+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
I have these at the back. The front is identical (except for the details of course)

What birth certificate did you use when applying for Canadian PR? And you must have used this to apply for their Indian passport, so I suppose that it should work for the OCI as well. But check with the consulate.
Hi, thanks. I just found that I ve an attested one in my folder as soft copy but original/hard copy is missing. Am i supposed to produce only original or soft copy print out is enough?

Reactions: Hot2Cold

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
OCI Application Timeline-Sent by Post to Brampton:
Delivered to BLS: April 11
BLS Status-Processing at Consulate: Apr 15
OCI Status-Under Process: May 5
OCI Status-Processed and Docs received in Toronto: May 26
BLS Status- Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping: June 1
Delivered by Purolator at home in Downton Toronto: June 3

Thanks to this forum for all its help from PR to citizenship to OCI.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
That makes sense.

I just tried calling, but the call center line seemed pretty useless. I hung up, and then immediately afterwards got a call from BLS, with a recorded message saying that your application is under process at the mission. I am not sure if this call came in because I just called, or was it an actual status update call.

Anyhow, I might even visit the BLS Center as it is is very close to my place. If the queue is short, I will take a chance.

PS: Congrats to you for your card! :)
My experience - I called BLS when my status was Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping, but the call center guy said that they did not have my OCI and said that it was still at the Consulate. I thanked him politely and hung up knowing it wouldn't help to argue or enquire further. The status changed the next day and my OCIs were delivered as well.

I think once it's at BLS, you should be good to go pick it up.

• Haha
Reactions: jj_ind

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi, thanks. I just found that I ve an attested one in my folder as soft copy but original/hard copy is missing. Am i supposed to produce only original or soft copy print out is enough?
Soft copy is enough for submission. Just self attest it as they have mentioned (This is a true copy... etc + Date + Signature) and you should be good.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Question.

While filling out OCI for child less than 10 years old. What's the alternative for signature in the upload section.?
Thumbprint is ok. If he is old enough to sign his name, then they can sign too. Make a soft copy of both, upload and print the thubprint, then reupload and print the signature. That way you are ready for anything. Whatever they accept, then re-upload that if required. You can upload photos and signature even after submitting to BLS as long as it is the same as the hard copy that was submitted.

In Entry Visa online form, what do we put if there is no
Visible identification marks for child
Write NONE.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thumb print... but get the kid to sign, 10 years from now your kid will love that...
Yeah. My son is a few months short of 18, and he hated the fact that he had to use a thumb impression. Since I was prepared with both and BLS accepted his signature, we submitted his application with a signature and it was accepted.

Reactions: manu.yoganand

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Can you please tell me , what documents to upload for OCI online, I have uploaded my citizenship certificate, Indian surrendered passport and canadian passport , what do upload in Indian Visa?
It used to be the COPR, but that has changed recently. Nothing to upload here as far as I know..

I posted about this here back in April.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Can you please tell me , what documents to upload for OCI online, I have uploaded my citizenship certificate, Indian surrendered passport and canadian passport , what do upload in Indian Visa?
Oh, and just ask a question once. Anyone of us will answer it if we can. Asking the same question multiple times may sometime cause a negative response. Most of us are willing to help where we can. :D

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thappad se darr nahi lagta hai sahab....BLS waalon se darr lagta hai....... :p

Bhai BLS waalon ka bharosa nahi hai....they will say...when its written....to put thumb print...then why sign......and 10 years from now.....OCI will have to be re-issued anyway for child......
As per current guidelines OCI is reissued only on getting a new passport after the age of 20. So renew their passport before they turn 20. Then OCI will have to be re-issued only when they get a new passport after they turn 20.

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Soft copy is enough for submission. Just self attest it as they have mentioned (This is a true copy... etc + Date + Signature) and you should be good.
Hi, so we do not have to submit original BC for UAE embassy attestation and it is only on photo copy they attest?

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
As per current guidelines OCI is reissued only on getting a new passport after the age of 20. So renew their passport before they turn 20. Then OCI will have to be re-issued only when they get a new passport after they turn 20.
i got you... that way I can delay the reissuance for some more time.

Reactions: Hot2Cold