+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi All,
Whats the timeline for Surrender Certificate and OCI now?. I mean how many days will it take to receive the Surrender certificate if I apply this week?
Also, Is the BLS office particular about the type of appointment booked? Can I book a Visa appointment for Surrender passport.? Will I be sent back? We are travelling soon and everything is getting delayed.. :(
Surrender certificate 1 month
OCI 2 months
These are general timelines for Toronto location

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you both. It looks like I can book an appointment for OCI 5-6 weeks after the surrender certificate application submission. Let me see if I can find an appointment for OCI in July. Is BLS particular about the appointment type (OCI, Passport or Visa)? Or can I grab any available appointment and use it for OCI application submission?
@jagadishgandhi If you are looking for an appointment for Walk-In I would strongly recommend you to submit at BLS Brampton rather than Toronto as I see a lot of not so positive feedback. It's worth the time and effort if the logistics work out.

Also, You can select anything OCI/Passport/Visa while booking an appointment it does not matter. I used Visa as an appointment to Submit my OCI application.

5-6 weeks should be good for you to get your Surrender Certificate application complete and in your hands.

Please do check my signature for the timeline.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: jagadishgandhi

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All,
Whats the timeline for Surrender Certificate and OCI now?. I mean how many days will it take to receive the Surrender certificate if I apply this week?
Also, Is the BLS office particular about the type of appointment booked? Can I book a Visa appointment for Surrender passport.? Will I be sent back? We are travelling soon and everything is getting delayed.. :(
@tisha511 SC is about 35 Calendar days if done in person at BLS Brampton, OCI about 5-6 weeks after you get SC. You can go for any type VISA/OCI/Passport.

If you're travelling soon and have Canadian PP then you can go with SC + Entry visa for 6 months in once appointment. you Could get it (Entry Visa) done in 7 days stamp on your Canadian pp

I'd prefer BLS Brampton over Toronto. You can check my signature for timelines for SC and Canadian PP

Good Luck

Reactions: tisha511

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
@jagadishgandhi If you are looking for an appointment for Walk-In I would strongly recommend you to submit at BLS Brampton rather than Toronto as I see a lot of not so positive feedback. It's worth the time and effort if the logistics work out.

Also, You can select anything OCI/Passport/Visa while booking an appointment it does not matter. I used Visa as an appointment to Submit my OCI application.

5-6 weeks should be good for you to get your Surrender Certificate application complete and in your hands.

Please do check my signature for the timeline.

Good Luck
Thanks for your detailed reply. That answers all my questions. Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Craxyrider

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I request you all to contact Consulate through different mediums & report issues related to BLS. I will be reporting tactics used by BLS to force us in buying purolator delivery. They should allow pickup on Saturday as well & for longer duration on all 6 days.

If a family of 4 applies for any service we are forced to pay $120+

Reactions: canadamaple

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
If you have the attested English version of the UAE Birth Certificate, you should be good and don't require any additional attestation. My son was born in Dubai, and his birth certificate was accepted as is. (Note: It was attested at the time that he was born.)
Hello, thanks for your swift response. I just checked her BC & do not find any attestation/seal in that. this means, i need to get it attested in UAE embassy and also in Indian embassy? Any idea what is the procedure to get from UAE embassy?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello, thanks for your swift response. I just checked her BC & do not find any attestation/seal in that. this means, i need to get it attested in UAE embassy and also in Indian embassy? Any idea what is the procedure to get from UAE embassy?
If you have a certificate that looks likes this, then that is all you need as that is the official English translation of the birth certificate. It should have been attested by Ministry of Health. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the back of the page..

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I wouldn't know how to go about attesting it if you haven't had it done as yet, but not sure if it (i.e. attestation) is needed for the OCI application. Check with BLS / CGI before contacting the UAE Embassy.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi,

Submitted OCI application 2 days ago (walk-in), last night my status updated to.

Application StatusIncomplete/Incorrect Data
Incomplete/Incorrect Data

"Applicant signature required on page 4" :confused:

What should I do ? Wait for email and send the missing document via email or I have to visit BLS again ? I am not near BLS office, and I tried to call them they said wait for email. But it is possible to do this via email send missing doc ?

Or is it possible that someone can drop that document in person on my behalf (spouse) ?

Please advise.

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Any Indian montrealite here who visited BLS recently to apply for "surrender and OCI", just have few questions...

• If walk in possible if we show up at 8 morning with complete checklist?
  • Can we apply Surrender and OCI at same time?
  • Any easy travel proof that could work with Canada passport center to apply within "3-45 days"?

Last edited:

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Just FYI for anybody who is looking to book an appointment with BLS-Toronto for OCI.

I have just cancelled an appointment which was scheduled for Monday June 06, 2022 at 12:40.

Please grab the slot, if you want.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi,

Submitted OCI application 2 days ago (walk-in), last night my status updated to.

Application StatusIncomplete/Incorrect Data
Incomplete/Incorrect Data

"Applicant signature required on page 4" :confused:

What should I do ? Wait for email and send the missing document via email or I have to visit BLS again ? I am not near BLS office, and I tried to call them they said wait for email. But it is possible to do this via email send missing doc ?

Or is it possible that someone can drop that document in person on my behalf (spouse) ?

Please advise.
anyone had this in past ? any idea how to fix this issue ?

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
Passport surrender timeline seem to have improved (Brampton/Toronto). It took 7 weeks for me (submitted in March) but for 2 of my friends who have submitted last month (May) got their surrender certificate in 3.5 and 4 weeks.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport surrender timeline seem to have improved (Brampton/Toronto). It took 7 weeks for me (submitted in March) but for 2 of my friends who have submitted last month (May) got their surrender certificate in 3.5 and 4 weeks.
Yes, my spouse will be getting SC in 2.5 weeks. Applied on 21-May at BLS-Brampton & it is already in transit to BLS centre. As per internal status it is approved without PV. Not sure when it takes longer is it because of police verification.