+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rajvijpatil

Mar 29, 2022
OCI can be applied in India. but you should be a long term visa. Some places it says you need 3 months validity remaining and some say 6 months validity in existing visa. So in nutshell it can be done if you can arrange a longer term entry visa to begin with.

Foreign nationals cannot apply for OCI in India while on Tourist Visa, Missionary Visa and Mountaineering Visa. Moreover, the foreigner has to be ordinarily resident of India to be eligible to apply for OCI registration in India.
Note: 'ordinarily resident' will mean a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continuous period of 6 months.

https://ociservices.gov.in/

One more thing. I believe OCI has to be applied in FRRO offices (popup from above site shows locations) and because of covid i think now they need appointments to visit the office. So you may have to factor in that as well.
Thank you

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Is it 1 month from submission to BLS or from AOR from Indian consulate?
The one month I mentioned is from the Under-process status on the OCI Services website.

CGI is never in the picture for OCI, though they receive your application from and return your OCI to BLS, your updates will be from the OCI Services website only.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
The one month I mentioned is from the Under-process status on the OCI Services website.

CGI is never in the picture for OCI, though they receive your application from and return your OCI to BLS, your updates will be from the OCI Services website only.
Thanks. That's a long wait! + additional times for mail, Delivery, etc.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
No offence, but how it is BLS's fault if you make a mistake in form?

PS: I do not like BLS, not even 1%.
One of the many points that some of us are making here is that the BLS documentation is so convoluted and confusing, that it is easy to misinterpret it and that leads to the so called mistakes.

One example from me: In the photo specs it is mentioned that one can wear glasses as long as the eyes can be seen. But BLS insisted that I cannot wear glasses in the photo. I had to retake the photos at BLS to correct this mistake.

In another example, my application had full parents' name as that is what the application form requested. But I was asked to correct the mistake as the passports only had the first names of my parents.

While not technically mistakes, these are labelled as such by BLS. But I was lucky that I was able to make the appropriate corrections and submit the application without having to come back another day. Others were not so lucky and were sent back.

Again if the process of application were simplified and clear instructions were provided, with an easy way to make corrections despite these, then no one would complain about their services.

Reactions: nskatcv

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Does the BLS status change after the original documents are returned?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
One of the many points that some of us are making here is that the BLS documentation is so convoluted and confusing, that it is easy to misinterpret it and that leads to the so called mistakes.

One example from me: In the photo specs it is mentioned that one can wear glasses as long as the eyes can be seen. But BLS insisted that I cannot wear glasses in the photo. I had to retake the photos at BLS to correct this mistake.

In another example, my application had full parents' name as that is what the application form requested. But I was asked to correct the mistake as the passports only had the first names of my parents.

While not technically mistakes, these are labelled as such by BLS. But I was lucky that I was able to make the appropriate corrections and submit the application without having to come back another day. Others were not so lucky and were sent back.

Again if the process of application were simplified and clear instructions were provided, with an easy way to make corrections despite these, then no one would complain about their services.
One other thing that can be done on govt side is provide a option to create a new copy from existing form which is submitted and edit it.
we need not re do the full form for one minor mistake and another mistake in hurry in new form

delray55

Apr 4, 2022

Is the OCI processed in local consulate and printed in India?

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016

Ohhh that's quite ackward situation. By the way, any idea what's the full form of word "BLS".
If I have to guess its gives me a different full-form :D:p

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Ohhh that's quite ackward situation. By the way, any idea what's the full form of word "BLS".
If I have to guess its gives me a different full-form :D:p
No idea what BLS stands for, but you are not alone in guessing the different full form as many forum members have suggested it already. :D :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: jj_ind