonder why all OCI updates on the MEA portal happens on a Wednesday. Looks like most OCI applicants see a status update on a Wednesday. Hmm. Thoughts, fellow OCI applicants?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
My application got updated to PROCESSED last Friday with a date of June 11(Saturday).
Hmm. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. My acknowledgement date is May 25th. I keep checking the OCI portal every couple of hours with a hope of seeing an update. LOL.